Xavier Aptitude Test [XAT]
XAT is known to be a national level entrance test which is conducted by Xavier Labour Relations Institute or XLRI on behalf of XAMI. This entrance test is conducted for screening candidates who are willing to seek admission in different management courses. The examination is conducted in almost 47 cities in India. The examination is also organized in Kathmandu and Dubai. XLRI has been organizing this entrance test on all India level for more than 60 years for choosing the most appropriate courses for their management. The score is taken into consideration for admission by almost 150 Business Schools across the country.
XAT is conducted tentatively in the month of January. The results are used for admission in PGDM and MBA. 11 well renowned XLRI institutes are LIBA Chennai, SFIMR Mumbai, Mount Carmel Institute of Management Bangalore, St. Aloysius Institute, XIM Bhubaneshwar, St. Joseph's College of Business Administration, XIM&E Bangalore, XIM Jabalpur, XIM&R Mumbai, XLRI Jamshedpur, XISS Ranchi. In this year, almost 137 Business schools are going to accept the results of XAR for providing PGDM and MBA admissions.
XLRI will announce the official Cut off of XAT with the results on January. The eligible candidates will be shortlisted for Group Discussion and Personal Interview on the basis of cut off marks. You can check the cut off of XAT participating institutes on the official website of XLRI. The score of essay writing section and General knowledge are not taken into consideration at the time of calculating cut off of shortlisting of candidates. They are taken into consideration during the final round of selection. There is a drop in the overall cutoff of HR this year.
The question paper for XAT comprises of four sets of Question Paper. The time duration of the entrance test was 120 minutes.
XAT 2021 Exam Date
XAT entrance test will conducted on 8th January. Following are the important dates for XAT:
Commencement of application process
Wednesday, August 17
Last date of application
Wednesday, November 30
Last date of late application
Sunday, December 11
XAT 2021 Eligibility criteria
It is mandatory to meet the eligibility norms set by XLRI for seeking admission into the management courses offered by the participating institutes. Candidates who have not met the eligibility criteria will be disqualified at later stages during admission. The candidate should have a graduation degree or equivalent degree in any discipline.
XAT 2021 Application Form & fees
The online registration for XAT started in August and conclud on Nov. Only one application form require being filed and submitted for appearing in the entrance examination and seeking admission in management courses offered by XAT associate colleges and XLRI. Students who have done payment through Demand Draft and Cash need to update the payment details in the registration form.
XAT 2021 Syllabus & Exam Pattern
In accordance with the analysis of previous years papers, the topics of the examination are inclusive of Data Interpretation, Quantitative Ability, General Knowledge, Decision Making and Analytical Reasoning and Verbal Ability.
XAT is conducted primarily in paper mode. There are 2 main parts of the XAT entrance test. There are three main sections in Part 1 which are A, B and C. Part 1 comprises of 72 questions. On the other hand, Part 1 consists of 25 questions of General Knowledge along with an essay. There is an allotment of 170 minutes for completing part 1 and 35 minutes for completing part 2.
XAT Syllabus consists of the following topics in each section:
Verbal & Logical Ability
Analogies or Reverse Analogies
Vocabulary Based (Synonyms Antonyms)
English Usage or Grammar
Fill in the blanks
Logical Completion of Idea
Verbal critical reasoning
Facts / Inferences / Judgments
Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
Mensuration – 2D and 3D
Speed & Distance
Heights & Distance
Direction Sense & Time
Data Interpretation – Table, Combination
Coding & Decoding
Nation and States
Current Affairs of National and International Economy
Science in the Everyday Life
social and economic events
XAT 2021 Admit Card
The organizing body will release admit card for candidates who have completed registration of the application fees in a successful manner. Students can download the admit card from the official website of XAT. The admit card will consist of several examination details which include name and roll number of the student, venue, date and timing of the entrance test. It is essential to carry the admit card on the date of examination.
Steps to access Admit Card:
- Login in to XAT official website and click on the link ‘XAT Admit Card’
- Candidates have to enter their XAT registration id and password and login.
