Joint Entrance Examination [JEE Main]
JEE (Main) exam is the buzz word in today's society. It is considered as the greatest challenge to pass the examination with great scores and get admission in prestigious colleges in India. Students dedicate months of preparation to crack the exam. Usually the student takes up JEE after his/ her higher secondary examination and JEE is an objective type paper which evaluates the aptitude skill of the candidate.
JEE is a most popular national level engineering entrance examination conducted for admission to interested candidates in undergraduate engineering programs like B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Arch courses in various colleges all over India. JEE exams are classified into two stages :
Exams are conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) while JEE Advanced is conducted by the IIT’s JEE-Main exam is for admission to
33 NITs - National Institutes of Technology
18 IITs- Indian Institutes of Information Technology
19 CFTIs - Centrally Funded Technical Institutes and other engineering colleges across the Indian states.
While the JEE-Advanced is for admission to the Indian School of Mines (ISM) including the 23 IITs.
JEE Main exams can be conducted both online and offline (Students go to the JEE registered exam center and take up the examination). JEE Main is the eligibility criteria for JEE Advanced.
Exam has two papers – Paper 1 & Paper 2. Candidates are allowed to take both the exams. The differences between both the papers are highlighted as below :
Paper 1 is for admission to B.E / B.Tech courses and the candidate can attend the examination in both online and offline mode.
Paper 2 is for admission to B.Arch and B.Planning courses and the candidate can attend the examination only through offline mode.
JEE Main Exam Date
Any latest news and updates in JEE Main 2018?
- The exam JEE Main is conducted in English, Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi and Urdu and other languages
- The no of the exam centers for JEE Main 2018 exam has gone up to 258
- And the number of CFTIs participating in JEE Main 2018 has increased from 20 to 23.
When will the online exam for JEE Mains 2018 start?
The JEE Mains exams in online form are been conducted in the computer centers on:
- April 15 and 16, 2018 that is around (9.30 am to 12.30 noon)
- And the another session between (2 pm to 5 pm)
When will JEE Main admit card be released?
JEE Main admit to be released in the Second week of March 2018
- The Admit card will be provided a week before the exam
- Aspirants are advised to download the admit card from the official website of JEE-M 2018 only.
When will the JEE Main 2018 results be announced? And the importance of admit card?
The JEE Main 2018 results to be announced in the month of April 30, 2018.
Importance of Admit Card:
- The JEE Main admit card is an important document where all candidates have to keep safe and produce in the examination center.
- And the aspirants have to bring their identity proof to the examination center along with the admit card of JEE Main 2018
Can I know when the offline mode of exam for JEE Mains 2018 begin?
The JEE Main offline mode exam will be conducted on 8th April 2018.
When will the JEE Mains 2018 all India ranking be announced?
The JEE Mains 2018 all India ranking be announced in the month of April 30, 2018.
Schedule of JEE main exams?
JEE Main exams are scheduled in the month of April 2018. The Schedule of JEE Main exam is as follows:
|JEE Main 2018 Offline Exam
|JEE Main 2018 Online Exam
Time Schedule for Paper 1 & Paper 2
|SCHEDULE for Offline exam Pen and Paper based examination (April , 2018)
||Timings for Paper-1(B.E./B.Tech.)
||Date and time for Paper-2(B.Arch./B. Planning.)
|a) Entry in the Examination Centre
||07: 00 AM . (IST)
||13: 00 PM. (IST)
|b) Entry in the Examination Hall
||09: 00 AM (IST)
||13: 30 PM. (IST)
|c) Distribution of Test Booklet
||09: 20 AM. (IST)
||13: 50 PM. (IST)
|d) Seal of the Test Booklet to be broken/opened to take out the Question paper and answer sheet
||09: 25AM (IST)
||13: 55PM. (IST)
|e) Last entry in the Examination Hall
||09: 30 AM (IST)
||14: 00 PM (IST)
|f) Test commences
||09: 30 AM. (IST)
||14: 00 PM(IST)
|g) Test concludes
||12 :30 PM (IST)
||17: 00 PM(IST)
Schedule for Computer Based Test (Online Exam) PAPER-1 (B. E./B. TECH.): 08th & 09th April 2018
|a) Entry in the Examination Centre
||07: 00 AM .(IST)
||13: 00 PM. (IST)
|b) Entry in the Examination Hall
||09: 00 AM (IST)
||13: 00 PM. (IST
|c) Last entry in the Examination Hall
||09: 30 AM(IST)
||14: 00 PM(IST)
|d) Test commences
||09: 30 AM. (IST)
||14: 00 PM(IST)
|e) Test concludes
||12 :30 PM(IST)
||17: 00 PM(IST)
JEE Main Eligibility criteria
Does the Nationality matters for eligibility criteria in JEE Mains?
