Vellore Institute Of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination [VITEEE]
VITEEE or VIT Engineering Entrance Examination happens to be all India level entrance test which is conducted by the VIT university. VIT university is one of the well-renowned institutes that impart different Under Graduate, Doctorate, Post Graduate and Diploma Courses. The tentative dates for the examination are 5th to 16th April 2018. The entrance test offers admission to different undergraduate engineering programs at the two campuses of Vellore and Chennai. Almost two lakhs students appear for admission in this examination every year. The entrance test provides admission to only 5,000 students. Candidates can get the application form in offline as well as online mode from 9th November 2016.
Candidates who have appeared for Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry and English have the eligibility for different BTech Engineering courses. If candidates are willing to pursue their career in Bios-stream Engineering courses, they should appear for PCBE. There is no negative marking in the entrance test of VITEE. The entrance test is conducted in almost 118 cities of the country.
It is mandatory to fulfill the eligibility criteria before applying for the entrance test with an eye to avoiding confusion later on. Application of Candidates who have failed to meet the eligibility criteria is liable to be rejected by the VIT Authority.
The question paper of this entrance examination will be multiple choice questions. A total number of questions in the entrance test will be 125. There will be 5 questions from English and 120 questions from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. The question paper will be in English language only. The examination will be commenced in April month in the year 2018 in three different sessions. The cut off for the VITEE Entrance examination will be dependent on various factors like a number of students appearing for VITEE, the number of received application forms, average performance conferred by students.
VITEEE Exam Date
Can I know when it VITEE Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE 2018)?
The VITEE Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE 2018) is held in the month of April 2018 in the form of session like:
- For the I Session is held from- 9.00 am to 11.30 am
- And the II Session is held from - 12.30 pm to 3.00 pm
- And the final III Session is held from- 4.00 pm to 6.30 pm
Can I know when can in get the Entrance exam result for VITEEE 2018 and mark scheme?
The Entrance exam result for VITEEE 2018 is 24th April 2018. 40 questions will be asked in Physics paper. each correct answer will be awarded by 1 mark. Here there will be no negative marking.
Can I know when the starting is and ending date for VITEEE 2018 Examination?
The VITEEE 2018 Examination Start Date in the month of 5th April 2018 and the VITEEE 2018 examination End Date is in the month of 16th April 2018.
Can I know when Counselling Phase 1 is for VITEEE 2018, and the amount of DD to be drawn?
- The Counselling Phase 1 for VITEEE 2018 is in the month of 7th May 2018
- The candidate should get a Demand Draft of Rs. 30000/- (including 10000/- that is nonrefundable) in favor of “VIT University” and should be payable at Vellore.
When will the Admit card be available to download for VITEEE 2018?
- The Admit card will be available to download for VITEEE 2018 on 19th March 2018
- Admit card is generated automatically for only those candidates, who had booked a slot using the Online Test Booking system for the VITEEE 2018 before the last date.
Can I know when will the CBT Slot Booking for VITEEE 2018 starts and the last day for editing submitted online application?
- The CBT Slot Booking for VITEEE 2018 starts in the month of March 2018
- And the last day for editing submitted online application form is in the month of March 2018.
When are VITEEE 2018 Application Form Availability and the last date?
- The VITEEE 2018 Application Form is available from 9th November 2018.
- And the last date for VITEEE 2018 Application Form is 28th February 2018
VITEEE Eligibility criteria
I have scored 55% marks in my intermediate. Am I eligible to apply for the VITEEE exam 2018?
Here the aspirants must have cleared intermediate with minimum 60% marks from a well-known education board that is CBSE, ICSE or any other recognized board to be eligible. And the aspirant is not eligible because he has scored 55% in his intermediate exam.
What is the eligibility score required for VITEEE exam 2018, and the cut-off expectancy?
- Firstly the aspirants for VITEEE 2018 must have cleared intermediate with minimum 60% marks from a well-known education board
- And according to the Cut-off the Aspirants who score 118 and above marks will expectantly fall between 1-250 rank ranges.
- And the Aspirants with less than 31 marks will have an expected rank of 20,000 or below.
- And the candidates belonging to the SC/ST sections or the North Eastern states need to have an aggregate score of 50% to be eligible.
