Karnataka Engineering Colleges Entrance Test [COMEDK UGET]
COMEDK UGET happens to be a state level entrance test which is managed by COMEDK or the Consortium of Medical, Engineering, and Dental of Karnataka. The exam is conducted with an eye to conferring admission into different UG courses in the areas of engineering, dental and medical. From the year of 2017, the entrance test will be conducted for providing admission into Architecture and engineering courses. viz. B.Arch and B.Tech.
There are almost 187 participating institutes in the entrance examination which confer a sum total of 29 undergraduate UG courses. If you are willing to apply for the entrance test, you should fill the online Application form after registering online. It is a prerequisite that candidates should be fulfilling the eligibility criteria for appearing in the entrance test. Since it is not a must for the candidates to be a resident of Karnataka, students across the country are eligible for appearing for the exam.
After applying successfully for the entrance test, candidates can download the admit card after they are being released by the concerned authority. The entrance test is conducted in almost 151 cities across India. There are 60 multiple choice questions for each section in the question paper.
The results of the entrance exam will be announced on the web. The counselling for the entrance test will be a single window counselling which will accomplish in two rounds. Candidates need to attend the counselling in person. It is a must for every candidate to register for taking part in seat allotment procedure.
COMEDK UGET Exam Date
Entrance exam scheduled?
- COMEDK entrance examination is held on 13th of May i.e. on Sunday.
- COMEDK is conducted specially for the candidates who choose to pursue engineering/dental/medical course in Karnataka state.
When is the last day to enroll for and is it only for Karnataka candidates?
Candidates should enroll their names for exam on or before 1st week of April. Non-Karnataka students are also eligible to write entrances test and is a better one in terms of ease of getting admitted.
What is the mode of payment for entrance examination?
- Payment for entrance examination can be done through online mode and offline mode.
- Online mode through net banking/credit card/debit card.
- Offline mode through downloaded bank Challan, deposited at Axis Bank.
When is the commencement of results scheduled and how about counseling dates?
Results will be declared on last week of May 2019. The score card will be generated only for those candidates who successfully qualify for the counseling session.
The counseling starts from 2nd week of June 2019.
Which is the last day to submit test’s application form and the release of admit card?
- The last day to application form is 1st week of April 2019.
- During the first week of May 2019, the admission authorities will release the admit card.
- Candidates will have to download the admit card by submitting their User ID and password.
COMEDK UGET Eligibility criteria
What are the eligibility criteria to appear for are diploma candidates eligible?
The eligibility criteria to appear8:
- Candidates have to pass second PUC or 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- Candidates must pass the qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics & English as a compulsory subject.
- Candidates have to score minimum 45% aggregate marks.
- Diploma candidates are not eligible.
Is there any relaxation for SC/ST candidates?
- The eligibility criteria for the candidates for , from the weaker section of the society (SC/ST/OBC) remain the same apart from their aggregate in 10+2 examinations.
- The candidate has to secure a minimum of 40% in 10+2 in case of SC/ST/OBC candidates of Karnataka
What are the eligibility criteria for Architecture Course?
The eligibility criteria for Architecture Course are:
- Candidates have to clear 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- Candidates have to qualify the qualifying exam with Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- Candidates have to secure at least 50% marks in aggregate.
- Candidate from SC/ST/OBC category has relaxation of 45% in 10+2.
- Candidates have 10+3 Diploma recognized by Central/State Government can apply.
- Candidate should have a valid NATA Score Card.
What is the age limit to apply?
The candidate must be minimum 17 years of age and maximum 24 years of age to apply. The candidate has to be an Indian citizen to apply for the above examination.
COMEDK UGET Application Form & fees
What is the procedure to fill application form?
- The application form will be available in online mode.
- Candidate has to register with correct details and generated registration number has to be saved.
- Candidates will have to fill their valid personal, academic and contact information.
- Candidates will have to upload their photograph and signature and make the payment through online of offline mode.
- Candidates will have to select their preferred test center.
- The filled application form has to be submitted and the printout of the application has to be attended along with the official seal.
What is the application fee and the last date for registration?
- The application form has to be duly filled and submitted within 1st week of April. Unregistered candidates will not be allowed to participate in the entrance examination.
- Application fee is INR 1200/- which is non-refundable.
What is the mode of fee payment, any fee concession for SC/ST/OBC candidates?
- The fee can be paid through online mode i.e. net banking/credit card/debit card or offline mode i.e. downloaded bank challan can be submitted at any branch of Axis Bank.
- There will be no fee concession for SC/ST/OBC candidates in entrance exam 2019.
What are all the documents to be submitted by the candidates to register?
The mandatory documents to be submitted for registration are:
- Candidate Original ID proof
- Parents /Guardian’s Original ID proof
- Date of Birth Proof of Candidate (SSLC Certificate/Government document)
- 12th Standard or equivalent Marks Card
Online and offline applications date?
