Xavier Aptitude Test [XAT]
XAT is a national level entrance test conducted by Xavier Labour Relations Institute or XLRI on behalf of XAMI. This entrance test is conducted for screening candidates who are willing to seek admission to different management courses. The examination is conducted in almost 47 cities in India. The examination is also organised in Kathmandu and Dubai. XLRI has been organising this entrance test on all Indian levels for more than 60 years to choose the most appropriate courses for their management. The score is considered for admission by almost 150 Business Schools across the country.
XAT is conducted tentatively in January. The results are used for admission in PGDM and MBA. 11 well renowned XLRI institutes are LIBA Chennai, SFIMR Mumbai, Mount Carmel Institute of Management Bangalore, St. Aloysius Institute, XIM Bhubaneshwar, St. Joseph's College of Business Administration, XIM&E Bangalore, XIM Jabalpur, XIM&R Mumbai, XLRI Jamshedpur, XISS Ranchi. This year, almost 137 Business schools will accept the results of XAR for providing PGDM and MBA admissions.
XLRI will announce the official Cut off of XAT with the January results. The eligible candidates will be shortlisted for Group Discussion and Personal Interview based on cut off marks. You can check the cut off of XAT participating institutes on the official website of XLRI. The essay writing section and General knowledge score are not considered when calculating the cut off of shortlisting of candidates. However, they are taken into consideration during the final round of selection. There is a drop in the overall cutoff of HR this year.
The question paper for XAT comprises four sets of Question Paper. The time duration of the entrance test was 120 minutes.
XAT 2022 Exam Date
The XAT entrance test will be conducted on 8th January. Following are the important dates for XAT:
Commencement of application process
Wednesday, August 17
Last date of application
Wednesday, November 30
Last date of the late application
Sunday, December 11
XAT 2022 Eligibility criteria
It is mandatory to meet the eligibility norms set by XLRI for seeking admission into the participating institutes' management courses. Candidates who have not met the eligibility criteria will be disqualified at later stages during admission. The candidate should have a graduation degree or equivalent degree in any discipline.
XAT 2022 Application Form & fees
The online registration for XAT started in August and concluded in Nov. One application form is filled and submitted for appearing in the entrance examination and seeking admission in management courses offered by XAT associate colleges and XLRI. Students who have made the payment through Demand Draft and Cash need to update the registration form's payment details.
XAT 2022 Syllabus & Exam Pattern
Following the analysis of the previous year's papers, the examination topics include Data Interpretation, Quantitative Ability, General Knowledge, Decision Making and Analytical Reasoning, and Verbal Ability.
XAT is conducted primarily in paper mode. There are 2 main parts of the XAT entrance test. There are three main sections in Part 1: A, B, and C. Part 1 comprises 72 questions. On the other hand, Part 1 consists of 25 questions of General Knowledge and an essay. There is an allotment of 170 minutes for completing part 1 and 35 minutes for completing part 2.
XAT Syllabus consists of the following topics in each section:
Verbal & Logical Ability
Analogies or Reverse Analogies
Vocabulary Based (Synonyms Antonyms)
English Usage or Grammar
Fill in the blanks
Logical Completion of Idea
Verbal critical reasoning
Facts / Inferences / Judgments
Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
Mensuration – 2D and 3D
Speed & Distance
Heights & Distance
Direction Sense & Time
Data Interpretation – Table, Combination
Coding & Decoding
Nation and States
Current Affairs of National and International Economy
Science in the Everyday Life
social and economic events
XAT 2022 Admit Card
The organising body will release admit cards for candidates who have completed the application fee registration. Students can download the admit card from the official website of XAT. The admit card will consist of several examination details, including the name and roll number of the student, venue, date, and timing of the entrance test. Therefore, it is essential to carry the admit card on the date of examination.
Steps to access Admit Card:
- Login to XAT official website and click on the link ‘XAT Admit Card.’
- Candidates have to enter their XAT registration id and password and log in.
- XAT admit card will appear on the screen download and take a printout of the admit card.
Details mentioned on admit card:
- XAT registration id
- Centre registration number (CRN)
- Exam details
- Venue details
- Space for invigilator’s remark
- Exam day instructions
XAT 2022 Counselling & Admission
After the result's declaration, students will be invited to the counselling process following the XAT entrance test marks. The counselling for XAT will start after the declaration of the result. Counselling will be conducted via an online process.
Candidates will be shortlisted for XAT and XLRI participating colleges based on marks scored in the exam. In addition, candidates need to go through a Personal Interview, Group Discussion, and the last part of the selection process.