What is the education qualifications required to write VITEEE 2018?
- Here the aspirant the must have the qualification of 10+2/ equivalent.
- And the core subjects in 10+2 should be Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology.
- And the candidates have to score above 60%
- PCM for those opting B.TECH
- PCB for those opting B.TECH in Bio-Technology
- And the candidate should ensure that the aggregate score in PCM/PCB should not be less than 50%.
Does the Nationality matters for eligibility criteria in VITEEE 2018?
Here is the information regarding the eligibility criteria for Resident / Non Resident in VITEEE -2018:
- Here the aspirant for admission should be a Resident / Non Resident Indian National.
- Foreign Nationals:
- And the Foreign Nationals can apply separately through Foreign National Application form.
Is there any different criterion for the SC/ST applicants for VITEEE-2018?
Here the eligibility criteria for the SC/ST applicants:
- Here the Aspirants belonging to SC/ ST categories and North-East should have secured an aggregate of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology.
- And for those belonging the Jammu and Kashmir also the minimum aggregate requirement is 50%.
Does the age limit required for the candidate to appear for VITEEE-2018?
Yes, the age limit is very much required for the Aspirants to appear for VITEEE 2018:
Here the Aspirants whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1996 are eligible to apply for VITEEE-2018.
And the date of birth as recorded in the High School / SSC / X Certificate will be considered reliable.
The Aspirants should produce this certificate in original as a proof of their age at the time of counselling, failing for which they will be disqualified.
What is the main eligibility criteria required for the students to appear for VITEEE-2018?
Here is the required eligibility for the students to appear for VITEEE -2018
- To be eligible the aspirant should clear 12th standard (compulsory subject being math and an optional subject being biology).
- VITEEE is also open for NIOS.
- All VIT eligible students must have studied either regular type of education or full-time education
- They do not accept the part-time eligibility.
- If the VIT applicant has also taken up biology in his schooling, he is eligible to apply for any of the 3 biology courses at VITEEE.
- The eligibility for courses like Architecture, Advanced Sciences, Civil and CE, EC, EEE, IT, Mechanical, and Law School varies according to their departmental needs.
- For VIT Law School, the chances of admission will be boosted if there are any relevant work experiences.
- Applicants aiming to join VIT Law School should necessarily appear for CAT/XAT/MAT/GMAT/CMAT
- The candidates must have cleared intermediate with minimum 60% marks from a recognized board
- And for SC/ST sections or the North Eastern states need to have an aggregate score of 50%.
Eligibility criteria for the VIT University entrance exam?
Non-resident as well as resident citizens of India are eligible for appearing in this entrance test. An aspirant should have passed the higher secondary examination from a recognized state board/Central Board, ICSE and NIOS with a minimum of 60% marks in Physics, chemistry, Biology/Mathematic at the higher secondary examination. Students from SC/ST/OBC categories or from the North-East states should have scored 50% marks in these subjects.
- Candidates from general category should have secured a minimum of 60% marks of aggregate in 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ mathematics as subjects
- Candidates belonging to north-eastern states or SC, ST category should have secured a minimum of 50% marks of aggregate in 10+2
- Candidates born on or after July 1, 1995 can apply
- Candidates belonging to north-eastern states should provide Nativity Certificate to be able to apply from this category.
NRI students, as well as OCI and PIO holders, are also eligible to apply for this examination. An applicant should not have born before 1st July 1995. Candidates who have taken formal, regular and full-time education can apply for this entrance test.
VITEEE Application Form & fees
What are the factors to be followed before submitting the VITEEE -2018 application form?
Here are some important points to be followed before submitting the VITEEE -2018 application form:
For online VITEEE Application form:
- Here the aspirant should have a valid E-mail ID and mobile number to register the online for VITEEE 2018
- And the aspirant should upload the scanned photograph and signature
For the offline Application form:
- The list of the designated post office can be checked
- The aspirant will have to affix a passport size photograph and neatly write the signature
What is the application fee, and mode of payment for VITEEE 2018?
The university has increased the fee compared to last time here is the application fee:
- For the VITEEE online application form 2018 including the GST ranges around 1150
- And for the VITEEE offline application form 2018 including the GST ranges around 1200
- And 50 USD for the NRI candidate
Can you tell me the speciation to be followed to upload the photography and signature for VITEEE-2018?
