Orissa Joint Entrance Examination [OJEE ]
OJEE happens to be a state level entrance test which is conducted by the state Government of Odisha. The test is conducted every year for students who are willing to seek admission in first-year degree programs of Pharmacy, Homeopathy, Integrated MBA, Planning, Ayurveda, etc. The examination is also conducted for lateral entry in different Post graduate, MCA, engineering courses such as M.Arch, M.Tech, and M.Pharma.
The application form can be availed on the official website for different form types. Students require registering online only after which they can fill the application form by conferring the required details. OJEE is recognized to be an offline examination which is conducted in different slots and sessions for various courses. The test contains different multiple choice questions in the English Language. The number of questions is different for various courses. 4 marks will be awarded for every correct answer whereas 1 mark is deducted for each wrong answer. The OJEE Registration has started from January.
Candidates should know the instructions carefully by visiting the official website before applying. Eligible candidates can apply online. You should ensure to check eligibility criteria to avoid any confusion later on.
OJEE Exam Date
The examination for this year has been scheduled on May .
Deadline to submit the filled forms
March (Week 2)
Admit Card availability
April (Week 3)
May (Week 2)
June (Week 1)
OJEE Eligibility criteria
What are the basic eligibility criteria for 2019 examination?
- Candidate should have cleared diploma or equivalent exam from any recognized board.
- Candidate should have passed in appropriate branch of engineering and technology.
- Candidate should have obtained 45% marks for general and 40% for reserved categories.
- Candidate should belong to Odisha state.
What is the cut off score required to attain seat?
The cutoff will be determined by admission authorities on the basis of factors like number of applications received for admission, number of seats available and previous year’s cutoff trends.
All the participating institutes will have their own individual cutoffs, which will be determined branch-wise and category-wise.
Candidates who have secured the valid score will be informed to attend counseling as per their merit rank.
OJEE Application Form & fees
What is the procedure for registration?
- Candidates can register for exam through online mode.
- Candidates have to fill their personal and academic, details.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph, full signature and left thumb impression in the prescribed format.
- Pay the application fee through online or offline mode.
- After completing the application, take printout of the application for future references.
What are the modes of payments for 2018 and what is the application cost?
- The payment for registration of exam is through online mode i.e. net banking/ credit card/ debit card or through State Bank of India e-challan.
- The application fee cost for registration is INR 1000/-
When can I apply for and what is the last date?
The application form 2019 will be released from the first week of February 2019 and the tentative last date to submit the duly filled application form is in the month of March 2019.
What are the mandatory documents to be submitted for registration?
- Candidate has to submit a duly filled application form with valid information.
- Candidate will then have to upload the recent photograph, signature and left-hand thumb impression in the prescribed format.
- Candidates have to pay the application fee and submit the special application form.
What is the domicile proof documents required to register?
- Candidates should provide their residential proof to register.
- Resident or Nativity Certificate in original from concerned Revenue Officer, not below than Tahsildar.
- Certificate of Employment of candidate Parent / Spouse.
- Employment certificate by Govt. of Odisha / Govt. of India / Govt. of India undertakings / Govt. of Odisha undertakings located in Odisha.
- Qualifying Examination Pass Certificate from Odisha in original and self-attested Photocopy
OJEE Syllabus & Exam Pattern
What is the exam pattern of exam for engineering?
- The duration of the exam will be around 3 hours
- The exam will be conducted on offline mode. It will be pen paper based test.
- Correct answer obtains +4 marks and for each incorrect answer ¼ marks will be ducted.
- Unanswered questions do not carry any kind of negative marking.
- Exam paper consists of objective type questions.
- Total no, of questions differs as per the courses.
What is the use of mock test and how can I register for it?
- Mock test helps the students in preparation of the examination. The test provides the complete blue print of which helps the students to prepare well for the examination and also plan their exam and its preparation accordingly.
- Candidates will have to register their names for mock test from the website.
- Candidates will receive Updated syllabus as per new exam pattern.
- Mock test Simulates actual test environment for the candidates.
- Mock test provide detailed solution and graphical analysis for the better understanding for the students.
What are the guidelines to be followed while taking up?
- Aspirants should start their preparation at the earliest.
- Calculate the time left out for the exam and plan the schedule accordingly.
- Identify Strengths and Weakness, this way you will have sufficient time to polish your strengths and work on the weaknesses.
- Candidates can take online mock tests, check sample papers and previous years’ questions and practice.
- Candidates can jot down important topics so that no point in the syllabus will be left out.
- The more time you will get to prepare for the examination, the better you will perform in the exam.
