VITEEE Exam: 2019 Application, Eligibility, Syllabus & Pattern
VITEEE or VIT Engineering Entrance Examination happens to be all India level entrance test which is conducted by the VIT university. VIT university is one of the well-renowned institutes that impart different Under Graduate, Doctorate, Post Graduate and Diploma Courses. The tentative dates for the examination are 5th to 16th April 2018. The entrance test offers admission to different undergraduate engineering programs at the two campuses of Vellore and Chennai. Almost two lakhs students appear for admission in this examination every year. The entrance test provides admission to only 5,000 students. Candidates can get the application form in offline as well as online mode from 9th November 2016.
Candidates who have appeared for Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry and English have the eligibility for different BTech Engineering courses. If candidates are willing to pursue their career in Bios-stream Engineering courses, they should appear for PCBE. There is no negative marking in the entrance test of VITEE. The entrance test is conducted in almost 118 cities of the country.
It is mandatory to fulfill the eligibility criteria before applying for the entrance test with an eye to avoiding confusion later on. Application of Candidates who have failed to meet the eligibility criteria is liable to be rejected by the VIT Authority.
The question paper of this entrance examination will be multiple choice questions. A total number of questions in the entrance test will be 125. There will be 5 questions from English and 120 questions from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. The question paper will be in English language only. The examination will be commenced in April month in the year 2018 in three different sessions. The cut off for the VITEE Entrance examination will be dependent on various factors like a number of students appearing for VITEE, the number of received application forms, average performance conferred by students.
VITEEE Exam Date
The VITEEE exam 2018 has been scheduled to be held between 5th and 16th April 2018. Candidates should book the slot for the computerized test by the 3rd week of March 2017.
Start of Availability of Application Forms
November 2017 (Last week)
End of Application Forms Availability
March 2018 (Second - Third week)
Slot-Booking (for Computer-based Test)
March 2018 (Third week)
Issue of Admit Card
March 2018 (Third week)
Commencement of Exam
April 2018 (Second week)
Declaration of Results
April 2018 (Last week)
Phase I Counselling
May 2018 (Second – Third week)
VITEEE Eligibility criteria
VITEEE 2018 Applications has already started where Non-resident as well as resident citizens of India are eligible for appearing in this entrance test. Beforehand, Candidates who are attending VITEEE 2018 are required to book the exam slots. It is mandatory for all the aspirants to fulfill the VITEEE 2018 eligibility criteria in order to appear for the exam.
Let us go through the Complete Details of VITEEE 2018 Eligibility criteria for the admissions to VIT University:
- One must have qualified 12th class examination (i.e., 10+2 system) or equivalent from a recognized University.
- Compulsory subjects: Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics/Biology
- Percentage Criteria: One must have 60% marks (for SC/ST & North Eastern candidates, it is 50%).
- Candidates who are appearing for final Examination in 2018 are also eligible to apply for VITEEE 2018.
- The one who have studied in regular, full-time & formal education is alone eligible to apply.
Age Criteria for VITEEE 2018
One must be born on or after 1st July 1996.
VITEEE 2018 Cutoff for Counselling
VITEEE 2018 cutoff keeps on changing every year but according to the statistics, VITEEE 2018 eligibility for first round counselling ends at 20,000.
VITEEE Application Form & fees
Application for the VITEEE test can be filled online as well as offline. Aspirants can avail the application form at various post offices, as mentioned in the official website of the university, on payment of the requisite amount. The online application form has been made available on the official website if the VIT university.
The application process has started from 9th November 2017 and the last date to submit the application form will be 28th February 2018. Applicants filling the application form online can pay the application fees through internet banking, Debit & credit card, or in form of DD.
- Online application form – Rs. 960/-
- Offline application form – Rs. 990/-
Online Applications :
- Have to visit the official website and download the application form.
- Candidates have to submit the fee via DD or Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card.
- DD should be drawn favouring VIT UNIVERSITY and must be payable at Vellore.
- Fee for Online Applicants: Rs.960/-.
- If you are submitting the form ONLINE and using DD for fee submission, you have to send the HARD COPY of form at:
- “Director – UG Admissions”,
- VIT University, Vellore – 632 014.
- Offline Applications:
- Candidates are supposed to visit the exam post office in their particular state for the purchase of Application form of VITEEE 2018 along with the Exam brochure. Offline form will be available against a CASH PAYMENT of Rs.990.
IN – PERSON Purchase (Subject to the official notification):
Forms can be availed IN PERSON from:
Anna Nagar Office, New No. 6, (Old No. W – 73), Second Street, Anna Nagar, Chennai.
VIT University, Vellore Campus
VIT University, Chennai Campus
VIA POST Availability (Subject to the official notification):
- You can obtain the VIT University 2018 Test application via Post too.