The nationality doesn't matter whether you're Indian Citizen or from Foreign Nationals,
- So both the Indian Citizen as well as the.
- The NRIs, PIOs, OCIs & Foreign national candidates can also apply.
What should the age limit for General and OBC for taking the JEE Mains exams?
According to the JEE Mains the age limit mainly depends on the category
- For the aspirants who have born after 1st October 1993 and must not have the age more than 24 Years while appearing for exam
Is there a different eligibility criterion for SC/ST/PWD candidates for JEE Mains?
The eligibility criterion for the SC/ST candidates can be benefitted with 5 Years of Age Relaxation.
It means that they must be born after 1st October 1988 and the Upper Age Limit – 29 Years can also appear in the exam
What are the eligibility criteria for the MP, Nagaland, and Odisha students for JEE Main Exam?
- As the states of Nagaland, Madhya Pradesh, and Odisha have joined JEE (Main) system from past 2014.
- Hence the age limit, for admission to institutions in these states were earlier admitting aspirants based on their state level examinations, will be as per their past practice only
What is the JEE Main 2018 Eligibility Marks?
- The JEE Main Eligibility Marks & Percentage Criteria for the applicants who have scored more than 75% or be in Top 20 Percentile in individual Board can only appear in IIT JEE 2018.
- And in case of ST/SC/PWD Contenders, the percentage standards will be around 65%.
What is the basic qualifying eligibility Criteria to apply for JEE Mains?
- The Age Limit: here the Date of Birth is one of the criteria for the candidate attempting JEE Main 2018.
- The required Subjects: here the grouping of subjects chosen for in the 12th standard qualifying examination by the aspirant attending JEE Main 2018.
- And the Minimum Qualification: Here the Aspirants who have passed class 12th or equivalent in 2016 or 2017 are eligible to apply for JEE Main 2018
Can I know if there is any Reservation process for JEE Main?
Reservation of Seats:
- The reservation is done based on the Government of India rules
- And the aspirants belonging to certain categories are admitted to seats reserved for them based on relaxed criteria.
Few of the categories are:
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) if they belong to Non-Creamy Layer (NCL)
- Scheduled Castes (SC)
- Scheduled Tribes (ST)
- And for Persons with Disability (PWD)
What are the eligibility criteria for the droppers?
For the dropped a year for exam preparation candidates:
- First the candidates who have dropped a year for exam preparation must have a look at the important aspects of IIT JEE Main Eligibility Criteria for Droppers 2018.
For the drop out candidates:
- And the drop out candidates must also follow the same rules
- If the drop out students has appeared in IIT JEE Exam earlier, then the total no. of attempts will be reduced accordingly as the upper age limit is around 24 years.
JEE Main Application Form & fees
When the last date to submit JEE Main 2018 application form?
The last day for submission of the JEE Mains application form is in the month of 1st December 2017 to 1st January 2018.
In JEE Main 2018 Exam what is the Last Date for Payment of Application Fees from credit card/debit card?
The last date for the Payment of Application Fees from either credit card/debit card is in the month of January 2nd 2018
What is the application fees extended date for JEE Main Exam?
The application fee can be paid until January 2
What is the procedure to fill the application form for JEE Main 2018?
- First visit the Official Website of JEE Main.
- Next Click on the CBSE Portal
- Enter the User ID and Password and click the Login to register their school.
- Continue For Registration
- New candidates must click on “Apply for JEE Main 2018.”
- And the Already registered users can enter their JEE Main 2018 Application Number and Password
- Next Fill in your details as required on the Application Form
- After the registration form is submitted, the students will get an Application Number, which should be kept securely for future use.
How to make the payment for the application form fees for JEE Main 2018?
Here are few steps for the Payment of application form:
- First is Payment Portal once registration is done, you should divert to protected secure portal.
- The aspirant should pay using credit/debit card or by net banking
- Later After filling up the details in the fields provided on the payment screen, click on "Pay".
- Next the students should Log out after completion of payment
- The candidate will be provided with an e-challan if he/she wishes to pay offline.
- Next the entrants are advised collect the printout of the Acknowledgement slip as a proof of payment.
What is the process if I have any Application Form Correction in for JEE Main 2018?
Yes, the Corrections will be permitted in uploaded images
- That is both signature and photograph
- And the Change of mode that is correction window will also open for correction in application form details like the change in exam mode
- And from the Paper Based Test to Computer Based Test, the city of examination, changes in paper-2 to paper-1.
- And the Candidate can make changes only in the selected fields.
