West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination [WBJEE]
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board conducts an entrance examination every year in the month of April for admission of students in different undergraduate programs in engineering, pharmacy, and architecture in the state of West Bengal. A total of 36,000 seats is available in the participating colleges of the entrance test.
The entrance test will be conducted in 22 centers in offline mode in the state and nearby areas. The last date of applying is 4th February 2019. Candidates who have filed the application for the entrance test are eligible for modifying their forms on the official website. The correction window form will run from 6th February to 8th February. You can make corrections during the specified period.
For the academic year 2019-20, candidates require uploading the signature, photograph and thumb impression only. The test will be conducted across different states of Tripura, Assam and West Bengal. The examination will be conducted in offline mode. Candidates should make sure to bring the admit card during the examination. Candidates qualifying this screening test are considered eligible for direct admission to various government and private engineering colleges in West Bengal.
The cut off determine the choice of candidates in a specific course. Candidates need to secure rank or score equivalent to the WBJEE cut off 2019 for being eligible for counselling. The cut-off list will be accomplished in accordance with the performance of candidates in Mathematics, Chemistry, and Physics.
WBJEE Exam Date
Entrance exam for Mathematic examination for this test has been scheduled on 23rd April 2019 between 11 AM and 1 PM. The examination for Physics papers will be holding on the same day between 2 PM and 4 PM.
Online application begins
First week of January, 2019
Last date of online application
Last week of February, 2019
Admit card download
First week of April, 2019
Third week of May, 2019
First week of June, 2019
Publication of information brochure
Last week of December, 2019
Last date to upload documents
First week of March, 2019
Last date of fee payment
Second week of March, 2019
Last date to print confirmation page
Last week of March, 2019
Second week of March, 2019
WBJEE Eligibility criteria
To appear at this Entrance test 2019, a candidate should be an Indian Citizen. For medical courses, candidates need to hold a domicile status for the state of west Bengal. Candidates should have attained the age of 17 as on 31st December 2019.
Candidates seeking admission to mechanical engineering course should be lesser than 25 years of age. An incumbent needs to pass the higher secondary examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology if seeking admission to the engineering to technology courses.
Candidates should have passed the higher secondary examination with PCM as well as English as a language paper. Candidates should have passed the higher secondary examination with a minimum aggregate score of 60% in PCM.
- Candidates should have the domicile of West Bengal and the citizen of India.
- Candidates should have appeared or passed 10+2 or equivalent exam from state or central board of Education.
- The applicants must be obtained minimum 45% aggregate marks for general category (40% aggregate marks for reserved category in 12th examination.
- For admission to the Jadhavpur University, candidates should have 60% marks for general category and 55% marks for reserved category.
- The candidates should have Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/biology/biotechnology in 12th examination.
- The candidates should have completed 17 years
- For mining engineering, candidates should not exceed the age of 25 years on or before 31st of July 2019.
WBJEE Application Form & fees
The online registration shall start on 5th January and continue until the 4th of February 2019.
Candidates can download the application form from the website of the board. The application form of entrance test can be availed at www.wbjee.nic.in. Subsequently, they will require filling up the necessary fields and upload the filled-in form along with the necessary supporting documents.
Candidates can remit the application fee through internet banking, debit, and credit card. After submission of details, candidates will receive an Application Number for future reference. Candidates need to choose a security question and answer along with a password at the time of filling the form.
Application fee for the exam 2019:
- For Medical/Dental/Pharmacy – Rs.500/-
- For Engineering/Technology/Architecture/Pharmacy/Medical/Dental – Rs.600/-
- For Engineering/Technology/Architecture/Pharmacy – Rs.500/-
Any correction in the application form will be done in the second week of March, 2019. Candidates are required to upload the scanned copies of necessary documents.
The application fee payment can be made through online and offline methods. Candidates can pay the application fee via debit/credit card or through the challan of Allahabad Bank.
WBJEE Syllabus & Exam Pattern
Syllabus for this examination will resemble the syllabus for Chemistry. physics and mathematics Biology at the Higher secondary examination.
The question for this test will cover the topics taught in class XI and XII. This objective type question paper will have two sets. Set 1 shall include the mathematical topics while the 2nd part will have a question from Physics and Chemistry. Both these sets shall include 3 categories.
For Set 1, candidates can score 1 number for each correct answer while for the second papers this rate will be 1 number for each right answer. As there is the provision of negative marking, the candidate should always ensure that they are putting the right answers to the question.
- The question paper will contain objective type questions, with four options for the question. The question paper will be asked in OMR pattern.
- Candidates are required to mark their answers by using only blue or black ball point pen.
- Each wrong answer, ¼ mark will be deducted from the total score.
- Negative marking will also be done for multiple answers for one question.
WBJEE Admit Card
Admit Card will be available to download in the first week of April, 2019. Candidates can download the admit card through the official website of WBJEE.
Candidates are required to bring the admit card along with one photograph at the examination centre
Allocation of examination centre will be based on the choices given by the candidate during Online form fill-up.
