Xavier Aptitude Test [XAT]
XAT is known to be a national level entrance test which is conducted by Xavier Labour Relations Institute or XLRI on behalf of XAMI. This entrance test is conducted for screening candidates who are willing to seek admission in different management courses. The examination is conducted in almost 47 cities in India. The examination is also organized in Kathmandu and Dubai. XLRI has been organizing this entrance test on all India level for more than 60 years for choosing the most appropriate courses for their management. The score is taken into consideration for admission by almost 150 Business Schools across the country.
XAT is conducted tentatively in the month of January. The results are used for admission in PGDM and MBA. 11 well renowned XLRI institutes are LIBA Chennai, SFIMR Mumbai, Mount Carmel Institute of Management Bangalore, St. Aloysius Institute, XIM Bhubaneshwar, St. Joseph's College of Business Administration, XIM&E Bangalore, XIM Jabalpur, XIM&R Mumbai, XLRI Jamshedpur, XISS Ranchi. In this year, almost 137 Business schools are going to accept the results of XAR for providing PGDM and MBA admissions.
XLRI will announce the official Cut off of XAT with the results on January. The eligible candidates will be shortlisted for Group Discussion and Personal Interview on the basis of cut off marks. You can check the cut off of XAT participating institutes on the official website of XLRI. The score of essay writing section and General knowledge are not taken into consideration at the time of calculating cut off of shortlisting of candidates. They are taken into consideration during the final round of selection. There is a drop in the overall cutoff of HR this year.
The question paper for XAT comprises of four sets of Question Paper. The time duration of the entrance test was 120 minutes.
XAT Exam Date
XAT entrance test will conduct on 6th January.
Following are the important dates for XAT:
Commencement of application process
Wednesday, August 20
Last date of application
Wednesday, November 30
Last date of late application
Sunday, December 11
Downloading of admit card
Tuesday, December 20
Sunday, January 6
Between 10 AM to 1PM
Official Answer Key
Second week of January
Last week of January
XAT Eligibility criteria
It is mandatory to meet the eligibility norms set by XLRI for seeking admission into the management courses offered by the participating institutes. Candidates who have not met the eligibility criteria will be disqualified at later stages during admission. The candidate should have a graduation degree or equivalent degree in any discipline.
There is no mentioning of any strict percentage in the graduation marks. The graduation degree must be at least 3 years. Candidates should have obtained the degree from a central or state recognized University or Institute. Students appearing in the final year of graduation degree are eligible to take the XAT entrance test. There is no age limitation for taking up this entrance examination.
- The candidate must be a graduate in any stream from a recognized university or institute. The applicant must hold the graduation degree of minimum 3 years.
- The applicant should be a citizen of India, only Indian National Candidates are eligible.
- Foreign and NRI applicants can also apply through GMAT excluding Dubai and Kathmandu candidates who are having options for appearing XAT. Candidates who are in final year of degree course are eligible to apply but should submit all the original documents before June 10.
Eligibility Criteria for XLRI Programmes:
HRM (Human Resource Management) :
In today’s world HRM is one of the most respected programme that trains the individual for future Human Resource Managers to build the organization in good shape. This management program focuses on interpersonal skills, employee relations and leadership skills. This includes areas like marketing, Finance, IT.
Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree of 3 years from recognized university. The candidates appearing for final year and can submit the final documents on or before 10TH June. Indian National candidates are eligible.
BM (Business Management)
The aspirants who are eagerly wants to a business leaders and expertise future managers can opt for this program. This enables to be a good decision maker and focuses in areas like Marketing, Production, Economics and Strategic Management Programmes.
Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree of 3 years from recognized university. The candidates appearing for final year and can submit the final documents on or before 10TH June. Indian National candidates are eligible. NRI candidates can apply except Dubai and Kathmandu students who are eligible to sit for XAT.
General Management Programme
This management programme focuses mainly in setting the skills and core competencies of Managers. In this exposure is given to the tools and techniques in management which increase the performances. This includes an AICTE recognized 3 months training based on field functional work.
Eligibility: Approved Bachelor’s degree of 3 years from a recognized university. In India or abroad having at least 5 years of managerial experience by 31st March.
Candidates can apply through GMAT Score given in between 1ST December and 20th December.