Pattern of the questionnaire on entrance examination?
Following is the pattern of the questionnaire:
Number of questions
Marks for each question
OJEE Admit Card
What is the procedure to download admit card?
- The admit card is an important document for candidates and can be downloaded through online.
- Candidates can Visit the official website and click on the link 'admit card'.
- Candidates have to upload application number, password and security pin given to them.
- Click on the sign in button. Download and take a printout of the admit card for further use.
What are the mandatory details mentioned on admit card?
- Name and Roll Number of the candidate.
- Date of Birth and Gender of the candidate.
- Exam date will be given on the Admit Card.
- Time of examination will be mentioned on Admit Card.
- Exam center address will be mentioned on the Admit Card
- User ID No./Registration Number will be mentioned on the Admit Card
- PWD/DA status will be mentioned on the Admit Card
What is the importance of admit card?
- Candidates are not supposed to give exams without admit card.
- Admit Card is a mandatory document for the candidates appearing for the 2018 entrance exam.
- Admit Card will be made available to candidates who have registered online and made payment before the deadline.
- Candidates should download the PDF version of the admit card and then take a printout of the admit card.
- Candidates should make sure that they retain this admit card.
- The admit card will be required during the time of counseling and admission of the candidate.
OJEE Results & Score Card
What is the procedure to check 2019 results?
- The result for 2019 will be released through online mode.
- Candidates have to submit their register number mentioned on the admit card to access their results.
- Mark sheet will not be posted or emailed to any of the candidates.
- Candidates are supposed to keep a regular check on result notification.
- Candidates can take the printout of the result for future use.
OJEE Counselling & Admission
What is the procedure for counseling?
- Candidates will have to log in for registration for the counseling.
- The schedule for the counseling session will be mentioned on the website.
- Candidate should pay the counseling registration fee through online mode.
- Payment of INR 450 can be made through debit/credit card or net banking.
- Candidate must make the choice of colleges on the Official Website.
- Candidates should attend the counseling at nodal centers with all original documents.
- After the verification process, candidates are asked to finalize the college.
- The process is completed once the college fee is paid.
What are the mandatory documents to be carried for counseling 2019?
- Candidates Admit Card.
- Result/score card of the candidate.
- Academic certificates of the candidate.
- Copy of payment made challan/printed page
- Passport size photographs of the candidate.
- Character certificate of the candidate issued by the college authorities.
- Resident certificate of domicile proof document of the candidate.
- Candidate’s parents/guardians income certificate.
When the counseling is held and what is the fee for counseling?
Candidates should first register their names for counseling using their registration number from the official website. The web-based counseling is organized for admission to different courses in Odisha state.
The fee for the registration/counseling is INR 450, which is non-refundable amount.
How to choose examination center for OJEE 2018?
- Candidates should mention the locations of their preference during registration.
- Candidate can enter 3 options for OJEE Exam centers in the application form during registration.
- Exam Centre is decided by the head of the OJEE examination based on the student’s locality.
- The OJEE entrance exam will be conducted across 30 cities in the state, Odisha.
What are the important instructions to be followed for counseling process?
- Candidates should register on the website and create their password.
- Candidates are supposed to give their valid contact information.
- Candidates should Pay Counseling registration Fee of INR 450/- and complete the registration.
- Candidates should visit Choice fill page and fill choice of their preferred colleges first.
- Candidates should Read counseling procedure completely before registering.
- Candidates are requested to follow the activities as instructed by the department.
What is the procedure for OJEE counseling for special rounds?
- Candidates have to register and fill their choices of courses and college.
- Candidate should get the documents verified only after the seat allotment is announced.
- Candidate must login and download their allotment letter and report to the colleges to get their document verified.
- Candidate must pay the admission fees as specified to confirm their admissions.
How can I register for OJEE counseling 2018?
- Candidates have to apply for fresh registration of OJEE counseling.
- Candidates are requested to enter their details including their roll number as well and their date of birth.
- Candidates are supposed to provide accurate bank details, mobile number and address details.
- The details provide by the candidates has to be a valid information.
- Candidates are required to choose and enter a password of their choice.
- They had to take a printout of the application after submission and proceed to pay the fees. Click here to register
What are the mandatory documents that have to be verified at the nodal centers for OJEE counseling?
- Candidate must submit a Domicile proof
- Candidate should carry their OJEE Score Card/ Rank card
- OJEE 2018 Online registration slip
- OJEE 2018 Online/offline payment slip.
