The JEE entrance exam makes students eligible for admission into various engineering colleges. The JEE scores enable students to qualify for prestigious colleges like IITs, NIITs, etc. Henceforth, students willing to apply for the JEE main entrance test must register and fill out the application form for JEE Main 2023.
The JEE Main 2023 application form will most likely be available in December. Candidates from reserved categories such as EWS, SC, ST, OBC, and NCL will be required to upload a Category Certificate when filling out the application.
The JEE Main 2023 exam will be in four stages: February, March, April, and May. Candidates can register for all the phases. Thus, NTA has allowed the students to undertake all four sessions of JEE Main. Candidates must select four exam centers for preference when filling out the application.
Candidates must provide accurate information and personal details while paying the fee too. Candidates must ensure the JEE Main 2023 Eligibility Criteria before filling out the JEE Main 2023 application form. Candidates must first review the application method before filling out the form. For JEE Main, there is no printed application form. The mode of JEE Main application process is entirely online. Thus, applicants must visit the NTA's official website to apply for JEE Main Entrance Test. Each candidate is only allowed to submit one application form. If a candidate submits more than one application form, their candidature might get canceled.
Since the last two years, due to COVID-19 Crisis, there have been several notable changes in the JEE Main application process. These changes are listed below and need to be noted by applicants:
- The JEE Main Entrance exams will be held four times (presumably) to give the students a better chance at scoring a better rank. February, March, April, and May will be until further notice.
- All candidates will be provided with the flexibility to fill in the JEE Main application forms for any of these sessions at a time, or they can register after each session is completed. For the latter option, the applications will be accepted after the conclusion of each session.
- Submitting one's Aadhar card while filling out a form is no longer compulsory. Candidates can now apply using any government-approved identity proof.
- Also, the parent's signature is now not a requirement for filling JEE Main application form.
- There is no age limit for candidates applying for the JEE mains. Anyone who has passed their 12th-year exams in 2020 and 2021 and those appearing for their exams in 2023 can apply for the 2023 JEE main exams.
- The NTA has announced that any candidate facing difficulties with the JEE exam online application form filling or submission will be provided with adequate help by Common Service Centre.
- The center will help the candidates understand all procedures and guide them through the complete JEE Main 2023 application procedure. The NTA has set up around a lakh service centres all over India to provide candidates with all the help they need.
- However, candidates will need to pay a small amount to avail the help and guidance of CSC. The amounts range from Rs. 5- Rs. 25 (plus 18% GST), depending on the service availed.
Candidates must submit the JEE Main application before the deadline. Else, candidates should face the consequences. For General/Gen-EWS/ OBC boys applying for a single paper, the JEE Main 2023 Registration Fee is INR 650/-. There is a 50% discount for ladies and SC/ST/PwD/Transgender people, who must pay INR 325 for a single paper. Before the JEE Main Registration starts, it is recommended that you read the specifications for document uploading.
JEE Main 2023 Application form Details
Mode of JEE Main Application Process
Exam Conducting Body
JEE Main 2023 Official website
JEE Main 2023 Exam Dates
February session - February 2023
March session - March 2023
April session - April 2023
May session - May 2023
JEE 2023 Application fees
Here is a step-by-step of how to fill out the application form for JEE Main 2023:
- Visit the official NTA JEE Main website at jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- Fill out the 2023 JEE registration form with your name, phone number, and email address.
- Only after the successful registration will you access the JEE Main 2023 application form.
- Fill up the JEE Main application form properly, including your personal and educational information.
- Upload the scanned images of the photograph and signature.
- The application fee for JEE must be paid.
- The confirmation page can be downloaded as a receipt at the end.
While applying, you should also keep a few documents handy with you. Keep a digitally scanned copy of your photograph, signature, category certificates (If the candidate belongs to any reserved category), details for paying the JEE Main registration fee in 2023 using a debit card or Internet banking, and details of Aadhaar card, bank passbook, Ration card copy, and other photo identification documents are acceptable.
How to fill JEE Main 2023 Application Form?
Students can get step-by-step guidance to complete the IIT JEE Main application form in 2023. To prevent mistakes, students are encouraged to get assistance from their parents or guardians before filling out the JEE Main 2023 application form. Candidates must also apply before the application deadline for JEE Main 2023. It is highly recommended that each student read the guidelines and follow the instructions carefully. It will ensure you do not waste precious time making mistakes and correcting them repeatedly. Being efficient with time very important for an aspirant.
Step 1: Register for IIT JEE Mains 2023.
It is the initial step in completing the application form for JEE Mains.
- Name, email address, mobile phone number, photo identity detail, parents' names, communication address, date of birth, and gender are all required fields.
- At JEE Main Registration 2023, candidates must submit a valid and working email address and a mobile phone number.
- When filling out the JEE Main registration form 2023, candidates must also generate a password of their choice. This password will be used for all future logins, including making adjustments, downloading the JEE Main admit card, and seeing the JEE Main results, among other things.