XAT Application Form & fees
The online registration for XAT start in August and concluded on Nov. Only one application form require being filed and submitted for appearing in the entrance examination and seeking admission in management courses offered by XAT associate colleges and XLRI. Students who have done payment through Demand Draft and Cash need to update the payment details in the registration form.
Applicants need to pay a nonrefundable application fee for submitting the application form. The application fee for the registration form is Rs. 1000. It is a non-refundable fee which can be paid with the use of internet banking, debit card and credit card. Fees can also be paid through demand draft and cash.
- The application form to be filled online for XAT. The official website is xatonline.net.in.
- The applicant should visit the website and register for a new account with the personal email id.
- In the mail id the applicant will receive the XAT ID and link for registration.
- The candidate should create a new password clicking on the link provided.
- The test city, applicant name, signature and photo to be uploaded.
- Need to mention the citizenship.
- If the applicant is interested for XLRI Speclizations can choose in between the three programmes, if not can avoid the page.
- Followed by the primary information’s to be filled (Date of birth, father’s name, mother’s name, address, phone number).
- Mail id and permanent address to be provided with all the educational qualification certificates from class 10th onwards.
- Work experience certificate details to be provided if any. If the candidate is applying for GMP should have 5 years of work experience.
- Payment Mode: 3 types:
- Online payment gateway (Through Visa/ Master/ Debit Card)
- Cash Payment (XAT pay slip print out to be taken and payment to be done in nearest IDBI Bank)
- Demand Draft (DD to be made in favor of ‘XLRI Jamshedpur A/C XAT’ from any bank payable at Jamshedpur)
- The candidates who are paying through DD and Cash must update the details of the payment in the registration page.
- Candidates only interested in XAT should pay the application fee of Rs.1600/-.
- Candidates looking forward in XLRI Program should pay Rs.300/- Extra.
- XAT Confirmation page to be printed.
- The confirmation page and Demand draft to be send to the following address:
- The Chairperson Admission, XLRI, Circuit House Area (East), Jamshedpur- 831001.
- Within 15 Days from the issue of the DD, the same must be send. If not through DD then the confirmation is not required.
APPLICANT THROUGH GMAT
- The candidates can also apply through GMAT score obtained in December 01, 2014 and December 20, 2016 for the XLRI Programme.
- NRI and Foreign applicants can apply for BM AND HRM Programmes through GMAT score.
- Indian candidates can apply for GM Programme.
- Following steps to be followed for the registration:
- Visit the website(acad.xlri.ac.in/ Gmat admission) and login. Fill the details GMAT ID, GMAT Score and GMAT Date.
- Personal details to be filled (Name, address, phone no. etc).
- Education qualification details from class 10th onwards.
- Work experience staring from the latest job updates. For GMP a candidate must have 5 years of work experience.
- Submit the registration form and the candidate will get GMT ID and password.
- Select between the 3 programmes. Please note, for Indian candidates only GMP is available.
- The application fee for NRI’S Rs.5000/-, for Indian candidates Rs.2500/-
- Mode of payment Online through (Visa, master – credit or Debit card) and DD (Demand draft).
- The candidates are required to upload their photos in jpg format.
- The confirmation page to be printed and kept for future purpose.
XAT Syllabus & Exam Pattern
The exam paper will have few sections such as:
- Quantitative Ability
- English Language & Logical Reasoning
- Decision Making
The students will be given an option of not attempting 13 questions. Except this any attempted question will have a negative marking of 0.05 marks. And for any incorrect answer negative mark is 0.25.
Please note: There is no negative marking in G.K and ESSAY
No. Of Questions
Verbal and Logical Ability
Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation
XAT Admit Card
The organizing body will release admit card for candidates who have completed registration of the application fees in a successful manner. Students can download the admit card from the official website of XAT. The admit card will consist of several examination details which include name and roll number of the student, venue, date and timing of the entrance test. It is essential to carry the admit card on the date of examination.
XAT Counselling & Admission
After the declaration of the result, students will be invited for the counseling process in accordance with the marks scored in XAT entrance test. The counseling for XAT will start after the declaration of the result. Counseling will be conducted via online process.
Candidates will be shortlisted for XAT and XLRI participating colleges on the basis of marks scored in the exam. Candidates need to go through Personal Interview, Group Discussion as the last part of the selection process.