- Mail a DD of Rs.990/- with a cover letter addressed to “Director – UG Admissions” to University.
- Mention your complete postal address too.
- The form will be sent via Post along with ALL the enclosures.
- DO NOT forget to mention your Name, Mobile Number and Address on the Back Side of the DD.
VITEEE Syllabus & Exam Pattern
The syllabus for the VIT entrance examination covers different topics of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics/Biology, corresponding to the higher secondary examination standard.
This is a computer based test and candidates will require answering 125 multiple choice questions from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Mathematics within a span of 150 minutes. Each question shall carry one month. There is no provision of negative marking for wrong answers. The question paper has got 3 section of 40 marks each for Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology and a 5-mark section for English.
All the questions will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) PCM - Total 125 questions
- 120 questions (Each 40 questions) , English 5 questions,PCB - Total 125 questions
- No Negative marks for wrong answers
- Candidate appearing in PCM is eligible for all the 18 B.Tech. Engineering programmes
- Candidates appearing in PCB is eligible for only 3 B.Tech. Bio-stream Engineering programmes.
Topics given below:
Physics section :- Electrostatics, Laws of Motion, Current Electricity, Optics, Nuclear Physics, Atomic Physics, Magnetic Effects of Electric Current, etc.
Chemistry :- Atomic Structure, Electrochemistry, Organic Nitrogen Compounds, Alcohols & Ethers, Isomerism in Organic Compounds, Carbonyl Compounds, etc.
English :- Grammar, Unseen Passage & Comprehension, Vocabulary, etc.
Mathematics :- Matrices & Determinants, Vector Algebra, Differential Calculus, Analytical Geometry of Two & Three Dimensions, Integral Calculus, Probability, etc.
Biology :- Cell & Molecular Biology, Genetics & Evolution, Reproduction, Human Physiology, Plant Physiology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Biodiversity, Environment, etc.
VITEEE Admit Card
Once the candidate books for the test, they would be able to download the VITEEE e-admit card. Students can download the admit card from the official website of the University after which they can take a printout of the same.
A copy of the admit card will be sent to the registered email ID of the candidate. Candidates will require providing their application form number as well as the password for online test booking to download the admit card. Alternatively, candidates can avail the admit card through email. Candidates should bring a proof of their identity and the admit card while appearing at the examination.
VITEEE Results & Score Card
The result for the VITEEE Exam 2018 is scheduled to be published on or before the 24th of April 2018. Students will get SMS intimation about their ranking.
Alternatively, they can refer to the website of the university to check the results. The university will be designing the merit list in accordance with the ranking in the entrance test.
VITEEE Counselling & Admission
The counselling for VITEE 2018 will be commenced tentatively in the 1st or second week of May. The counselling will be held in two different sessions, phase-I and phase-II.
All the candidates who have qualified for the entrance test are eligible for attending the counselling session. The counselling for allocating branches to shortlisted candidates will be in accordance with the All India rank of the student. After the declaration of the results, a new merit result will be prepared.
The admission process will be accomplished through single window admission system for different B.Tech courses provided in the various campuses of VIT University. The counselling will be done in Chennai and Vellore campuses of VIT University.
Shortlisted candidates require staying in person at the preferred campus of Chennai and Vellore. The total number of seats remaining left and seats allocated in the specific branch are displayed at the counselling centers so that the candidate can choose their preferred institute without any hassles.
VITEEE Participating Colleges
The VITEE entrance examination confers admission in various undergraduate engineering courses at the campuses of Chennai and Vellore. Hence the only participating colleges in the counselling of VITEE 2018 are these VIT institutes at Vellore and Chennai.
List of VITEEE examination centres
List of test cities of VITEEE ( VIT University Engineering Entrance Examination ) :-
Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Ask & Answers
I have made some mistakes in VITEEE Application form, so is there any possibility of editing the VITEEE Application form?
Yes, there is a possibility of making corrections for the selection fields in VITEEE Application form at the time of VITEEE Application form correction.
- Aspirants who have registered via online mode, they will be having the option of editing the VITEEE Application form.
- One must login into the official website to make any sought of corrections.
- After login, there will be option of ‘EDIT’ where the candidates need to click on it.
- Then the candidates can make the required changes in Application form.
I will be going to apply for VITEEE, So How much would be the VITEEE Application form fee for NRI candidates?
Details on VITEEE Application form fee:
- VITEEE Application form fee for NRI candidates costs USD 50.
- NRI candidates who are going to apply via offline mode, they have to send the enclosed hard copy of VITEEE Application form along with the Demand Draft or the Transfer copy of NEFT.