- Candidates must click the submit button after completing all essential information and generating a password to finish the NTA JEE registration. Students will get messages/notifications containing their registration number and password to their mobile phone number and email address.
Step 2: Filling out the NTA JEE Main Application Form
- After completing the JEE registration, students can continue filling out the comprehensive application form.
- This is the second step of the process. To log in, candidates must use the registration number and password they received via email or text message.
- The candidates must enter information about their country, state of residence, category, medium of study in classes 11 and 12, medical conditions, and language preference for JEE Main question papers.
- Students must also provide information on the paper they will be taking, whether Paper 1 or Paper 2 or both and their preference for one of four JEE Main exam centers.
- Finally, students must input information regarding their grades in grades 10 and 12. Students who will take their class 12 exam in 2023 need to input their class 10 information.
- To finish, click the submit button after you've filled out all the information in the form.
Step 3: Scanned Image Upload in JEE Main Form 2023
In the next step, candidates must attach a scanned image of their passport-size colorful photograph and signature. Students. The size and file format of photographs should precisely follow the requirements provided by NTA.
Step 4: Paying the IIT JEE 2023 Fee
- This is the final step in the application process for JEE Main 2023. Applicants will be taken to the payment page after completing the JEE registration, filling out the form, and submitting photos.
- The applicable JEE Main 2023 application fee will be displayed based on the candidate's gender and category.
- The application cost must be paid using a credit/debit card or online net banking.
- To finish the payment, students must input payment mode information.
- The candidates will receive the notification of successful payment of the JEE Main 2023 application costs on their registered mobile number.
- The JEE Main application form 2023 is complete after the fee is paid.
The whole JEE Main registration process can be confusing to some people. However, with the help of the step-by-step instructions provided here and NTA-provided resources, the process should be easier. Each aspirant must register before the due date, so their hard work does not go down the drain.
Problems with filling out the JEE Main Application Form 2023:
While filling out the application forms for JEE Main, the students may have some issues. These issues could be image uploading, payment, or the information needed to complete the IIT JEE application form. Students can find simple solutions to some of the typical issues below.
- Many students encounter this most prevalent issue while filling out the JEE Main 2023 application form.
- This is because their photographs for uploading do not meet the NTA's requirements.
- The problem can be easily solved by resizing the image according to the parameters.
- There are numerous online programs for resizing images, or you can get the image resized at any internet café.
- As a result, before filling out the JEE Main application form, keep scanned photos of papers in the appropriate format and size.
Application Fee Payment:
- While online payment is safe and simple, students may encounter money being withdrawn from their accounts while processing the application fee.
- In exceptional circumstances, an additional sum may be deducted from the account.
- The NTA has set up a helpline where students can call and ask questions about the JEE Main application form to address these issues.
Q1. Do I have to upload a scanned copy of my birth certificate with my JEE Main exam application?
Ans. Because your class 10 certificate will serve as verification of your date of birth, you will not need to send a scanned copy of your birth certificate while submitting your JEE Main online application form.
Q2. Will I make changes in JEE Main application form's category section?
Ans. Unfortunately, once a category has been filled out in the application form, it is impossible to edit or modify it while the correction window is open. Other factors, such as name, paper, address, date of birth, contact number, photo, signature, and exam center selection, can be corrected by paying an extra charge.
Q3. When does the JEE Main 2023 application process for the February session begin?
Ans. The application process for JEE Main 2023 is likely to start in December.
Q4. Will I receive an email confirmation once I've registered for the exam?
Ans. An acknowledgment page will appear after you have completed the JEE Main 2023 registration procedure, which you can save or print for future reference. NTA will not send any confirmation mail to a candidate individually.
Q5. What are the JEE Main 2023 application fees?
Ans. JEE Main 2023 application fees vary for Male, Females, and Different Categories. Male candidates of General/OBC have to pay INR 650. While Female/Reserved Categories have to pay INR 350/- and NRI students have to pay INR 3000/-
Q6. Is it possible to apply for the exam if I have a two-year gap?
Ans. You are eligible for JEE Mains if the year in which you passed class 12th was less than two years before the year in which you wish to take the test.
Q7. Is it necessary to take a thumb impression when filling out the JEE Main Application Form 2023?
Ans. No, uploading a scanned copy of your thumb impression for JEE Main registration 2023 is not required.
Q8. I am from J&K and received 72 percent in class 12 last year. Is it possible for me to take the JEE Mains exam?
Ans. You are eligible to apply for JEE Main 2023 based on the JEE Main 2023 eligibility requirements.
Q9. Is the Aadhar Card being compulsory for Indian Origins?
Ans. NTA now allows students to register for JEE Main using ID proofs such as Ration Card Number, Bank Account, or any other valid Government ID Proofs.
Q10. I have completed my studies at NIOS. Am I able to fill out the form JEE Main 2023?
Ans, Yes, Such candidates must enter the address of the study centre in the place of school details.