XAT Participating Colleges
The colleges are as follows:
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration (Chennai)
- Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship(Bangalore)
- Mount Carmel Institute of Management (Bangalore)
- Xavier Institute of Management & Research (Mumbai)
- St. Joseph’s College of Business Administration(Bangalore)
- XLRI Xavier School of Management (Jamshedpur )
- Xavier Institute of Management ( Bhubaneswar)
- Alliance University, Alliance School of Business (Bangalore)
- Acharya Bangalore B-School((Bangalore)
- Acharya School of Management (Bangalore)
- Amrita School of Business (Coimbatore)
- Adarsh Institute of Management & Information Technology (AIMIT) (Bangalore)
- Asia Pacific Institute of Management (New Delhi)
- ISBR Business School (Bangalore)
- Jaipuria Institute of Management (Noida)
- Kejriwal Institute of Management & Development Studies (Ranchi)
- Management Education & Research Institute(New Delhi)
- M S Ramaiah Institute of Management (Bangalore)
- MATS Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship (Bangalore)
- Globsyn Business School (Kolkata )
- IFIM Business School (Bangalore)
- IBMR - Business Schools (Bangalore)
- International Institute of Business Studies(Bangalore)
- Institute of Management Technology(Nagpur)
- Management Education & Research Institute (New Delhi)
- Lovely Professional University(Phagwara)
List of XAT examination centres
Agartala, Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Amritsar, Bengaluru, Berhampur, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Coimbatore, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi, Goa, Greater Noida, Gurgaon (Gurugram), Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nasik, Noida, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Surat, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum, Udaipur, Vadodara, Varanasi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam.
THE Chairperson admission
XLRI ,C.H., Area(East) Jamshedpur-831001
Phone No: 91 657 665 3203/3204/3205
FAX: 91 657 2227814
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Xavier Aptitude Test [XAT] Practice tests and question papers help you in its entrance exam preparation.
The XAT online tests over here are designed in such a way to help you to evaluate yourselves and at the same time the XAT mock tests help you to evaluate what you learnt till date.
All the XAT test papers are free here. You can also practice through free XAT online mock tests and XAT sample Question papers by Year.
Ask & Answers
May I know the procedure to fill XAT Application form?
Steps to fill XAT Application Form:
- Aspirants are required to visit the official website of XAT and register themselves by filling the complete details.
- XAT Application form has to be filled via online mode.
- After the registration process, the candidates will be receiving their XAT ID and password at the time of registration.
- They need to login and must upload the latest Passport size photo and signature as per the prescribed one.
- After the XAT Application Process is completed, Aspirants need to keep the copy of filled XAT Application form for the future use.
I am in Final year of my graduation degree, can I apply for XAT exam? Provide me the XAT Eligibility criteria?
Yes, Final year appearing candidates can apply for the XAT exam. Let us go through the Details on XAT Eligibility criteria:
- Qualification criteria: The candidates must be qualified in their bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years from a recognized university.
- Aspirants who are attending the final exams by June are also eligible to apply for XAT exam.
- NRI and Foreign applicants can also apply for XAT exam.
I want to know the details of XAT Application form Fee?
Details on XAT Application Form Fee:
- After filling up the XAT Application Form, the candidates need to pay the Application form fee.
- XAT Application Form fee costs Rs 1600.
- If the candidates who are willing to opt for XLRI programs, then they must pay an extra amount of Rs 300 each.
- The payment has to be made via Debit/Credit card, net banking or DD.
I am preparing for XAT exam, Will I get some tips for XAT preparation?
Tips for XAT preparation:
- Aspirants need to do XAT preparation in section wise.
- They need to build their Mathematical Skills which will be helpful during the XAT exam.
- The candidates need to be strong with major sections such as General Awareness and Verbal Ability.
- The candidates are required to practice XAT question papers and mock tests.
- Stay calm is the basic mantra for XAT preparation.
how will the XAT Admission process is carried on?
Details on XAT Admission Process:
- XLRI and other Management participating colleges who have shortlisted the candidates is mainly based on their cutoffs.
- Through online process, the counselling will be held.
- In the XAT Admission process, the qualified candidates need to go through the Group Discussion followed by Personal Interview.
- Final selection will be based on the candidate’s performance in the selection rounds.