WBJEE Latest Alerts/Notification/News
WBJEE 2018: Round 1 Seat Allotment Result released
WBJEE Exam: 2019 Application, Eligibility, Syllabus & Pattern
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board conducts an entrance examination every year in the month of April for admission of students in different undergraduate programs in engineering, pharmacy, and architecture in the state of West Bengal. A total of 36,000 seats is available in the participating colleges of the entrance test.
The entrance test will be conducted in 22 centers in offline mode in the state and nearby areas. The last date of applying is 4th February 2019. Candidates who have filed the application for the entrance test are eligible for modifying their forms on the official website. The correction window form will run from 6th February to 8th February. You can make corrections during the specified period.
For the academic year 2019-20, candidates require uploading the signature, photograph and thumb impression only. The test will be conducted across different states of Tripura, Assam and West Bengal. The examination will be conducted in offline mode. Candidates should make sure to bring the admit card during the examination. Candidates qualifying this screening test are considered eligible for direct admission to various government and private engineering colleges in West Bengal.
The cut off determine the choice of candidates in a specific course. Candidates need to secure rank or score equivalent to the WBJEE cut off 2019 for being eligible for counselling. The cut-off list will be accomplished in accordance with the performance of candidates in Mathematics, Chemistry, and Physics.
WBJEE Exam Date
The date entrance exam has been scheduled on 23rd April 2019
Online application begins
First week of January, 2019
Last date of online application
Last week of February, 2019
Admit card download
First week of April, 2019
Third week of May, 2019
First week of June, 2019
Publication of information brochure
Last week of December, 2019
Last date to upload documents
First week of March, 2019
Last date of fee payment
Second week of March, 2019
Last date to print confirmation page
Last week of March, 2019
Second week of March, 2019
WBJEE Eligibility criteria
What are the eligibility criteria ?
- Candidate has to be an Indian citizen.
- Candidate should be a domicile of West Bengal.
- Candidate’s age has to be a minimum of 17 years as on December 31, 2018.
- Candidate should have obtained minimum 45% as an aggregate of the three subjects (PCM) in 10+2.
- In case of reserved category candidate should attain minimum of 40% in 10+2 (PCM).
WBJEE Application Form & fees
What are the mandatory documents required to register ?
- Latest colored passport size photograph of the candidate.
- Candidate’s left hand thumb impression
- Signature of the candidate.
- Category certificate of the candidate if applicable.
- Domicile certificate
- Registration certificate/ admit card/ mark sheet of class 10th
- Income certificate of candidate’s parents or guardian.
- PWD certificate
When is the last date to register and the procedure to apply ?
- Application form will be available through online mode from official website.
- Candidates have to upload their scanned documents during registration.
- Candidates are informed to keep the printout of the confirmation page for further reference.
- Mistakes can be rectified by the candidates while filling the form before the last date of window correction.
- Candidates will get the application form from for registration from 19th December 2018.
What are the guidelines to be followed while choosing exam centers?
- WBJEE 2018 exam will be conducted across 22 districts among which 20 districts.
- Candidates are supposed to select any two examination centers.
- The first option provided by the candidate will be allotted by the board.
- Board also reserves the right in allotment any examination center to the candidates.
- Requests regarding change of examination center will not be entertained.
- Board reserves the right to drop any examination center if there are an inadequate number of students enrolled in that center.
WBJEE Syllabus & Exam Pattern
What is the exam patter ?
- Exam will be held through offline mode
- Question paper will consist of 200 marks.
- Question will comprise of multiple choice questions.
- Candidates should use blue/black ball point pen for darkening the appropriate circle completely.
- Question paper will comprise of three subjects: Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
- Total 155 questions will be asked in the examination.
- There will be negative marking for incorrect answers.
What is exam syllabus for engineering?