Firstly it is applicable only for the online application form
- The size of the scanned photo must be between 10kb to 200kb
- And the dimension must be 3.5 CM* 4.5CM
- And it must be clear and should not be a selfie
- The size of the scanned copy of the signature should be 10kb to 200kb
- And the dimension must be 3.5 CM* 1.5CM
- And it must be clearly visible and must not be in capital letters
How to fill and register for online application form for VITEEE-2018?
Few steps need to follow to register for online application form
- First the candidate should register online by clicking the button of “New Application”
- And they have to register for the page by entering their personal information
- “Enter “email and Password which is received via email and click on "Submit" button.
- Next the Aspirant has to fill all the required details carefully
- Enter all Educational Details
- And the Mode of Payment to be done both Demand Draft Mode, Online Mode.
- The Final stage, Uploading Photo and Signature
How can I do the register for the Offline Application form for VITEEE-2018?
Few steps need to follow to register for offline application form
- The application are available in bulk in the university
- Need to fill VITEEE 2018 Application Form (English Language only)
- Fill up the application form in BLOCK LETTERS only (wherever specified)
- Should not tamper the application form
- Next Paste the recent photograph in the box given
- 10 digit application form number for future reference
- Aspirant needs to pay the Application fee of Rs.990/- in the post office
- After filling up the application form the candidate needs to send it through Registered post or speed post in the self-addressed envelope provided by VIT University Vellore
What are the factors present in application form?
Here is the list of factors present in application form
- Personal Details which includes: name, DOB, Religion, Nationality Blood group etc.
- Address for correspondence (includes the Ph. No, Mobile Number, Email id)
- Parental detail
- Educational detail
- Qualifying exam
- And other information
I have paid the application fee and the amount is also detected but status is negative? And is NIOS students eligible?
Yes, the students who have studied from NIOS are eligible
- The steps to check the fee payment
- Firstly the candidate should wait for 24 hours after submitting the fee amount.
- And if the bank returns the amount of fee then the candidate needs to register again.
- Even after that if it’s not register the candidate must contact the university.
VITEEE Syllabus & Exam Pattern
Can I know the highlights for Exam Centers for VITEEE 2018?
Here are some highlights for Exam Centers for VITEEE 2018
- VITEEE 2018 Exam Centers will be conducted from 5th April 2018 to 16th April 2018.
- VITEEE will be conducted at 119 VITEEE 2018 Exam Centers which also include 3 international VITEEE exam centers this year.
- And the Aspirants need to go through the list of VITEEE Exam Centers 2018 and then select the exam center which is convenient.
- To select VITEEE 2018 Exam Centre they should select during VITEEE Slot Booking 2018.
- And the Aspirants must check their VITEEE 2018 Exam Centre mentioned on the admit card.
How can I Choose the Exam Centre for VITEEE-2018?
The steps to choose VITEEE 2018 Exam Center are:
- First Visit the official website of VIT University.
- Next Click on ‘Book a seat’, Select the state and test city.
- Select other details like test center date and session for VITEEE 2018.
- The availability of seats in a particular center on a specific date will indicated below.
- Then click on ‘Book’ to confirm the booking of slot.
- Now aspirants can choose different test center/ time slot if a particular slot in a center is filled up.
- Once the slot is finalized by the candidate will not be updated or modified
- At last the Aspirants will receive a confirmation mail after completing the slot booking process.
Can I know the exam pattern for VITEEE 2018?
Here is the exam pattern for VITEEE-2018
- The exam will be conducted through online mode (Computer Based Test)
- And the question paper will be asked in English Language.
- All the questions will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
- And Totally 125 questions will be asked in the examination.
- The question will be asked from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology & English subjects.
- The duration of this exam will be 2 hours 30 minutes
- And For each correct answer, 1 mark will be allotted
- There will be no process of negative marking
After applying can I request for change of center? And at what time is exam conducted?
The board gives the candidate an impartial amount of time to make necessary changes in their application form.
- And all the corrections and updates should be done before the deadline.