JEE Main Syllabus & Exam Pattern
What is the Exam Paper Pattern for JEE Mains 2018?
The Exam Paper Pattern for JEE Mains 2018:
- JEE Main 2018 examination will be based on the syllabus prescribed for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics by CBSE
- Duration is 3 hours
- Total no of question asked are 90, and the total marks is for 360.
- Where Each question will carry 4 marks
- And 1 mark will deducted for every wrong attempt
- And if no response is indicated, no marks will be deducted
I want to know about the JEE Mains 2018 examination for B.Tech and B.Arch.?
The JEE Main 2018 Examination will consist of two papers
- Where the 1st paper consists of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics for B.Tech
- And the 2nd paper consists of Mathematics, Aptitude Test and Drawing for B.Arch.
What are the 2 modes in which JEE Main exam will be conducted and the mode of examination?
The (B.E. /B. Tech.) of JEE Main will be conducted in 2 separate modes that is offline mode and Online (Computer Based Examination) mode.
And the next round is (B. Arch. /B. Planning) of JEE Main will be conducted only in Pen and Paper based examination mode.
I want to know about what has to be covered for JEE MAIN Exam 2018?
JEE Main syllabus contains two Sections - A and B.
First the Section - A
- Contains the Theory Part having 80% weightage
And the Section - B
- Contains Practical Components (Experimental Skills) having 20% weightage.
- And the JEE Main Syllabus contains important topics covered in class 11+12th.
- The syllabus of JEE Main 2018 provides the topic wise breakup of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics accordingly.
- The subjects related to JEE Main 2018 is provided with a detailed syllabus to help the students to prepare well.
Can I know the main topics which will come under section A in the JEE Main 2017 exam?
Here are the few main topics which can help you out
- Physics and Measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy and Power
- Rotational Motion
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices and
- Communication Systems etc.
Does the preparation for IIT JEE disturb the 12th studies of the candidate?
The syllabus of the IIT JEE also covers the syllabus for 12th and therefore the preparation for IIT JEE will not disturb the 12th studies.
Well-organized and well-coordinated effort for the IIT JEE will definitely help in the preparation for 12th as well.
Am a student from Singapore and I want to know whether I can write JEE main exam online or not?
Here is the information regarding this:
- In Singapore, Katmandu, and Colombo the JEE main exam will be only in the computer-based and the Paper based examination will not be applicable.
- other exam centers, paper-based and computer-based examinations both are applicable.
What are the rules to be followed on the exam day?
Here are the few rules to be followed in exam day
- The examination room will be opened 2.30 hours before the test.
- The candidate must bring along admit card of JEE Main 2018 when comes to exam hall.
- The aspirant should not bring any type of ball pen inside the exam hall.
- Applicants who are attending Paper 2 have to bring their own geometry box set, pencils, erasers, etc. for Aptitude Test
- Electronic devices like mobile phone and calculator are not allowed inside the exam hall.
JEE Main Admit Card
JEE Main Admit Card important dates, and online and offline mode for JEE Mains 2018?
- The authority may release the admit card in the 2nd week of March 2018.
- The main result of JEE Main 2018 will be declared on 30th April 2018
- Online and Offline Base Mode
- And for the online based mode it is on 15th & 16th April 2018
- The JEE Main exam will be conducted on 8th April 2018 on offline based mode
Can I know how to download the JEE Main Admit Card?
- Few steps to download the Admit Card:
- First you have to click on the official website link.
- A new page will be displayed on the screen.
- Later enter the required details such as Application Number, Date of Birth and Security Code.
- And after filling the details, click on the “Login” button.
- Later the admit card will appear on the screen.
- And the Download and take printout of it.
What are the important contains in JEE Main 2018 Admit Card?
Few important contains in JEE Main 2018 Admit Card are:
- Centre Number, Centre for examination
- Mobile number, Email ID
- Address, Candidate’s name
- Father’s name, Course
- Application Number, Date of Exam with timings
- Medium of the paper, Candidate’s gender
- PwD status, State of eligibility
- Category, Roll Number
If I have the Problem in Downloading JEE Main Admit Card 2018 due to miss match of name?
If the aspirants are not able to download their admit card of JEE Main 2018
- Because of problems related to discrepancy/mismatch in their name as compared with their board data,
- Then the correction facility is provided.
- By Using the correction facility the aspirants will be able to correct their name in the JEE Main 2018
- Later the aspirants will be able to download the JEE Main 2018 admit card after making the necessary corrections.
If I have forgot JEE Main 2018 Application Number or Password what to do?
Here are few Easy steps:
- First the candidates will have to open the JEE Main 2018 admit card page
- Next step Click on “I can’t access my account”
- Click on I forgot my Password.