There is no offline application form . The application form will only be available in online mode which will be available tentatively from the second week of February to the third week of April.
COMEDK UGET Syllabus & Exam Pattern
What is the exam pattern?
- Language: English
- Marks for correct answer: 1
- Negative marking: None (In case of tie the candidate with fewer incorrect answer gets higher rank)
- Maximum Marks: 180
- Marks per subject: 60
- Duration of the exam: 3 hours
- Mode of Examination: Computer Based test
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice questions
- Total number of sections: 3 (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)
Can I Drop one year for COMEDK Preparation?
No, COMEDK Syllabus is based on 10+2 syllabus and the difficulty level of the question is less when compared to other entrance exams, hence you can prepare for the exam while preparing for the 12th Class exam.
What is importance of Mock Test? When will it be conducted?
Candidates can appear for Mock test from 3rd week of February.
Mock test will help the students to get candidates familiar with the pattern of the online exam as they can analyze their speed, efficiency and time management skills before appearing in the main exam.
What is the procedure to appear mock test?
- Candidate has to Sign in with login id and password.
- Candidates are supposed to read all the instructions given carefully.
- Choose default language from the dropdown available and check the declaration.
- Click on “I am ready to begin” tab
- The questions will appear on the screen. Select the questions and answer them.
- Choose or select anyone answer option, from 4 answer options provided.
What are the guidelines to be followed while giving mock test?
- Candidates are advised to take the mock test in order to rise their chances of clearing the entrance exam.
- Candidates are supposed to read all the instructions carefully before taking the mock test.
- Mock test will be conducted for Physics & Chemistry together and Mathematics separately.
- Then mock test will last only for 15 minutes duration.
- Candidates can also fill the feedback form once they are done with the test.
Can you suggest me preparation tips?
- Know & understand the exam pattern and syllabus.
- Practice previous years question paper and sample papers.
- Make proper notes of concepts and topics which regular revision.
- Provide enough time to each topic in all such that no topics will left unstudied.
- Choose the best reference books for exam preparation.
- At the end eat well and reduce anxiety by doing various exercises for short period of time in between the study hours.
Which are important topics of the syllabus?
The highlight of the syllabus is listed below:
|Units of Measurement
||Corelation & Regression
||Chemistry of Carbon Compounds
|Current & Electricity
||Matrices & Determinates
||Chemistry in Action
|Motion in one, two & three dimensions
||Transition of Metals
|Heat & Thermodynamics
||Three Dimensional Geometry
COMEDK UGET Admit Card
When the admit card for the candidates release and how can the candidates receive it?
Admit card for the COMEDK UGET students:
- The admit card will be released tentatively during the first week of May
- The registered candidates can download the admit card from online by submitting their User ID and password.
- Candidates need to keep COMEDK UGET admit card safe for counseling.
What if the admit card is not generated or if there is any error in the admit card?
If the admit card is not generated; the candidate has to report to COMEDK center. Candidate has to carefully check for the details mentioned in the admit card, if there is any errors the aspirants are supposed to report to the nearby COMEDK center before the date of examination.
What are the details mentioned on the COMEDK admit card?
The mandatory details mentioned on the admit card are:
- Test Admission Ticket number
- Candidate’s Name (as mentioned in the application form).
- Candidate’s address and contact details (as mentioned in the application form).
- Candidate’s photo (as given in the application form).
- Test center details
- Test Timings
- ID Proof Details
- Provision for Sticking Passport size photograph (box)
- General Instructions on TAT
Is admit card required at the exam center? Is there any other procedure to download the admit card?
The COMEDK UGET admits card has to be compulsorily taken to the examination center. Candidate has to carry his/her admit card without fail to the examination center, for counseling and also during the admission in college.
The admit card can only be downloaded through COMEDK official website, No other mode will be entertained to get the admit card.
How can I download COMEDK UGET admit card?
The detailed procedure to download admit card:
- Go to the official website of COMEDK Entrance exam.
- Enter user Id and password as asked.
- Check all the details mentioned over the admit card carefully.
- Download the admit card, if satisfied.
Take a print out of the same and keep it carefully till the admission process is over.
COMEDK UGET Results & Score Card
When key answer will be published?
COMEDK UGET key answer will tentatively be published during the 3rd week of May. The key answer consists of the correct responses to the questions asked in the entrance examination.
What is the use key answer and how can I access it?
- The key answer can be downloaded by the candidates by submitting their user id and password.
- The key answer helps students to calculate their probable score before the official result is announced and in case if they find any discrepancy the candidates can challenge it.
What should be done if the application is rejected?
- The application can be rejected due to certain criteria’s like mandatory documents not submitted, required information not provides or incorrect details provided.