- And the exam will be organized 3 sessions per day
- The Session I is from 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM
- The Session II from 12:30 PM to 3:00 PM and
- The Session III from 4:00 PM to 6:30 PM
Helpful Preparation Tips for VITEEE 2018 exam
Here are some tips useful for student:
- Before starting your preparation, know the exam pattern & syllabus of VITEEE 2018.
- Next prepare a time table according to the subject & syllabus.
- Solve unsolved sample paper, mock tests & previous year question paper.
- Know your strong & weak points of the study.
- Stay fit & healthy and eat Fresh fruits & vegetables.
I want to know the syllabus for Physics for VITEEE 2018
Here is the syllabus for Physics for VITEEE 2018
- Properties of Matter
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Electric Current
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Dual Nature of Radiation and Atomic Physics
- Nuclear Physics
- Semiconductor Devices and their Applications.
VITEEE Admit Card
Can I know the Steps to Download VITEEE 2018 Admit Card?
Here are the Steps to Download VITEEE 2018 Admit Card:
- First Visit the VITEEE official website. Click on "Online Test Booking System" link.
- Next Enter Application Number and Password. Click on Login button.
- Click on "Book a Seat" button. Choose preferred Test, Test city, Test date and subject.
- Select the link stated "Book" and click on "Confirm" button.
- Download and take the printout of admit card.
Can I know the Online Test Booking System for VITEEE 2018?
In order to get admit card first candidate need to book a slot
- Firstly it’s been allotted automatic by university
- And the candidate needs to select the subject pattern (Physics/Chemistry/ Mathematics/Biology/English).
- After successfully submitting the VITEEE 2018 application form, the online VITEEE Slot Booking 2018 will be available and booking must be done before the deadline
- Candidates can only book slots through OTBS which requires the candidate’s login username and password.
Can I know the Steps for VITEEE Slot Booking 2018?
Here are the Steps for VITEEE Slot Booking 2018:
- Login and Enter Details
- Next, the candidate will confirm their Application Details and click on ‘Book a seat’ option.
- Choose preferred options
- Select preferred Date
- Select Centre name and Book
- Select Time Centre and slot
- Candidate needs to confirm the entered details. If you have made a mistake, you can press ‘Cancel’ and make the changes again
- candidates will be able to see their e-admit card displayed on the screen
- Next Download and Print
What does Biometric verification on the day of the VITEEE 2018 exam includes, and is it Compulsory?
Here is the few information regarding the Biometric for VITEEE 2018
- Biometric verification includes the scanning of the thumb impression
- It is compulsory for the candidates to undergo the biometric verification as it is part of the attendance process.
What are the Documents to be carried to the VITEEE 2018 Exam Centre?
Candidates need to carry any one of the documents that are mentioned below:
- Aadhaar Card
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
- Driving license with photograph
- Any other government identity proof
- And for those Aspirants who belong to the Physically Challenged category, they must carry with themselves the disability certificate
What is the Information available on the admit card of VITEEE 2018?
Here are the information which is available on the on the admit card of VITEEE 2018
- Name of the candidate
- Application number of the candidate
- Course (B.Tech) and Subject (PCME, PCBE) chosen by the candidate
- Address of the test center of VITEEE
- Date of VITEEE 2018 exam
- Time of VITEEE 2018 exam
- Lab code
- Scanned photograph of the candidate
What are the guidelines to VITEEE-2018 applicants?
Here are few guidelines to be followed for VITEEE-2018 applicants
- Softcopy (scanned copy) of recently taken passport size colour photograph with 10kb – 200kb
- And the Signature of the Candidate with 10kb – 200kb
- The Selfie photos will not be accepted
- Also scanned copy of Aadhaar Card/proof of enrolment ID for Aadhaar Card is to be submitted
- It is mandatory for NRI candidates to send the hardcopy of the application form along with the NEFT Transfer copy
- All our correspondence including center booking and issue of e-admit card details will be through email only
- And the Offline Application Forms Cost of Offline Application Forms of Rs.1200/-
If I have a Problems in generating the Admit Card what is the solution for it?
- The Admit Card may not be generating because of the following reasons:
- The Application form is incomplete or was not submitted within the deadline.
- If there is Test slot not booked within the deadline.
- And Slow internet connectivity.