Exams syllabus for engineering is segregated into three subjects, namely:
Physical World, Measurements, Units & dimensions, Kinematics, Laws of motion, Work, power, energy, Motion of centre of mass, connected systems, Friction, Gravitation, Bulk properties of matter, Viscosity, Heat & Thermal Physics, Thermodynamics, Kinetic theory of gases, Oscillations & Waves, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic effect of current, Magnetics, Electromagnetic induction & alternating current, Electromagnetic waves, Optics I (Ray optics),Optics II (Wave Optics),Particle nature of light & wave particle dualism, Atomic Physics, Nuclear Physics, Solid state Electronic
Algebra: A.P., G.P., H.P, Logarithms, Complex Numbers, Quadratic Equations, Permutation and combination, Principle of mathematical induction, Binomial theorem (positive integral index)
Matrices :Sets, Relations and Mappings, Statistics and Probability, Trigonometry, Coordinate geometry of two dimensions, Co-ordinate geometry of three dimensions,Differential calculus, Integral calculus, Differential Equations, Application of Calculus, Vectors
Atoms, Molecules and Chemical Arithmetic, Atomic Structure, Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry, The Periodic Table and Chemical Families, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, Coordination Compounds, Solid State, Liquid State, Gaseous State, Chemical Energetics and Chemical Dynamics, Physical Chemistry of Solutions, Ionic and Redox Equilibria, Hydrogen, Chemistry of Non-Metallic Elements and their Compounds, Chemistry of Metals, Chemistry in Industry, Polymers, Surface Chemistry, Environmental Chemistry, Chemistry of Carbon Compounds, Aliphatic Compounds, Haloalkanes and Haloarenes, Alcohols, Ethers, Aldehydes and Ketones, Carboxylic Acids, Aliphatic Amines, Aromatic Compounds, Application Oriented chemistry, Introduction to Bio-Molecules, Principles of Qualitative Analysis
Science of Life, Chemical constituents of living cells, Chromosome, Cell division, Genetics and Evolution, Molecular basis of inheritance, Evolution, Morphological variations and structural organization, Physiology and Biochemistry
Animals: Human Plants, Taxonomy, Systematics and Biodiversity, Ecology and Environment, Biodiversity and Conservation, Environmental issues, Microbes and human welfare, Health and diseases, Biotechnology and its applications
WBJEE Admit Card
When and how can I download the admit card ?
- Admit card for will be released on 10th April 2019
- Candidate can download the admit card from the official website
- Candidate can login using registration number and password.
- admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Candidates are requested to check all of the information present in the admit card.
- Candidate can download and take the printout of the generated admit card.
WBJEE Counselling & Admission
On what date the counseling start? What is its procedure?
- Counseling for will start from the 18th of June 2019.
- Candidate can register online for counseling.
- Candidate can choose choice filling as per his/her preference.
- Seat Allocation will be done according to the eligibility of the candidate.
- After document verification candidate will be allotted seat in college.
- After the Confirmation candidate can take admission in the allotted college.
WBJEE Results & Score Card
What is the score patter ?
Question paper is divided into three categories
Right answer will yield 1 mark
Wrong answer will yield -1/4 i.e. negative mark
Combination of right and wrong answer will yield -1/4 negative mark.
Correct answer will provide 2 marks
Incorrect answer will provide negative -½ marks
Combination of right and wrong answer will provide -1/2 negative mark.
All correct answers will yield 2 (two) marks.
For any combination of answers containing one or more incorrect options, answer will be treated as incorrect and it will yield zero (0) mark.
partially correct answers contains 2 marks
On what date will the result announced? How can it be accessed?
- result will be announced on 5th of June .
- Candidates have to login using their application number and password.
- The result and rank card will be displayed on the screen.
- The candidates will have to download and print the rank card for future use.
WBJEE Participating Colleges
The different types of participating colleges are inclusive of Minority Institutes, Private Universities, Government Colleges, etc. There are almost 104 colleges which are affiliated to West Bengal Board. These participating colleges provide admission to qualifying candidates in accordance with the performance in the entrance test.
The admission of students in these courses will be based in accordance with their performance in West Bengal Joint in the year.
