SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Examination [SRMJEEE]
SRMJEEE 2019 happens to be a national level entrance examination which is conducted every year in the month of April. The exam is conducted with an eye to providing admission in undegraduate courses at the four campuses of Kattan Kulathur, Vadapalani, Ramapuram and NCR Ghaziabad. SRM University counts to be the official authority of this entrance test. Students can apply for the examination in October.
This entrance test grants admission to almost 7,000 undergraduate students. Candidates are offered admission to different B.Tech programs in accordance with their performance in SRMJEE test. It is recommended to have detailed information about the exam pattern of the entrance test. This will assist in providing better performance in the test. The question paper for the entrance test is Multiple Choice Questions. The question paper is divided into four parts.
Part 1 consists of 35 questions in Mathematics. Part 2 comes with 35 questions in Physics. Part 3 and part 4 consists of 35 questions in Chemistry and Biology. It is essential to fulfill the elligible criteria for appearing in this entrance test. Candidates can fill the application form for entrance test offline as well as online. The payment for the application form can be done offline, online or via demand draft.
SRMJEEE Exam Date
The examination is conducted online and for this year, the examination will swing between 1st and 30th April. To appear in this examination, candidates should book their slot that they can do until 31st March 2019.
Prospectus Availability Date
Third week of October, 2018
Last date for receipt of application form
Third week of March, 2019
Slot Booking Starts from
Last week of March, 2019
Downloading of Hall Ticket
Last week of March, 2019
SRMJEEE Eligibility criteria
In Order to apply for Btech program at SRM University campuses, the candidates need to apply for exam. It is mandatory for all the candidates to fulfill the SRMJEEE 2018 eligibility criteria in order to appear for the exam. Application form is made available in the official website.
Let us explore the complete details regarding Eligibility criteria
Qualification Criteria :
- The Aspirants need to qualify in 10th, 12th examination.
- Subjects: Physics, Chemistry and Maths/Biology/Biotechnology as major subjects from any state board (India), CBSE.
Percentage Criteria :
- 60% marks aggregate in PCM for SRM Kattankulathur campus, 50% for SRM Ramapuram and Vadapalani campuses, 70% for SRM Amravati, 50% for SRM Haryana, 55% for NCR & Delhi campus.
- For SRMJEEE 2018 Applicant must be a citizen of India and should have qualified 11th, 12th exam from the education board of India.
- Applicant should be of an Indian Resident, Non Resident Indian, PIO or OCI holder.
Age criteria :
- Applicants should have completed 17 years on or before 31st December at the time and year of the admissions in SRM University.
- Applicants possess International Baccalaureate with Diploma or A-level with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology/Biotechnology as major subjects in any Indian International schools.
SRMJEEE Application Form & fees
The sale of the prospectus for this examination has been initiated from October 2018. Students will have the option to file the application form online as well as offline. The last date for the submission of application form has been scheduled on 31st March 2019. Candidates can file the application form online and remit the payable fees in this regard through internet banking or through debit and credit card. The application form can be submitted at the University campus along with the application fee. In addition, candidates can file the application form online and remit the application fee through DD, submitting it at the University campus.
The application form will be available from 31st March 2019.
- The candidates have to complete of registration process , after completion the login ID and password is provided to the candidates.
- Through this login ID and password, the candidates can activate their account and fill the application form.
- Online with Demand Draft: Application to be filled online by visiting www.srmuniv.ac.in and the same can be downloaded and sent to us with the DD for Rs.1000/- drawn in favour of SRMIST, payable at Chennai
This has to reach us before the last date specified. Candidates should write their name and address on the reverse of DD and send to "The Director, the Directorate of Admissions, SRM University, Kattankulathur-603203", Kancheepuram District, Tamil Nadu
SRMJEEE Syllabus & Exam Pattern
The syllabus for this examination will include topics from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology, resembling the standard of the higher secondary examination. Preparation for this examination should involve detailed study of the topics covered in the higher secondary examination.
- Exam is the computer based test (CBT) containing objective type questions
- There is negative marking with 1 mark deducted for every wrong answer in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry 0.7 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer in Biology.