- There are chances if the candidate had entered incorrect login credentials.
VITEEE Results & Score Card
Can I know how to check the Result VITEEE 2018?
Here are the steps to check the Result VITEEE 2018
- The candidate should open the official website link
- Next Enter your 10 digit application number and date of birth.
- Enter the verification code and click on the submit button.
- The result will appear on your computer screen.
- Check the details like application number, applicant’s name, gender, DOB and VITEEE rank.
- Click on the ‘Print’ button and take 2-3 printouts of it for future use.
How is the Merit List calculated?
Here is the information regarding the Merit List:
- Based on the equating methodology and the announced VITEEE Score Card 2018, the merit list shall be formed and published by the authority.
- And it basically includes on the names and other details of the qualified students.
- Only those students who get the place in the merit list will be called for the further rounds of admission.
- Here the students can check and download the merit list soon after its availability.
Can you give the detail description of VITEEE 2018 Score Card?
Here is the information regarding the VITEEE 2018 Score Card:
- The details of the candidate along with his marks and rank are indicated in the VITEEE 2018 Score Card.
- The scorecard will be released along with the declaration of result.
- And the score card is important which is mandatory at the time of document verification.
What are the Steps to Download VITEEE 2018 Score Card?
Here are simple steps to Download VITEEE 2018 Score Card
- Visit the official website and you can find the given link there
- Insert candidate’s Id and the randomly generated verification code.
- Enter to download the VITEEE 2018 Score Card.
What do you mean by the Equating Methodology?
Here is the information of the Equating Methodology
- Basically, this is the statistical process which is used to adjust the marks on the test forms so that this can be used interchangeably.
- And, it is done in order to facilitate the meaningful and precise comparison for the merit list and the ranking of the candidates.
- The aspirants are advised not to make any assumptions of their score or rank based on their estimation of the raw scores.
- This approach is used by the official authority so as to identify the percentile rank of the student.
- Therefore, the percentile rank is unique and invariant position of the test taker in that group.
What are the procedures for preparing the VITEEE 2018 Rank List?
The procedure for preparing the VITEEE 2018 Rank list is mentioned below:
- LIST 1: The percentile Rank is calculated batch wise, subject wise that is the score in Physics, Chemistry, Math, Biology, and English
- LIST 2: percentile Rank is calculated batch wise on the total scores of PCEM students
- LIST 3: percentile Rank is calculated batch wise on the total scores of PCEB students
- LIST 4: Preparation of a consolidated percentile rank list by merging list 1 and 3
- LIST 5: Preparing the rank list to break the tie score.
VITEEE Counselling & Admission
What are the Documents Required for VITEEE 2018 Counselling?
The documents Required for VITEEE 2018 Counselling:
- First is Aadhaar Card, Voter's ID, etc.
- Require 04 recent passport size photographs.
- The aspirants need to get Original and photocopy of VITEEE Admit Card.
- And Original and attested copy of 10th and 12th marks sheet.
- And need to bring Original and photocopy of transfer certificate.
- And need to bring Community certificate signed by authorized authority (if applicable).
How is the Counselling Process done for VITEEE 2018?
Here is the steps for Counselling Process in VITEEE 2018:
- The successful candidates will have to take part in the counseling process which will begin in 7th May 2018.
- Additional information about counseling will be available on the official website.
- Counseling will stop once all the seats have been filled up.
- The candidate should produce the admit card at the time of interview.
- The aspirants will be short-listed for counseling on the basis of their performance in the VITMEE.
What are the documents to be carried at the time of counseling?
Here is the list of documents required at the time of counseling
- SC/ST Community Certificate, VITEEE 2018 Admit Card
- Student Profile filled by the student
- Affidavit by the student & parent
- Demand Draft of Rs. 30000/- Balance fee for VITEEE 2018 as per the fee structure is to be paid on the day of reporting.
- 4 recent passport size colour photos, Photo copy of Class 12th Hall Ticket
- Mark sheet of Class 12th or equivalent exam, Class 10th certificate to verify date of birth
- Transfer Certificate/Migration Certificate/School Leaving Certificate
- VITEEE 2018 candidates hailing from Jammu & Kashmir and North Eastern states must have nativity certificate
Can parents attend the counselling instead of the candidate for VITEEE 2017?