- XAT admit card will appear on the screen download and take print out of the admit card.
Details mentioned on admit card:
- XAT registration id
- Centre registration number (CRN)
- Exam details
- Venue details
- Space for invigilator’s remark
- Exam day instructions
XAT 2021 Counselling & Admission
After the declaration of the result, students will be invited for the counseling process in accordance with the marks scored in XAT entrance test. The counseling for XAT will start after the declaration of the result. Counseling will be conducted via online process.
Candidates will be shortlisted for XAT and XLRI participating colleges on the basis of marks scored in the exam. Candidates need to go through Personal Interview, Group Discussion as the last part of the selection process.
XAT 2021 Participating Colleges
Almost 150 business schools accept the score of XAT entrance test apart from XAMI and XLRI associated institutes. Some of the participating institutes are
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration (Chennai)
- Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship(Bangalore)
- Mount Carmel Institute of Management (Bangalore)
- Xavier Institute of Management & Research (Mumbai)
- St. Joseph’s College of Business Administration(Bangalore)
- XLRI Xavier School of Management (Jamshedpur )
List of XAT 2021 examination centres
Agartala, Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Amritsar, Bengaluru, Berhampur, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Coimbatore, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi, Goa, Greater Noida, Gurgaon (Gurugram), Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nasik, Noida, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Surat, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum, Udaipur, Vadodara, Varanasi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam.
THE Chairperson admission
XLRI ,C.H., Area(East) Jamshedpur-831001
Phone No: 91 657 665 3203/3204/3205
FAX: 91 657 2227814
Email id: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Xavier Aptitude Test [XAT] Practice tests and question papers help you in its entrance exam preparation.
The XAT online tests over here are designed in such a way to help you to evaluate yourselves and at the same time the XAT mock tests help you to evaluate what you learnt till date.
All the XAT test papers are free here. You can also practice through free MAT online mock tests and MAT sample Question papers by Year.
Ask & Answers
May I know the procedure to fill XAT Application form?
Steps to fill XAT Application Form:
- Aspirants are required to visit the official website of XAT and register themselves by filling the complete details.
- XAT Application form has to be filled via online mode.
- After the registration process, the candidates will be receiving their XAT ID and password at the time of registration.
- They need to login and must upload the latest Passport size photo and signature as per the prescribed one.
- After the XAT Application Process is completed, Aspirants need to keep the copy of filled XAT Application form for the future use.
I am in Final year of my graduation degree, can I apply for XAT exam? Provide me the XAT Eligibility criteria?
Yes, Final year appearing candidates can apply for the XAT exam. Let us go through the Details on XAT Eligibility criteria:
- Qualification criteria: The candidates must be qualified in their bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years from a recognized university.
- Aspirants who are attending the final exams by June are also eligible to apply for XAT exam.
- NRI and Foreign applicants can also apply for XAT exam.
I want to know the details of XAT Application form Fee?
Details on XAT Application Form Fee:
- After filling up the XAT Application Form, the candidates need to pay the Application form fee.
- XAT Application Form fee costs Rs 1600.
- If the candidates who are willing to opt for XLRI programs, then they must pay an extra amount of Rs 300 each.
- The payment has to be made via Debit/Credit card, net banking or DD.
I am preparing for XAT exam, Will I get some tips for XAT preparation?
Tips for XAT preparation:
- Aspirants need to do XAT preparation in section wise.
- They need to build their Mathematical Skills which will be helpful during the XAT exam.
- The candidates need to be strong with major sections such as General Awareness and Verbal Ability.
- The candidates are required to practice XAT question papers and mock tests.
- Stay calm is the basic mantra for XAT preparation.
how will the XAT Admission process is carried on?
Details on XAT Admission Process:
- XLRI and other Management participating colleges who have shortlisted the candidates is mainly based on their cutoffs.
- Through online process, the counselling will be held.
- In the XAT Admission process, the qualified candidates need to go through the Group Discussion followed by Personal Interview.
- Final selection will be based on the candidate’s performance in the selection rounds.