However, discretion of the Board in allocation of examination centre shall be final. No request for change of allocated centre will be entertained under any circumstances.
Result will be provided to students in the first week of June, 2019. Candidates can check the results by visiting the official site.
WBJEE Counselling & Admission
The counselling process will begin after the declaration of the results. The counselling for the entrance test will be done in three rounds.
Separate counselling is organized for candidates who have qualified JEE Main and WBJEE entrance examination via online mode.
The online counselling will start after the declaration of results. The counselling form can be availed from the third week of the month of June in the year 2019. For students who have qualified JEE Main, registration will start from the first week of the month of July.
Counselling Schedule for candidates
- On line registration, creation of password and payment of registration fee.
- Online choice filling
- Choice locking by candidates
- Choice locking by the system
- 1st round of seat allotment result declaration
- Physical reporting for document verification, initial fee payment, collection of allotment cards at RCs, withdrawal admission etc.
- 2nd round of seat allotment result
- Physical reporting for document verification at Reporting
- Centre after 2nd round of seat allotment/ withdrawal of admission/ initial fee payment.
- 3rd round of seat allotment result
- Physical reporting at reporting centre after 3rd round of seat allotment, initial fee payment .
- Physical reporting and admission at finally allotted institutes by all candidates, who have an allotted seat.
- E- admission process closes
WBJEE Results & Score Card
Results for entrance test will be announced via online mode. Candidates require checking the results from the official website.
The results will contain the scores and secured marks of the candidate. The entrance test will be held on 23rd April in the year 2019.
The results of the test will be announced tentatively on 5th June. Candidates can check their results online by entering the date of birth, Roll number and security pin which is displayed on the page. Announcement of results is followed by counselling.
Next, to this, seat allotment is accomplished for admission in the different Government Colleges, Private Self-financed institutions and Universities in the state of West Bengal.
WBJEE Participating Colleges
The different types of participating colleges are inclusive of Minority Institutes, Private Universities, Government Colleges, etc. There are almost 104 colleges which are affiliated to West Bengal Board.
These participating colleges provide admission to qualifying candidates in accordance with the performance in the entrance test. The admission of students in these courses will be based in accordance with their performance in West Bengal Joint in the year 2019.
Some of the participating institutes mention below:
- Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya – Kalyani
- University of Calcutta – Kolkata
- University of Kalyani, Science Instrumentation Centre – Kalyani
- Uttar Banga Krishi Viswavidyalaya – Cooch Behar.
List of WBJEE examination centres
List of Districts of examination 2019 :-
Ask & Answers
Is it possible to submit the Application form via offline mode?
Details on Application form:
- Submission of Application form has to be done via online mode.
- Application form will be made available in official website through online mode only.
- So the candidates can fill all the details and make the payment via online mode itself.
- Acknowledgement Form copy has to be kept for the future reference.
- There is no option for the submission of application form via offline mode.
At the time of Application form registration, which all documents are needed? Is it compulsion to upload the required documents?
Documents which are needed at the time of Application form registration are:
- Recent passport size photograph colored one, Candidate’s signature, category certificate, Left thumb impression, 10th marks card or Admit card and Income certificate.
- The documents should be of scanned images.
- If the candidate doesn’t upload any one of them, Application form wouldn’t be accepted.
I want to know about the details on Form Correction Window?
Details on Form Correction Window:
- One-time facility for the candidates in order to correct, modify or edit the information in Application form.
- Initially if the candidate has filled wrong information during WBJEE application process, they can correct it during the Form Correction Window.
- There is also Facility for Uploaded Images Correction.
Actually I have misplaced my Admit Card, so now how will I attend for online Counseling process?
- Admit Card is very much necessary till the admission process gets over.
- Aspirants need to produce the original Admit card at the time of Counselling process.
- If incase the candidate has misplaced the Admit card, then he/she required to collect Duplicate admit card and make the required payment of Rs 500.
- Then the admit card can be produced during Counseling process.
I want to know that if I won’t be able to re-upload the correct scanned image of photograph or signature, will my Application be accepted or not?
- Application form will not be accepted if the candidate wouldn’t re-upload the scanned images of photo or signature in a prescribed manner.
- Admit card will not be given to the candidate if the Application form filled is not in a proper format as per the guidelines.
- The candidates need to be careful while filling the details and uploading the appropriate documents in a right manner.
I want to get some Preparation tips for Physics subject?
Some of the Important Preparation tips for Physics subject:
- For physics subject there will be lot more of calculations as it has hefty formulae.
- The candidates need to prepare the important formulae which will guide them for saving their time during exam.
- The candidates have to maintain a Handbook of pocket size where they have to make a note on formulae, units, points and constants as per the subject relevant.
- The candidates need to solve more question papers pertaining to that subject which could be one of the best WBJEE Preparation tip for Physics subject.
In Application form, I need to make some correction of the data that has been given by me?
- In that case, the candidates need to wait for the release date of Form Correction Window in order to make changes in details provided by the candidate itself.