Yes the parents can attend but based on the following factors:
- It is mandatory that the candidate attends the counselling.
- But however, if the candidate is unable to attend due to some genuine reason, we can permit parents to represent the candidate.
- In such a case, the candidate should give an authorization letter in favor of his/her parents.
- And the decision taken by the parents is final and binding for the VITEEE Counselling 2018.
How is the Payment of counseling fee done for VITEEE 2018?
Here is the information of the Payment of counseling fee for VITEEE 2018
- The aspirants who will be called for counseling will have to pay an amount of Rs. 10,000/- as counseling fee (non-refundable).
- And the same will be adjusted in the tuition fee once the candidate joins the University.
- And if once the candidate’s seat is confirmed and he/she accepts the branch allotted to them, they will have to submit the DD for Rs. 50,000/- in favor of VIT University, payable at Vellore.
- Though, this will include the counseling fee of Rs. 12, 000/-.
Can I know the Rank-wise VITEEE 2018 Counselling Eligibility?
The information regarding VITEEE 2018 Counselling Eligibility
- The Aspirants with a rank between 1 and 99999 in VITEEE-2018 are eligible to take part in counselling for admission in Vellore / Chennai / Bhopal (MP) / VIT-AP
- And for those Candidates who are ranked 100000 and above in VITEEE-2018 will not be eligible for admission
- For VIT- Bhopal the Aspirants who are ranked 150000 or higher are eligible to attend the counselling for admission in Bhopal (MP).
- The date of counselling candidates who are ranked between 100000 and 150000 (only for Bhopal, MP) will be announced shortly.
I want to know the VITEEE 2018 Admission Procedure?
Here is the information procedure of VITEEE 2018:
- Here the admission is basis of the marks secured in the VITEEE conducted by VIT University.
- And for those who have not answered the VITEEE are not entitled for admission.
- The aspirants would be certified based on your entrance examination marks and would be called for the counseling.
VITEEE Participating Colleges
The VITEE entrance examination confers admission in various undergraduate engineering courses at the campuses of Chennai and Vellore. Hence the only participating colleges in the counselling of VITEE Exam 2018 are
List of VITEEE examination centres
List of test cities of VITEEE ( VIT University Engineering Entrance Examination ) :-
Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Jammu and Kashmir
Ask & Answers
I have made some mistakes in VITEEE Application form, so is there any possibility of editing the VITEEE Application form?
Yes, there is a possibility of making corrections for the selection fields in VITEEE Application form at the time of VITEEE Application form correction.
- Aspirants who have registered via online mode, they will be having the option of editing the VITEEE Application form.
- One must login into the official website to make any sought of corrections.
- After login, there will be option of ‘EDIT’ where the candidates need to click on it.
- Then the candidates can make the required changes in Application form.
I will be going to apply for VITEEE, So How much would be the VITEEE Application form fee for NRI candidates?
Details on VITEEE Application form fee:
- VITEEE Application form fee for NRI candidates costs USD 50.
- NRI candidates who are going to apply via offline mode, they have to send the enclosed hard copy of VITEEE Application form along with the Demand Draft or the Transfer copy of NEFT.
- The candidate has to submit it to the office.
- NRI applicant can also submit the VITEEE Application form via online mode.
Is there an option of changing my VIT University Vellore campus to VIT University Chennai campus?
The candidates will be getting allotment at the time of VITEEE Counselling process.
- Admission and Selection of the candidates at VIT University campuses will be done via single window for counselling.
- Seat allotment to the various VIT University campuses will be done on the basis of candidates rank, selection of program and seats availability.
- Once the allotment of branch cum campus gets done , then it cannot be changed.
I have qualified my 12th exam with the aggregate of 65%, So Will I fulfill the VITEEE Eligibility criteria in order to get admission to VIT University, Vellore?
Details of VITEEE Eligibility criteria:
- Yes, you will be eligible for getting admission to VIT University, Vellore and you can easily apply for VITEEE exam.
- Qualification criteria: Aspirants should have passed the 12th examination.
- Percentage criteria: 60% aggregate marks in PCM/B and For SC/ST & North Eastern state candidates, it is 50%).