XAT 2022 Participating Colleges
Almost 150 business schools accept the XAT entrance test score apart from XAMI and XLRI associated institutes. Some of the participating institutes are
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration (Chennai)
- Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship(Bangalore)
- Mount Carmel Institute of Management (Bangalore)
- Xavier Institute of Management & Research (Mumbai)
- St. Joseph’s College of Business Administration(Bangalore)
- XLRI Xavier School of Management (Jamshedpur )
XLRI Jamshedpur has released the official notification regarding the last date's extension for the XAT 2021 registration process. So now fill up the XAT 2021 application form by 10th December 2020. Ensure it will be the final opportunity for the aspirants to submit the application form without late fees.
XAT 2021 application forms are available on the official web page (@xatonline.in). Hence, candidates can log on to the official portal and submit it online mode. Earlier, the registration process for XAT 2021 was supposed to be ended by 30th November 2020, but now the authority has been extended for 10 more days.
As per the schedule, XLRI will conduct the national level entrance exam XAT 2021 (Xavier Aptitude Test) on 3rd January 2021 via online mode, and it will be held in 71 cities in India. The XAT entrance exam is being conducted to provide admission to the management courses that the participating institutes across India offer.
Candidates who qualify for the entrance exam must participate in group discussion & personal interview rounds, which will be conducted tentatively in February & March 2021. The admission authority will declare the official dates for GD/PI after or before the declaration of the XAT 2021 result.
XAT 2021 admit card will be available from 20th December 2020 onwards. To avail of the XAT admit card, candidates who register successfully within a time frame can log on to their “candidate portal” and download the admit card by entering the log in authorizations.
How to fill up the application form for XAT 2021 online?
Step 1: Find the official web page of XLRI-XAT (@xatonline.in)
Step 2: Then, proceed to click on the link which states “XAT 2021 Register.”
Step 3: The registration window will pop up on the screen. Continue to enter the details, namely Email Id, Mobile Number and Password (choice), and other relevant details.
Step 4: After filling it up, click on the “Register” button. Then, “Verification Mail” will be sent for the candidate's registered Mail Id.
Step 5: Later, candidates will receive the login credentials, namely User ID & Password. By using these credentials, candidates need to sign up for the application form portal.
Step 6: Enter all the essential details on the application form page and upload the required documents according to the specified format.
Step 7: Then, proceed to pay the XAT 2021 Application fees, which cost INR 1750, and payment can be made through online mode (Net Banking / Credit Card/Debit Card)
Step 8: In the final step, take the printout of the duly-filled application form and keep it for further reference.
Xavier Aptitude Test [XAT] Practice tests and question papers help you in your entrance exam preparation.
The XAT online tests over here are designed in such a way to help you to evaluate yourselves, and at the same time, the XAT mock tests allow you to consider what you learnt to date.
All the XAT test papers are accessible here. You can also practice through complimentary MAT online mock tests and MAT sample Question papers by Year.
Ask & Answers
May I know the procedure to fill XAT Application form?
Steps to fill XAT Application Form:
- Aspirants must visit the official website of XAT and register themselves by filling in the complete details.
- XAT Application form has to be filled in via online mode.
- After the registration process, the candidates will be receiving their XAT ID and password at the time of registration.
- They need to log in and upload the latest Passport size photo and signature as per the prescribed one.
- After the XAT Application Process is completed, Aspirants need to keep a copy of the filled XAT Application form for future use.
I am in the final year of my graduate degree. Can I apply for the XAT exam? Provide me with the XAT Eligibility criteria?
Yes, Final year appearing candidates can apply for the XAT exam. But, first, let us go through the Details on XAT Eligibility criteria:
- Qualification criteria: The candidates must be qualified in their bachelor’s degree of a minimum of 3 years from a recognised university.
- Aspirants attending the final exams by June are also eligible to apply for the XAT exam.
- NRI and Foreign applicants can also apply for the XAT exam.
I want to know the details of the XAT Application form Fee?
Details on XAT Application Form Fee:
- After filling up the XAT Application Form, the candidates need to pay the Application form fee.
- XAT Application Form fee costs Rs 1600.
- If the candidates are willing to opt for XLRI programs, they must pay an extra amount of Rs 300 each.
- The payment has to be made via Debit/Credit card, net banking, or DD.
I am preparing for the XAT exam. Will I get some tips for XAT preparation?
Tips for XAT preparation:
- Aspirants need to do the XAT preparation in section wise.
- They need to build their Mathematical Skills, which will be helpful during the XAT exam.
- The candidates need to be firm with major areas such as General Awareness and Verbal Ability.
- The candidates are required to practice XAT question papers and mock tests.
- Stay calm is the basic mantra for XAT preparation.
How will the XAT Admission process is carried on?
Details on XAT Admission Process:
- XLRI and other Management participating colleges who have shortlisted the candidates are mainly based on their cutoffs.
- Through the online process, counselling will be held.
- In the XAT Admission process, the qualified candidates need to go through the Group Discussion followed by a Personal Interview.
- The final selection will be based on the candidate’s performance in the selection rounds.