Some of the participating institutes mention below:
- Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya – Kalyani
- University of Calcutta – Kolkata
- University of Kalyani, Science Instrumentation Centre – Kalyani
- Uttar Banga Krishi Viswavidyalaya – Cooch Behar.
- West Bengal University of Animal & Fishery Sciences – Haringhata, Kalyani
- Jadavpur University – Kolkata
- Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology – Salt Lake
- University Institute of Technology, Burdwan University – Burdwan
- Government College of Engineering and Leather Technology – Salt Lake
- Govt. College of Engg. & Textile Technology – Berhampur
List of WBJEE examination centres
List of Districts for examination :-
South Budge Budge Diamond
Ask & Answers
Is it possible to submit the Application form via offline mode?
Details on Application form:
- Submission of Application form has to be done via online mode.
- Application form will be made available in official website through online mode only.
- So the candidates can fill all the details and make the payment via online mode itself.
- Acknowledgement Form copy has to be kept for the future reference.
- There is no option for the submission of application form via offline mode.
At the time of Application form registration, which all documents are needed? Is it compulsion to upload the required documents?
Documents which are needed at the time of Application form registration are:
- Recent passport size photograph colored one, Candidate’s signature, category certificate, Left thumb impression, 10th marks card or Admit card and Income certificate.
- The documents should be of scanned images.
- If the candidate doesn’t upload any one of them, Application form wouldn’t be accepted.
I want to know about the details on Form Correction Window?
Details on Form Correction Window:
- One-time facility for the candidates in order to correct, modify or edit the information in Application form.
- Initially if the candidate has filled wrong information during WBJEE application process, they can correct it during the Form Correction Window.
- There is also Facility for Uploaded Images Correction.
Actually I have misplaced my Admit Card, so now how will I attend for online Counseling process?
- Admit Card is very much necessary till the admission process gets over.
- Aspirants need to produce the original Admit card at the time of Counselling process.
- If incase the candidate has misplaced the Admit card, then he/she required to collect Duplicate admit card and make the required payment of Rs 500.
- Then the admit card can be produced during Counseling process.
I want to know that if I won’t be able to re-upload the correct scanned image of photograph or signature, will my Application be accepted or not?
- Application form will not be accepted if the candidate wouldn’t re-upload the scanned images of photo or signature in a prescribed manner.
- Admit card will not be given to the candidate if the Application form filled is not in a proper format as per the guidelines.
- The candidates need to be careful while filling the details and uploading the appropriate documents in a right manner.
I want to get some Preparation tips for Physics subject?
Some of the Important Preparation tips for Physics subject:
- For physics subject there will be lot more of calculations as it has hefty formulae.
- The candidates need to prepare the important formulae which will guide them for saving their time during exam.
- The candidates have to maintain a Handbook of pocket size where they have to make a note on formulae, units, points and constants as per the subject relevant.
- The candidates need to solve more question papers pertaining to that subject which could be one of the best WBJEE Preparation tip for Physics subject.
In Application form, I need to make some correction of the data that has been given by me?
- In that case, the candidates need to wait for the release date of Form Correction Window in order to make changes in details provided by the candidate itself.
- The Correction Window helps students resurrect their mistakes done during the time of Application registration.
- Data such as Candidate’s name, Name of the Father, Mother, DOB and Gender can be corrected or modified at the time of Form Correction Window.
After I re-uploaded the scanned photo and signature in Application form, but what is this status of "Admin approval required"?
- Admin approval required is the status where if the aspirant re-uploads the documents in an inappropriate format and if it is notified to board,
- Then the SMS will be sent to the aspirant’s mobile number about the mistake done by the candidate while re-uploading the documents in Application form.
- Then the candidate needs to make the required correction in re-uploading of photo/signature in Application form.
As I want to check Result and I have actually forgotten my password, so what can be done?
Details to check Result:
- If the candidate has forgotten the password of the Result login page, then the candidate needs to click on ‘Forgot Password’ which will be mentioned below the login.
- Then the popup will ask you to enter your email address or mobile number.
- Then you will be able to access the new password to check the Result.