- Appearing candidates can also apply for VITEEE exam.
I have applied for VITEEE, so can I give the exam in offline mode?
- VITEEE exam has to be given in online mode itself i.e. Computer Based Test as there is no such option of offline mode.
- The questions will be asked of Multiple Choice questions, 4 options will be given.
- The candidates have to mark only one answer among the options shown on the screen.
I want to know VITEEE Syllabus for English subject?
VITEEE Syllabus for English subject
- English section in VITEEE Exam pattern has totally 5 questions.
- 1 Mark will be provided for each right answer.
- There will be no such negative marking system.
- Aspirants need to read the questions and passages carefully.
- The questions will be asked depending on the level of the exam.
- Reading Comprehension i.e. 30-50 words.
- Grammar and Pronunciation will be asked.
These above mentioned topics are the important ones in VITEEE Syllabus for English subject.
I have forgotten my VITEEE Application number, so how I retrieve it?
- The candidates need to visit the official website at the first step.
- There will be link given as “Forgot Application no.?” where the candidates need to click on it.
- Then the candidates have to enter their Name and Date of Birth.
- Then they have to enter email Id which has been registered and mobile number.
- Then the security code will be displayed on the screen.
- Then the candidate needs to click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Then the candidate’s VITEEE Application number will be displayed.
I want to know where all the VITEEE exam centers are located in Abroad?
- VITEEE Exam centers which are located in Abroad are Dubai, Kuwait and Muscat.
- There are totally 119 centers in different cities in India where the VITEEE Exam will be scheduled.
- At the time of VITEEE Slot Booking, the candidates can choose their VITEEE exam centre.
- In this online VITEEE Slot booking process, the candidate has to select the state as well as test city.
Is there any option that I can make the submission of VITEEE Application form through offline mode?
- The candidates can submit the VITEEE Application form either in online or offline mode.
- If the candidate prefers to fill VITEEE Application form via offline, then the candidate can obtain the application forms at various post offices.
- Then after filling the application form, the candidate have to enclose their filled application form with DD and have to send it to the University address via Speed post or registered post.
- They can send to Admission Officer, VIT University, Vellore.
On what basis VITEEE Cutoff will be decided?
VITEEE Cutoff will be decided on various factors such as:
- One of the factors is the Number of Received VITEEE Application form.
- Seats availability in the VIT campuses is also one criterion for VITEEE Cutoff.
- The performance of the candidates in the exam and the level of the difficulty of the exam.
- The VIT campuses Vellore and Chennai will release their VITEEE cutoffs separately.
In VITEEE exam, which book should I refer for VITEEE Preparation for Physics section?
For VITEEE preparation for Physics section, there are various important books which will be helpful for the students for the VITEEE preparation. 40 questions will be asked in Physics section in VITEEE Exam pattern.
Books recommended for VITEEE Preparation for Physics section:
- DC Pandey’s- Arihant Series
- HC Verma’s - Concepts of Physics (both volumes)
- D Mukherjee’s - MCQ Question Bank
May I know, how shall I download VITEEE Admit card?
Step by step process to download VITEEE Admit card:
- The candidates need to visit the official website in order to download VITEEE Admit card.
- There will be link given for the VITEEE Admit card in the login page.
- The candidates can download VITEEE Admit card only after they book the slot for VITEEE exam.
- The candidates need to enter their VITEEE Application number, online test booking password.
- The password for online test booking will be sent in registered email id.
- Then they have to login and book the respective slot.
- Then the VITEEE Admit card will be displayed on the screen.
what all documents that have to be carried apart from VITEEE Admit card to the exam centre?
Details on VITEEE Admit card:
- Aspirants have to take any one of the following documents as ID proof in the VITEEE Examination center apart from VITEEE Admit card.
- Documents to be taken apart from VITEEE Admit card are Aadhaar Card/ PAN Card/ Passport/ Voter ID/Driving license.
- Government ID proof can also be considered.
- Disable candidates have to get their disability certificate and also VITEEE admit card.
- VITEEE Admit card is very important for appearing to VITEEE exam.
As I am appearing for the VITEEE examination, I want to know the VITEEE Exam Pattern for Chemistry section?