- The Paper Pattern will comprise a total of 4 segments and 140 questions with 35 questions for each segment.
The examination will have 4 parts with 35 question carrying 105 marks each for the 1st and 2nd parts from Physics and Chemistry. The 3rd part of the examination will have 35 questions from Mathematics, accounting for 105 marks. As for the 4th part, candidates will have to answer another set of 35 questions from Biology, carrying 105 marks. For PCM papers, there will be negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer while 3 marks will be deducted for every 4 wrong answers for Biology.
- Units and Measurement Mechanics
- Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
- Oscillations and Wave Motion Heat and Thermodynamics
- Ray and Wave Optics and Magnetism
- Electricity and Magnetism Atomic Physics
- Dual Nature of Matter and Nuclear Physics
- Electronics and Communication
- Some Basic Concepts in Chemistry States of Matter
- Chemical Families–Periodic Properties
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Chemical Energetics Chemical Thermodynamics Solutions
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Surface Chemistry, Chemical Kinetics and Catalysis Purification and Characterisation of Organic Compounds
- Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry
- Hydrocarbons Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen Polymers
- Bio Molecules
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Sets, Relations and Functions
- Complex Numbers
- Matrices and Determinants Applications of Matrices and Determinants
- Quadratic Equations
- Permutations and Combinations
- Mathematical Induction and its Applications Binomial theorem and its Applications Sequences and Series Differential Calculus
- Applications of Differential Calculus Integral Calculus Differential Equations Straight Lines in Two Dimensions
- Circles in Two Dimensions
- Conic Sections in Two Dimensions Vector Algebra
- Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion
- Probability Trigonometry
SRMJEEE Admit Card
Candidates, having submitted the application form in the prescribed format successfully and in adherence to the timeline will get the admit card. This card will contain the important information related to the examination. If discrepancies are noted in the admit card, candidates should bring it under the notice of the authority for the necessary changes.
Candidates can download the addmit card from the official website of . Admit card will be available for download from the first week of April 2019. Students can take print out of the downloaded admit card.
- The admit card will be issued after the slot booking process in the last week of March 2018.
- Candidates can download their admit card from the official website of SRM University. The admit card bears the name, photograph and address of the candidates. Also, it contains the test venue and test schedule.
SRMJEEE Results & Score Card
The results will be announced tentatively on the first week of the month of May. You can view the result on the official website of SRM University. Details related to the results scored by the candidate will be messaged to the candidate on the registered mobile number. After the declaration of the result, authority will prepare the merit list on the basis of marks scored in the entrance test. The results will consist of the rank and score of qualified candidates. The counselling will be conducted in accordance with the rank list.
- Result will be available on the official website of SRM University in the month of May, 2019 .
- The information related to the rank obtained by the candidate will be provided to the candidates via SMS that will be send to the candidate’s registered mobile number. After the announcement of result, merit list will be prepared according to the marks secured by the candidate in entrance examination.
SRMJEEE Counselling & Admission
Shortlisted candidates will be needed to be present in the counselling venue for admission. The tentative dates for counselling Round 1 are from 5th to 9th May. If seats are not filled, counselling for Round II will be conducted after 11th May, 2018. Candidates who have qualified for the entrance examination and scored ranking will be called for counselling in accordance with the marks scored . It is a prerequisite for the candidates to fill the eligibility criteria set by the authority. Counselling sessions will vary in accordance with the vacant seats. It is mandatory to pay specified tuition fees during counselling for admission.
The counselling will be conducted in two rounds. Qualified candidates will be called as per the order of the merit list and seat will be allocated accordingly. The counselling will commence in the 2nd week of May 2018.
There are only some steps and stages that a student must have to follow during counselling process.
Online Choice Filling:
In this step, qualified/registered students who have paid the registration cum counselling fee are necessary to apply their preference of University or Institute and Branch in order of their choices.
Choice Locking & Printing of Locked Choices:
In this step, Choices filled by contender will be locked automatically after registration period is over and applicants have to take the print out of the filled choices only after closing of choice filling in that particular round.