- Candidate’s proof of date of birth - HSC or any other relevant certificate showing the date of birth
- Candidate’s Marks Sheet for 10 + 2 Mark Sheet
- Pass certificate of 10+2 or equivalent issued by the college
- Women candidates must also submit the Resident/Nativity Certificate from concerned Revenue Officer not below than Tahsildar if applying for reservation
Is there any other OJEE counseling procedure for the physically challenged candidates?
- Physically challenged category candidates have a separate procedure for admission.
- Physically challenged (pc) category candidates are required to attend the medical board at SCB Medical College.
- Candidates are required to carry their admit card, photo id and rank card to the venue.
- Admissions for physically challenged category candidates are done as per the final decision of this medical board verification.
What is temporary seat allotment and final seat allotment?
- Temporary allotment of seat will be announced by the OJEE authority after the successful verification of the documents submitted by the candidate.
- Final Seat Allotment will be announced after consideration of all withdrawals and up-gradations. Candidates are supposed to log in and download their allotment letter to know the seat details and college details for reporting. The final seat allotment will take place after auto-up-gradation process.
What is the procedure for choice filling of OJEE 2018 during the time of counseling?
- Candidates had to log in with their provided ID.
- Candidate should fill their choices of college as per their preference.
- Candidates can fill the maximum number of choices.
- Candidates have to save and lock after filling their choices
- Candidates can take a printout of their filled in choices
OJEE Participating Colleges
The participating colleges are inclusive of different University College, State Government colleges, Government Aided Private colleges and Private Unaided colleges. The participating institutes will confer sears in accordance with the scores obtained.
The top participating colleges are
- Gandhi Institute for Technological Advancement, Bhubaneswar,
- Parala Maharaja Engineering College, Berhampur,
- Orissa School of Mining Engineering, Keonjhar,
- Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology, Sambalpur,
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Technology, Sarang,
- Central Institute of Plastic Engineering and Technology,
- Bhubaneswar, Silicon Institute of Technology,
- Bhubaneswar, Government College of Engineering, Kalahandi,
- Parala Maharaja Engineering College, Berhampur,
- CV Raman College of Engineering, Bhubaneswar.
Following Cities for Entrance Exam :
OJEE Administrative Office Contact :
Odisha Joint Entrance Examination-2016
JEE Cell, Gandamunda, Khandagiri,
DIST – Khurda. Bhubaneswar – 751030
Website: www.odishajee.com, www.ojee.nic.in
Ask & Answers
Which exam should I write for the Admissions to Btech program in Odisha state engineering institutes? Is it OJEE or JEE MAIN?
- Btech program admissions at all the Government and Private Engineering Colleges at Odisha state, the candidates need to write JEE Main Exam.
- For applying to Btech program at engineering institutes of Odisha state, the candidate need to fulfill the JEE Main Eligibility criteria.
- Aadhaar card is mandatory for applying to JEE Main exam.
- For other programs, the candidate can apply for OJEE exam.
- Odisha state candidates need to apply for JEE Main for Btech program.
I wanted to know the Eligibility criteria for Btech program?
Odisha state aspirants are required to apply for JEE Main for Btech program. Eligibility criteria is not required if the candidates are option for Engineering colleges at Odisha state. Eligibility criteria is only required for other programs such as MBA, MTECH, MCA.
- For JEE Main Eligibility, One must be qualified in 12th exam in recognized board.
- Compulsorily, they need to be qualified in 5 subjects.
- The aspirants need to be born on or after 1st October 1993.
- For SC/ST candidates, for Upper age limit they will be having 5 years relaxation.
I want to know, How to check Result?
Details on OJEE Result:
- The candidates need to visit the official website, Results will be made available via online mode.
- The candidates need to enter their Roll number and other information in order to check the Result
- Then Result will be displayed on the screen.
- Depending upon the candidate’s performance in the exam, a merit list will be prepared.
For MBA program, I wanted to know the Eligibility criteria?
Eligibility criteria for MBA program:
- Qualification criteria: The candidate should be qualified in any branch from the recognized university.
- Percentage Criteria: 50% marks aggregate (for Reserved cadre, it is 45%).
- Domicile: the candidate should belong to the state of Odisha.
- Final year appearing candidates can also apply for the OJEE exam.
May I know, what is the Fee for Application form and I need the details of the mode of payment?
Application form Fee Details:
- After the candidate fills the Application form, they need to make the required payment.
- For other programs, Application form fee costs Rs 1000 and for MBA, MCA, PGAT, OJEE Application form fee costs Rs 1500.
- Payment of Application Form Fee can be made by online mode via Credit card/Debit card/Net Banking.
- Application Form Fee payment can be done via offline mode i.e. e-challan of SBI (State Bank of India).