Details on VITEEE Exam Pattern for Chemistry section:
- VITEEE Chemistry section will have total of 40 questions.
- 1 mark will be provided for every correct answer.
- There will be no negative marking scheme for Chemistry subject.
- Major questions will be asked from topic named electro-chemistry.
- Let us go through the VITEEE Chemistry section topics which hold maximum weightage:
- Atomic Structure which carries 4 marks.
- Co-ordination chemistry & Solid state chemistry which carries 4 marks.
- Alcohols & ether carries 4 marks.
- Thermodynamics, Chemical equilibrium & Kinetics carry 4 marks.
- P, d and Block Elements also carries 4 marks.
I belong to SC cadre, how much percentage is required for applying to VITEEE exam as per VITEEE Eligibility criteria?
Details on VITEEE Eligibility criteria:
- For SC candidates, they have to qualify the 12th class examination (10+2 system) from the recognized board.
- The percentage criterion for the SC candidates is 50% aggregate marks as per VITEEE Eligibility criteria.
- The compulsory subjects are Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology.
- The candidates who are going to appear for their 12th examination can also apply for VITEEE exam.
What are the Documents to be carried to the VITEEE 2018 Exam Centre?
Candidates need to carry any one of the documents that are mentioned below:
- Aadhaar Card
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
- Driving license with photograph
- Any other government identity proof
- And for those Aspirants who belong to the Physically Challenged category, they must carry with themselves the disability certificate.
May I know, if I do not have mathematics as a compulsory subject. Will I be eligible for the VITEEE 2018 exam?
- One should have Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
- If the applicant who doesn’t have mathematics as a Compulsory subject. They will not be eligible for appearing to VITEEE 2018 exam for the admissions to VIT University.
I wanted to know the VITEEE Eligibility criteria for Btech program?
VITEEE Eligibility criteria for Btech program:
- One must be qualified in 12th class examination (i.e., 10+2 system) from a recognized board.
- Compulsory subjects: Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics/Biology put together.
- Percentage criteria: 60% marks aggregate (for SC/ST & North Eastern aspirants, it is 50% marks)
- Candidates who are attending the 12th final Examination in the year 2018 can also apply for VITEEE 2018.
- Aspirants who have studied in regular, full-time & formal education are eligible to apply.
I wanted to know the expected VITEEE cutoff for the year 2018?
Expected VITEEE cutoff 2018:
- VITEEE cutoff depends on the various factors such as the Total number of applicants who have appeared for VITEEE 2018 exam, the difficulty level of the exam. Given below is the expected VITEEE cutoff 2018
- VITEEE 2018 Marks obtained is 118+ and expected Rank range lies from 250-1.
- VITEEE 2018 Marks obtained is 111 – 118 and expected Rank range lies from 500 – 250.
- VITEEE 2018 Marks obtained is 91 – 111 and expected Rank range lies from 2500 – 501.
- VITEEE 2018 Marks obtained is 80 – 91and expected Rank range lies from
- 5000 – 2501.
May I know, How to check VITEEE Results?
VITEEE Results can be checked by the following process:
- The candidates need to visit the official website in order to go to the VITEEE Result page.
- The candidates need to fill the VITEEE Application number and the password in order to login.
- The candidates can click on the submit button and can check the VITEEE Results which will be displayed on the screen.
I wanted to know the number of Questions allotted for PCM in VITEEE Exam Pattern?
In VITEEE Exam Pattern, there will be total questions of 125 which are divided among Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics Biology & English subjects.
- For Physics subject it is 40 questions, For Chemistry subject it is 40 questions, for Mathematics/Biology subject it is 40 questions.
- For each correct response, 1 mark will be allotted in the VITEEE Exam pattern.
- There will be no process of negative marking system.
- The questions will be of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
During VITEEE Counselling process, what are the Important Documents the candidates need to bring?
Documents which are required during VITEEE Counselling process:
- One must get the most Recent 4 Passport size color photographs.
- The candidate must get 12th class Hall ticket Photo copy.
- 12th class Mark sheets is required.
- One must get the VITEEE Admit Card during the VITEEE Counselling process.
- SC/ST category certificates are important for the reserved cadre candidates.
- Transfer certificate is must during the VITEEE Counselling process.