I want to how could one challenge for Answer Key if they have not satisfied with the Answer Keys?
- If the candidate is not satisfied with the Answer Key, there will be link given for challenging the model Answer Key.
- The candidates need to click on it.
- The candidate needs to make the payment of Rs 500 for 1 question.
- Payment has to be done via Credit/Debit/Net Banking or E-Challan.
- The payment what the candidate will do is non-refundable.
what all documents that have to be taken apart from Admit Card to the examination centre?
- Documents that has to be carried apart from Admit card are Institute Identity card, PAN Card/Aadhaar card/ Voter ID/ Driving License.
- 10th or 12th Admit card is also required.
- Admit card is very important for appearing to exam.
- If the candidate fails to carry then he/she will not be allowed for exam.
I want to know some important books for Preparation for Chemistry subject?
- Chemistry section takes less time to solve compared to other sections.
- If the fundamental is strong then the chemistry subject can be aced easily.
- For that preferable books are required for Preparation.
- Some of the Books for Preparation for Chemistry subject are:
- OP Tandon and AK Virmani’s - Organic Chemistry
- Pradeep’s – Chemistry
- NCERT – 12th Chemistry
I want to know the number of Participating Institutes this year?
- There are lot many colleges/institutes which accepts scores.
- The aspirants will be getting the allotment in any one of the institutes at the time of Counselling process.
- There are in and around 104 Participating Institutes who are going to give admission to the students who are eligible.
- Depending on the candidate’s performance the allotment of seat takes place.
I want to know the process of deciding the Cut off?
Details on the process of deciding the Cut off:
- If the aspirants are attending for both the papers of will get both PMA as well as GMR if they get same marks or above the cutoff.
- This will be decided by the West Bengal board itself.
- Depending on the institutes Cutoff differs.
- WBJEE Participating institutes will release their own cutoffs for their various programs.
If I have lost the original Rank Card, will I be able to get the duplicate one?
- If the candidate has lost the original Rank Card, they will get the duplicate rank card.
- The candidate needs to make the payment of Rs 500 in order to obtain the Rank Card of duplicate one.
- The payment has to be done via Demand Draft.
- Rank card has to be kept safe until THE admission process is not done.
May I know what all documents that has to be carried during the day of 2019 exam?
One must carry the following Documents during the Day of 2019 exam:
- One must need to carry a hard copy of Admit card i.e. Hall ticket.
- The candidate need to carry a copy of color photograph which was been uploaded in the online application form.
- One must carry any one original photo ID such as Aadhaar card or Pan Card or Voter ID or Passport or 10th standard admit card or School ID card.
Suppose, if I loose my original Rank card, will I be able to get the duplicate copy of it?
- As Rank card will be made available till the last week of July 2019. The candidates can download it via online.
- The candidates can also save in their Computer system after they download 2019 Rank card.
- Even if you want to opt for Duplicate rank card of 2019, even after the admission process from the WBJEE Board, the candidate can obtain till the last week of July 2019.
- The candidate need to pay the fee of Rs 500 via DD and can apply to the Board in the name of “West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board” payable in Kolkata.
If i want to challenge the Answer key, what shall i do?
In order to challenge the Answer key, the candidates have to do the following process:
- The one who are not satisfied with the responses given in the Answer key, they can raise their objections with valid proof and prescribed amount till the mentioned date and time.
- The amount that has to be paid costs Rs 500 per question.
- After considering the valid objections, the board will be going to publish the final Answer key and freeze it.
I wanted to know the Total Number of questions asked in exam and in which language the exam will be conducted?
- Total questions of 155 which are divided among Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
- Conducted via Offline mode or OMR pattern (Blue/Black Ball pen) with Total 4 Hours duration.
- Exam will be conducted in English language.
- The questions asked in exam is MCQs.
May I know, How to download Answer Keys?
- The candidates need to visit the official website in order to download Answer Keys.
- They are required to click on the link for the Answer Keys in the website.
- Answer keys will be put up on the screen.
- The candidates need to download Answer keys and they need to verify the answers.