- The candidate has to submit it to the office.
- NRI applicant can also submit the VITEEE Application form via online mode.
Is there an option of changing my VIT University Vellore campus to VIT University Chennai campus?
The candidates will be getting allotment at the time of VITEEE Counselling process.
- Admission and Selection of the candidates at VIT University campuses will be done via single window for counselling.
- Seat allotment to the various VIT University campuses will be done on the basis of candidates rank, selection of program and seats availability.
- Once the allotment of branch cum campus gets done , then it cannot be changed.
I have qualified my 12th exam with the aggregate of 65%, So Will I fulfill the VITEEE Eligibility criteria in order to get admission to VIT University, Vellore?
Details of VITEEE Eligibility criteria:
- Yes, you will be eligible for getting admission to VIT University, Vellore and you can easily apply for VITEEE exam.
- Qualification criteria: Aspirants should have passed the 12th examination.
- Percentage criteria: 60% aggregate marks in PCM/B and For SC/ST & North Eastern state candidates, it is 50%).
- Appearing candidates can also apply for VITEEE exam.
I have applied for VITEEE, so can I give the exam in offline mode?
- VITEEE exam has to be given in online mode itself i.e. Computer Based Test as there is no such option of offline mode.
- The questions will be asked of Multiple Choice questions, 4 options will be given.
- The candidates have to mark only one answer among the options shown on the screen.
I want to know VITEEE Syllabus for English subject?
VITEEE Syllabus for English subject
- English section in VITEEE Exam pattern has totally 5 questions.
- 1 Mark will be provided for each right answer.
- There will be no such negative marking system.
- Aspirants need to read the questions and passages carefully.
- The questions will be asked depending on the level of the exam.
- Reading Comprehension i.e. 30-50 words.
- Grammar and Pronunciation will be asked.
These above mentioned topics are the important ones in VITEEE Syllabus for English subject.
I have forgotten my VITEEE Application number, so how I retrieve it?
- The candidates need to visit the official website at the first step.
- There will be link given as “Forgot Application no.?” where the candidates need to click on it.
- Then the candidates have to enter their Name and Date of Birth.
- Then they have to enter email Id which has been registered and mobile number.
- Then the security code will be displayed on the screen.
- Then the candidate needs to click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Then the candidate’s VITEEE Application number will be displayed.
I want to know where all the VITEEE exam centers are located in Abroad?
- VITEEE Exam centers which are located in Abroad are Dubai, Kuwait and Muscat.
- There are totally 119 centers in different cities in India where the VITEEE Exam will be scheduled.
- At the time of VITEEE Slot Booking, the candidates can choose their VITEEE exam centre.
- In this online VITEEE Slot booking process, the candidate has to select the state as well as test city.
Is there any option that I can make the submission of VITEEE Application form through offline mode?
- The candidates can submit the VITEEE Application form either in online or offline mode.
- If the candidate prefers to fill VITEEE Application form via offline, then the candidate can obtain the application forms at various post offices.
- Then after filling the application form, the candidate have to enclose their filled application form with DD and have to send it to the University address via Speed post or registered post.
- They can send to Admission Officer, VIT University, Vellore.
On what basis VITEEE Cutoff will be decided?
VITEEE Cutoff will be decided on various factors such as:
- One of the factors is the Number of Received VITEEE Application form.
- Seats availability in the VIT campuses is also one criterion for VITEEE Cutoff.
- The performance of the candidates in the exam and the level of the difficulty of the exam.
- The VIT campuses Vellore and Chennai will release their VITEEE cutoffs separately.
In VITEEE exam, which book should I refer for VITEEE Preparation for Physics section?
For VITEEE preparation for Physics section, there are various important books which will be helpful for the students for the VITEEE preparation. 40 questions will be asked in Physics section in VITEEE Exam pattern.
Books recommended for VITEEE Preparation for Physics section:
- DC Pandey’s- Arihant Series
- HC Verma’s - Concepts of Physics (both volumes)
- D Mukherjee’s - MCQ Question Bank
May I know, how shall I download VITEEE Admit card?
Step by step process to download VITEEE Admit card:
- The candidates need to visit the official website in order to download VITEEE Admit card.
- There will be link given for the VITEEE Admit card in the login page.
- The candidates can download VITEEE Admit card only after they book the slot for VITEEE exam.
- The candidates need to enter their VITEEE Application number, online test booking password.
- The password for online test booking will be sent in registered email id.
- Then they have to login and book the respective slot.
- Then the VITEEE Admit card will be displayed on the screen.
what all documents that have to be carried apart from VITEEE Admit card to the exam centre?
Details on VITEEE Admit card:
- Aspirants have to take any one of the following documents as ID proof in the VITEEE Examination center apart from VITEEE Admit card.