- In such case if the application is rejected candidate should follow the guidelines laid down by COMEDK and can re-apply for the same before the last date. Aspirants are advised to keep a check on status of acceptance or rejection of application form.
What are the ways to check the result and when the results are announced?
Results will be announced tentatively in the fourth week of May.
Aspirants can check their results through COMEDK official website by using their registered email id and password. The results will be announced only in online mode along with their score card.
How can I challenge for provisional answer key?
- Candidates can challenge any answer if they think it is incorrect by filling the challenge form.
- Challenge form can be accessed by logging into website using their user ID and password.
- The challenge should be accompanied by supporting enclosures and a payment of INR 500/- for each question.
- The payment money will be refunded only if the clarification sought is upheld.
- Candidates can demand clarification tentatively until the third week of May.
- The academic committee will take the final call on whether to upheld or reject a clarification.
- The final answer key will be published tentatively in the last week of May post challenge verification.
COMEDK UGET Counselling & Admission
What are the documents required at the time of counseling?
The mandatory documents to be carried during the time of counseling are:
- 10th/SSLC Passing Certificate
- 12th/2nd PUC Mark sheet or Passing Certificate
- Photocopy of the filled Application Form
- Photo ID proof
- COMEDK UGET TAT Card 2019
- COMEDK UGET Rank Card 2019
- Demand Draft
- Category Certificate
- NATA Score Card (If Applicable)
Is admit card of the candidate necessary during the time of admission?
The admit card is a mandatory document that has to be carried during counseling as well as admission of the candidate along with the other documents.
What is counseling process, what does it consists of?
Counseling is a process that provides guidance for the aspirants related to academic maters. The counseling process consists of registration, choice filling, and allotment of seats in colleges, fee payment and document verification.
How can a candidate enroll for counseling?
- Candidate, who has qualified, can register online for counseling process.
- Candidate have to fill in their preferred courses and institutes for admissions.
- Mock allotment will be held by the admission committee
- Final seat allotment will be done based on the merit and preference of the candidates.
- Selected candidates will have to pay the fees online.
- Verification entry card will be generated after the payment.
- Admissions will be confirmed after the verification of documents.
Will the counseling be online?
No, for counseling process aspirants has to register online, but for counseling the candidate has to be physically present at the counseling center.
When is the slot booking?
The slot booking (choosing the preference of exam center city) will be available while filling the application form. It will be available from the second week of February to the third week of April.
Can I change the exam center after registration?
Candidates have to select the examination Center during the registration process itself, exam centers are allotted on the basis of First Come First Serve basis. Once the application form is submitted any kind of changes will not be entertained.
List of COMEDK UGET examination centres
The List of Test cities are listed below. The test cities are allotted to candidates on first come first serve basis, subject to availability:
JAMMU & KASHMIR
# 132, Second Floor, 11th Main, 17th Cross,
Malleswaram, Bangalore – 560 055
Ask & Answers
B. Arch New Eligibility criteria.
New eligibility criteria for architecture program. According to new criteria 50% marks required IN PCM and also overall in 10+2.
which all documents that are required to be uploaded in Application form?
Following Documents that has to be uploaded in Application form:
- The first step is that the candidate has to visit the official website and register themselves by filling the details.
- Filling up the Application form can be done via online mode only.
- Documents that have to be uploaded are: Scanned Passport size photograph and signature in the JPEG format.
- After Uploading, the candidates need to take out the print out of the filled Application form for the Future Reference.
In Exam Pattern, how many marks will be provided for per question and is there a negative marking?
- COMEDK UGET will comprise of 3 subjects: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- In Exam pattern, the question paper will have total questions of 180. From each subject, 60 questions will be asked.
- For each correct answer, 1 mark will be provided.
- Exam paper will contain MCQs and it will be conducted online i.e. Computer based test.
- There is no negative marking system.
I wanted to know the Syllabus for Mathematics subject?
Details on the Syllabus for Mathematics subject:
- The candidates need to be thorough with the Syllabus for Mathematics subject while doing preparation for the exam.
- Syllabus for Mathematics: Probability, Differential Calculus, Differential Equations, Differential Equations, Circles, Three Dimensional Geometry, Vector Algebra, Matrices and Determinants.
when will Mock Test be available?
Mock Test Availability:
- Mock test will be made available from 5th of February.
- The candidates need to visit the official website in order to avail the Mock test.
- Mock test will be similar to the Exam pattern.
- The candidates who have not registered for the exam, they can also use the Mock test.
For Btech program, what is the Eligibility criteria and what is the percentage criteria for PCM?
Eligibility criteria for Btech program
- Aspirants must have qualified their 12th examination (10+2 system) from a recognized board.
- Mandatory subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
- Percentage criteria: 45% marks aggregate (for SC/ST cadre, it is 40%).
- Aspirants who are attending for 12th examination can also apply as they also fulfill the Eligibility criteria.