During this step, the preferences submitted by the contenders will be processed centrally and seats will be selected in the order of merit.
After seat allotment candidates may need to pay either through e-challan or online mode only and after that they may download the Online Provisional Admission letter. After that, rounds of allotment will be started and also the Withdrawal of Allotted Seat and Refund of Fees session will be proposed.
SRMJEEE Participating Colleges
National level engineering entrance test whicch will be conducted in April 2019. The test offers admission to around 7,000 undergraduate students across different campuses. It is a must for the candidates to score an aggregate of 65% in Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics. Colleges take rank and score for allocating the seat.
There are five different participating institutes. The colleges are
- SRM University Sonepat, Haryana,
- SRM University, NCR Campus, Delhi,
- SRM University, Ramapuram Campus, SRM University, Vadapalani Campus and
- SRM University, Kattankulathur Campus.
List of SRMJEEE examination centres
List of cities where will be conducted in 2019:-
For Online Exam:
Hyderabad, Rajahmundry, Tirupathi, Vijayawada, Vishakhapatnam, Warangal, Guwahati, Patna, Chandigarh, Raipur, Ahmedabad, Gurgaon, Jamshedpur, Ranchi, Bangalore, Bhopal, Indore, New Delhi, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Coimbatore, Allahabad, Kanpur, Noida, Lucknow, Dehradun etc.
For Paper-Pencil Exam:
Port Blair, Hyderabad, Tirupathi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Warangal, Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Muzaffarpur, Samantapuri, Chandigarh, Bilaspur, Raipur, Ahmedabad, Surat, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Shimla, Jammu Srinagar, Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Mumbai, New Delhi etc.
Ask & Answers
May I know, when and how can I get Result?
Results announcement will be made in the month of May on the SRM University’s official website. The candidate will also be informed via SMS on the registered mobile number.
Is it mandatory to write exam to get Btech admissions to SRM University?
Yes, it is mandatory for the candidates to write exam to get Btech admissions to SRM University.
- University level exam for the admissions to Btech and MTech program at SRM University.
- Candidates need to fill the online Application form till 31st March 2019.
- For the offline Application form, the last date is till 1st March 2019.
- Exam will be held from 16th April to 30th April 30, 2019 via online mode by SRM University.
I wanted to know the Eligibility criteria for Btech admissions?
Eligibility criteria for Btech Admissions:
- Qualification criteria: The candidates should have qualified in 10th, 12th examination from recognized board for the eligibility.
- Compulsory subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Maths/Biology/Biotechnology.
- Percentage Criteria: PCM subjects, 60% aggregate for Kattankulathur campus, 50% for Ramapuram and Vadapalani campuses, 70% for Amravati, 50% for Haryana.
- Nationality: Aspirants who are Resident Indian and Non-Resident Indian (NRI) will have the SRMJEEE Eligibility.
May I know, How to fill the Application form?
- The candidates need to visit the official website in order to register and fill the Application form.
- They can fill the Application form by providing all the details via online mode.
- They must upload the relevant documents such as Signature and Photograph.
- Application form fee costs Rs 1100.
- The Payment of the Fee can be done via Debit/Credit card/ net banking or by DD.
- One must need to take out the print out of the filled Application form and which will be useful for Future Reference.
Can I know, how could I download Admit card?
- The candidates are required to visit the official website and they need to first book the examination slots.
- In order to book the slots , they have to login in to their respective account by the usage of their email ID and password.
- After booking the slots, the candidate needs to download the Admit card form for that the respective link will be provided in the website.
- After the download, aspirants need to keep the Admit card safely.
For Btech program, I wanted to know the details regarding Exam pattern?
Exam pattern details:
- Exam will have 3 subjects: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Exam will be scheduled online via Computer based test.
- Exam paper will be made available in English language.
- Exam pattern, there will be total questions of 105. From each section, 35 questions will be asked.
- Exam pattern, for each correct response, 3 marks will be provided.
- Exam duration is of 2 hours 30 minutes.
- There is no negative marking system.