- Documents to be taken apart from VITEEE Admit card are Aadhaar Card/ PAN Card/ Passport/ Voter ID/Driving license.
- Government ID proof can also be considered.
- Disable candidates have to get their disability certificate and also VITEEE admit card.
- VITEEE Admit card is very important for appearing to VITEEE exam.
As I am appearing for the VITEEE examination, I want to know the VITEEE Exam Pattern for Chemistry section?
Details on VITEEE Exam Pattern for Chemistry section:
- VITEEE Chemistry section will have total of 40 questions.
- 1 mark will be provided for every correct answer.
- There will be no negative marking scheme for Chemistry subject.
- Major questions will be asked from topic named electro-chemistry.
- Let us go through the VITEEE Chemistry section topics which hold maximum weightage:
- Atomic Structure which carries 4 marks.
- Co-ordination chemistry & Solid state chemistry which carries 4 marks.
- Alcohols & ether carries 4 marks.
- Thermodynamics, Chemical equilibrium & Kinetics carry 4 marks.
- P, d and Block Elements also carries 4 marks.
I belong to SC cadre, how much percentage is required for applying to VITEEE exam as per VITEEE Eligibility criteria?
Details on VITEEE Eligibility criteria:
- For SC candidates, they have to qualify the 12th class examination (10+2 system) from the recognized board.
- The percentage criterion for the SC candidates is 50% aggregate marks as per VITEEE Eligibility criteria.
- The compulsory subjects are Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology.
- The candidates who are going to appear for their 12th examination can also apply for VITEEE exam.
What are the Documents to be carried to the VITEEE 2018 Exam Centre?
Candidates need to carry any one of the documents that are mentioned below:
- Aadhaar Card
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
- Driving license with photograph
- Any other government identity proof
- And for those Aspirants who belong to the Physically Challenged category, they must carry with themselves the disability certificate.
May I know, if I do not have mathematics as a compulsory subject. Will I be eligible for the VITEEE 2018 exam?
- One should have Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
- If the applicant who doesn’t have mathematics as a Compulsory subject. They will not be eligible for appearing to VITEEE 2018 exam for the admissions to VIT University.
I wanted to know the VITEEE Eligibility criteria for Btech program?
VITEEE Eligibility criteria for Btech program:
- One must be qualified in 12th class examination (i.e., 10+2 system) from a recognized board.
- Compulsory subjects: Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics/Biology put together.
- Percentage criteria: 60% marks aggregate (for SC/ST & North Eastern aspirants, it is 50% marks)
- Candidates who are attending the 12th final Examination in the year 2018 can also apply for VITEEE 2018.
- Aspirants who have studied in regular, full-time & formal education are eligible to apply.
I wanted to know the expected VITEEE cutoff for the year 2018?
Expected VITEEE cutoff 2018:
- VITEEE cutoff depends on the various factors such as the Total number of applicants who have appeared for VITEEE 2018 exam, the difficulty level of the exam. Given below is the expected VITEEE cutoff 2018
- VITEEE 2018 Marks obtained is 118+ and expected Rank range lies from 250-1.
- VITEEE 2018 Marks obtained is 111 – 118 and expected Rank range lies from 500 – 250.
- VITEEE 2018 Marks obtained is 91 – 111 and expected Rank range lies from 2500 – 501.
- VITEEE 2018 Marks obtained is 80 – 91and expected Rank range lies from
- 5000 – 2501.
May I know, How to check VITEEE Results?
VITEEE Results can be checked by the following process:
- The candidates need to visit the official website in order to go to the VITEEE Result page.
- The candidates need to fill the VITEEE Application number and the password in order to login.
- The candidates can click on the submit button and can check the VITEEE Results which will be displayed on the screen.
I wanted to know the number of Questions allotted for PCM in VITEEE Exam Pattern?
In VITEEE Exam Pattern, there will be total questions of 125 which are divided among Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics Biology & English subjects.
- For Physics subject it is 40 questions, For Chemistry subject it is 40 questions, for Mathematics/Biology subject it is 40 questions.
- For each correct response, 1 mark will be allotted in the VITEEE Exam pattern.
- There will be no process of negative marking system.
- The questions will be of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
During VITEEE Counselling process, what are the Important Documents the candidates need to bring?
Documents which are required during VITEEE Counselling process:
- One must get the most Recent 4 Passport size color photographs.
- The candidate must get 12th class Hall ticket Photo copy.
- 12th class Mark sheets is required.
- One must get the VITEEE Admit Card during the VITEEE Counselling process.
- SC/ST category certificates are important for the reserved cadre candidates.
- Transfer certificate is must during the VITEEE Counselling process.