- The Correction Window helps students resurrect their mistakes done during the time of Application registration.
- Data such as Candidate’s name, Name of the Father, Mother, DOB and Gender can be corrected or modified at the time of Form Correction Window.
After I re-uploaded the scanned photo and signature in Application form, but what is this status of "Admin approval required"?
- Admin approval required is the status where if the aspirant re-uploads the documents in an inappropriate format and if it is notified to board,
- Then the SMS will be sent to the aspirant’s mobile number about the mistake done by the candidate while re-uploading the documents in Application form.
- Then the candidate needs to make the required correction in re-uploading of photo/signature in Application form.
As I want to check Result and I have actually forgotten my password, so what can be done?
Details to check Result:
- If the candidate has forgotten the password of the Result login page, then the candidate needs to click on ‘Forgot Password’ which will be mentioned below the login.
- Then the popup will ask you to enter your email address or mobile number.
- Then you will be able to access the new password to check the Result.
I want to how could one challenge for Answer Key if they have not satisfied with the Answer Keys?
- If the candidate is not satisfied with the Answer Key, there will be link given for challenging the model Answer Key.
- The candidates need to click on it.
- The candidate needs to make the payment of Rs 500 for 1 question.
- Payment has to be done via Credit/Debit/Net Banking or E-Challan.
- The payment what the candidate will do is non-refundable.
what all documents that have to be taken apart from Admit Card to the examination centre?
- Documents that has to be carried apart from Admit card are Institute Identity card, PAN Card/Aadhaar card/ Voter ID/ Driving License.
- 10th or 12th Admit card is also required.
- Admit card is very important for appearing to exam.
- If the candidate fails to carry then he/she will not be allowed for exam.
I want to know some important books for Preparation for Chemistry subject?
- Chemistry section takes less time to solve compared to other sections.
- If the fundamental is strong then the chemistry subject can be aced easily.
- For that preferable books are required for Preparation.
- Some of the Books for Preparation for Chemistry subject are:
- OP Tandon and AK Virmani’s - Organic Chemistry
- Pradeep’s – Chemistry
- NCERT – 12th Chemistry
I want to know the number of Participating Institutes this year?
- There are lot many colleges/institutes which accepts scores.
- The aspirants will be getting the allotment in any one of the institutes at the time of Counselling process.
- There are in and around 104 Participating Institutes who are going to give admission to the students who are eligible.
- Depending on the candidate’s performance the allotment of seat takes place.
I want to know the process of deciding the Cut off?
Details on the process of deciding the Cut off:
- If the aspirants are attending for both the papers of will get both PMA as well as GMR if they get same marks or above the cutoff.
- This will be decided by the West Bengal board itself.
- Depending on the institutes Cutoff differs.
- WBJEE Participating institutes will release their own cutoffs for their various programs.
If I have lost the original Rank Card, will I be able to get the duplicate one?
- If the candidate has lost the original Rank Card, they will get the duplicate rank card.
- The candidate needs to make the payment of Rs 500 in order to obtain the Rank Card of duplicate one.
- The payment has to be done via Demand Draft.
- Rank card has to be kept safe until THE admission process is not done.
May I know what all documents that has to be carried during the day of 2019 exam?
One must carry the following Documents during the Day of 2019 exam:
- One must need to carry a hard copy of Admit card i.e. Hall ticket.
- The candidate need to carry a copy of color photograph which was been uploaded in the online application form.
- One must carry any one original photo ID such as Aadhaar card or Pan Card or Voter ID or Passport or 10th standard admit card or School ID card.
Suppose, if I loose my original Rank card, will I be able to get the duplicate copy of it?
- As Rank card will be made available till the last week of July 2019. The candidates can download it via online.
- The candidates can also save in their Computer system after they download 2019 Rank card.
- Even if you want to opt for Duplicate rank card of 2019, even after the admission process from the WBJEE Board, the candidate can obtain till the last week of July 2019.
- The candidate need to pay the fee of Rs 500 via DD and can apply to the Board in the name of “West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board” payable in Kolkata.
If i want to challenge the Answer key, what shall i do?
In order to challenge the Answer key, the candidates have to do the following process:
- The one who are not satisfied with the responses given in the Answer key, they can raise their objections with valid proof and prescribed amount till the mentioned date and time.
- The amount that has to be paid costs Rs 500 per question.
- After considering the valid objections, the board will be going to publish the final Answer key and freeze it.
I wanted to know the Total Number of questions asked in exam and in which language the exam will be conducted?
- Total questions of 155 which are divided among Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
- Conducted via Offline mode or OMR pattern (Blue/Black Ball pen) with Total 4 Hours duration.
- Exam will be conducted in English language.
- The questions asked in exam is MCQs.
May I know, How to download Answer Keys?
- The candidates need to visit the official website in order to download Answer Keys.
- They are required to click on the link for the Answer Keys in the website.
- Answer keys will be put up on the screen.
- The candidates need to download Answer keys and they need to verify the answers.