SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Examination [SRMJEEE]
SRMJEEE happens to be a national level entrance examination which is conducted every year in the month of April. The exam is conducted with an eye to providing admission in undegraduate courses at the four campuses of Kattan Kulathur, Vadapalani, Ramapuram and NCR Ghaziabad. SRM University counts to be the official authority of this entrance test. Students can apply for the examination in October.
This entrance test grants admission to almost 7,000 undergraduate students. Candidates are offered admission to different B.Tech programs in accordance with their performance in SRMJEE test. It is recommended to have detailed information about the exam pattern of the entrance test. This will assist in providing better performance in the test. The question paper for the entrance test is Multiple Choice Questions. The question paper is divided into four parts.
Part 1 consists of 35 questions in Mathematics. Part 2 comes with 35 questions in Physics. Part 3 and part 4 consists of 35 questions in Chemistry and Biology. It is essential to fulfill the elligible criteria for appearing in this entrance test. Candidates can fill the application form for entrance test offline as well as online. The payment for the application form can be done offline, online or via demand draft.
SRMJEEE Exam Date
Prospectus Availability Date
Third week of October
Last date for receipt of application form
Third week of March
Slot Booking Starts from
Last week of March
Downloading of Hall Ticket
Last week of March
SRMJEEE Eligibility criteria
In Order to apply for Btech program at SRM University campuses, the candidates need to apply for exam. It is mandatory for all the candidates to fulfill the SRMJEEE eligibility criteria in order to appear for the exam. Application form is made available in the official website.
Let us explore the complete details regarding Eligibility criteria
Qualification Criteria :
- The Aspirants need to qualify in 10th, 12th examination.
- Subjects: Physics, Chemistry and Maths/Biology/Biotechnology as major subjects from any state board (India), CBSE.
Percentage Criteria :
- 60% marks aggregate in PCM for SRM Kattankulathur campus, 50% for SRM Ramapuram and Vadapalani campuses, 70% for SRM Amravati, 50% for SRM Haryana, 55% for NCR & Delhi campus.
- For SRMJEEE 2018 Applicant must be a citizen of India and should have qualified 11th, 12th exam from the education board of India.
- Applicant should be of an Indian Resident, Non Resident Indian, PIO or OCI holder.
Age criteria :
- Applicants should have completed 17 years on or before 31st December at the time and year of the admissions in SRM University.
- Applicants possess International Baccalaureate with Diploma or A-level with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology/Biotechnology as major subjects in any Indian International schools.
SRMJEEE Application Form & fees
The sale of the prospectus for this examination has been initiated from October. Students will have the option to file the application form online as well as offline. The last date for the submission of application form has been scheduled on 31st March.
SRMJEEE Syllabus & Exam Pattern
The syllabus for this examination will include topics from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology, resembling the standard of the higher secondary examination.
The examination will have 4 parts with 35 question carrying 105 marks each for the 1st and 2nd parts from Physics and Chemistry. The 3rd part of the examination will have 35 questions from Mathematics, accounting for 105 marks.
SRMJEEE Admit Card
Candidates, having submitted the application form in the prescribed format successfully and in adherence to the timeline will get the admit card. This card will contain the important information related to the examination.
Admit card will be available for download from the first week of April. Students can take print out of the downloaded admit card.
SRMJEEE Results & Score Card
The results will be announced tentatively on the first week of the month of May. You can view the result on the official website of SRM University. Details related to the results scored by the candidate will be messaged to the candidate on the registered mobile number.
SRMJEEE Counselling & Admission
Shortlisted candidates will be needed to be present in the counselling venue for admission. The tentative dates for counselling Round 1 are from 5th to 9th May. If seats are not filled, counselling for Round II will be conducted after 11th May.
SRMJEEE Participating Colleges
SRMJEEE happens to be a national level engineering entrance test which will be conducted in April. The test offers admission to around 7,000 undergraduate students across different campuses. It is a must for the candidates to score an aggregate of 65% in Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics. Colleges take rank and score for allocating the seat.
List of SRMJEEE examination centres
List of cities where will be conducted:-
For Online Exam:
Hyderabad, Rajahmundry, Tirupathi, Vijayawada, Vishakhapatnam, Warangal, Guwahati, Patna, Chandigarh, Raipur, Ahmedabad, Gurgaon, Jamshedpur, Ranchi, Bangalore, Bhopal, Indore, New Delhi, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Coimbatore, Allahabad, Kanpur, Noida, Lucknow, Dehradun etc.
Contact Address of Administrative Office :
SRM Nagar, Kattankulathur
Tamil Nadu -60203
Phone No.: +91-44-27417400
Ask & Answers
May I know, when and how can I get Result?
Results announcement will be made in the month of May on the SRM University’s official website. The candidate will also be informed via SMS on the registered mobile number.
Is it mandatory to write exam to get Btech admissions to SRM University?
Yes, it is mandatory for the candidates to write exam to get Btech admissions to SRM University.
- University level exam for the admissions to Btech and MTech program at SRM University.
- Candidates need to fill the online Application form till 31st March.
- For the offline Application form, the last date is till 1st March.
- Exam will be held from 16th April to 30th April 30 via online mode by SRM University.
I wanted to know the Eligibility criteria for Btech admissions?
Eligibility criteria for Btech Admissions:
- Qualification criteria: The candidates should have qualified in 10th, 12th examination from recognized board for the eligibility.
- Compulsory subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Maths/Biology/Biotechnology.
- Percentage Criteria: PCM subjects, 60% aggregate for Kattankulathur campus, 50% for Ramapuram and Vadapalani campuses, 70% for Amravati, 50% for Haryana.
- Nationality: Aspirants who are Resident Indian and Non-Resident Indian (NRI) will have the SRMJEEE Eligibility.
May I know, How to fill the Application form?
- The candidates need to visit the official website in order to register and fill the Application form.
- They can fill the Application form by providing all the details via online mode.
- They must upload the relevant documents such as Signature and Photograph.
- Application form fee costs Rs 1100.
- The Payment of the Fee can be done via Debit/Credit card/ net banking or by DD.
- One must need to take out the print out of the filled Application form and which will be useful for Future Reference.
Can I know, how could I download Admit card?
- The candidates are required to visit the official website and they need to first book the examination slots.
- In order to book the slots , they have to login in to their respective account by the usage of their email ID and password.
- After booking the slots, the candidate needs to download the Admit card form for that the respective link will be provided in the website.
- After the download, aspirants need to keep the Admit card safely.
For Btech program, I wanted to know the details regarding Exam pattern?
Exam pattern details:
- Exam will have 3 subjects: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Exam will be scheduled online via Computer based test.
- Exam paper will be made available in English language.
- Exam pattern, there will be total questions of 105. From each section, 35 questions will be asked.
- Exam pattern, for each correct response, 3 marks will be provided.
- Exam duration is of 2 hours 30 minutes.
- There is no negative marking system.