- Next the verification code sent via text message (SMS) to the registered mobile number.
- You can reset by the available link sent via email to the registered email address
- Next the applicants will be directed to another page where they will have to fill the details as per the selected option.
JEE Main Results & Score Card
Results will be announced by CBSE on April 27th, 2018. Both Paper 1 & Paper 2 scores will be released for the candidates who have taken the entrance examination. Also, the level of qualification for JEE Advanced 2018 will be given along with the results.
The Score card will be available in the jeemain website and the candidates can download it by entering their valid Roll Number and Date of Birth given during the time of admission. Score card is available online only.
JEE Main Counselling & Admission
What are the Steps involved in JEE Main Counselling and Seat Allotment Procedure through JoSAA 2018 ?
Here are the few steps for the Counselling and Seat Allotment 2018
- Online Registration
- Online Choice Filling and Locking
- Seat Allotment
- Fee Payment & Seat Acceptance
- Document Verification at Help Centre
- Final Reporting to allotted Institute
What are the documents required for the seat allotment?
- Should get 3 passport size photographs the same as uploaded which is used during registration
- Provisional JoSAA seat allotment letter
- Photo identity card
- Proof of seat acceptance fee payment
- JEE Main 2018 Admit Card
- Date of birth proof
- JEE Main 2018 Score Card
- Class XII Mark sheet
- Category certificate if it is applicable.
Who can participate in this special round of CSAB 2018 counselling
- After the completion of the JoSAA 2018 counselling, (CSAB-2018), will conduct a special round of seat filling.
- The special round is mainly conducted for IIITs, NITs, and all other GFTIs
- The Aspirants who are eligible to participate in this special round of CSAB 2018 are:
- All the candidates who were eligible for JoSAA, according to JEE (Main) 2018 rank will be able to take part in CSAB
- Candidates who participated in JoSAA 2017 but got disqualified will not participate in the special round and the Aspirants who had not registered for JoSAA but are eligible for the rank secured in JEE Main 2018 will be able to take part in special round.
How to pay the seat acceptance fee for the allotted seats?
- First the Aspirants have to pay the seat acceptance fee for the allotted seats by SBI Net Banking/e-Challan.
- And for the provisional seat acceptance, they have to get all the documents verified at the reporting center.
- After the verification is done, the candidates will be issued a provisional admission letter.
JEE Main Participating Colleges
JEE Main participating colleges are the institutes which offer admissions to the candidates who have qualified JEE Main with expected scores and rank in JEE Main 2018. The participating colleges are listed as below:
- 31 National Institutes of Technology (NITs)
- 20 Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs)
- 9 Government Funded Technical Institutions (GFTIs).
The participating college list varies as CBSE releases the final list of colleges available for the seat allocation procedure conducted by JoSAA. States like Haryana, Nagaland, Uttarakhand, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh , Odisha and some private engineering colleges offer seats in their respective colleges based on JEE Main ranks / scores.
Expected JEE (Main) 2017 Cutoff Table for JEE (Advanced) 2017
List of JEE Main examination centres
The below mentioned is the JEE Main 2018 test city centers as per the list of JEE Main 2017 centers:
Andaman & Nicobar
Dadar & Nagar Haveli
Daman & Diu
Jammu & Kashmir
NTA to Reject Multiple Applications for JEE Main April 2019
Updated: February 21, 2019
The Engineering Entrance Examination: JEE Main is scheduled in the month of April 2019. The application form for the examination will be available through JEE Main official website from 8th of February 2019.
National Testing Academy (NTA) has alerted that the multiple registrations for the examination under any circumstances will be considered rejected by the board.
The examination board has notified strictly that the application forms received more than once will be rejected under any circumstances. The notice specified that the applications submitted by the students more than one time will be considered invalid without any prior notice or any further intimation. Thus the students are requested to fill the JEE Main Application Form only once.
While filling the JEE Main application form, candidates will have to pay attention towards the conformation page displayed post registration. Once the application form is filled and submitted, the next procedure will be fee payment. In case the fee payment is not processed the application from will be considered invalid. In such situation candidates are requested not to resubmit the application from and instead try to make the fee payment again.
The JEE Main Examination will be conducted twice a year from 2019 to provide multiple opportunities for the students to appear for the exam. The engineering entrance examination is scheduled to be conducted once in the month of January and 2nd time in the month of April every year.
Around 9 lakhs students attended the JEE Main entrance examination conducted in the month of January 2019. 15 students topped by secured 100 NTA score in January’s examination. The 2nd session examination will be held in April 2019 and the registration for the same can be commenced from 8th February to 8th April 2019.