JoSAA administers a collaborative counselling process for JEE Main & JEE Main advanced qualified students at NITs, IITs, and GFTIs. After completing the JoSAA counselling process, CSAB (Central Seat allocation board) administrates the counselling for vacant seats if seats remain vacant. The counselling for supernumerary admission seats at North East & Union Territories Colleges will be done through CSAB NEUT. Also, CSAB conducts counselling for 18 Self Financing Technical Institutes (SFTIs). After the JEE Main 2024 Results declaration, the competent authority will announce the JEE Main 2024 Counselling dates. Per the tentative JEE Main 2024 Schedule, the JoSAA/JEE Main 2024 Counselling will be conducted in July 2024. Candidates can check the complete JEE Main 2024 Counselling & Admission Process in this article.
The JEE Main 2024 Counselling process includes certain steps: JEE Main 2024 Counselling Registration, choice filling round, seat allotment process, seat acceptance, and the final step is to report at the allotted institute. The counselling schedule for JEE Main 2024 will be available on the official website. Therefore, candidates must know all the important dates for counselling sessions. To be noted, only JEE Main qualifiers are allowed to participate in the counselling session.
JoSAA JEE Main 2024 Counseling Procedure
Candidates who are participating in JEE Main 2024 counselling must undergo various steps. We have mentioned the step-by-step procedure concluded in JEE Main 2024 counselling.
Step 1: JEE Main 2024 Counselling Online Registration:
- At first, candidates must register to engage in the JEE Main counselling process.
- Henceforth, visit the official website of JoSAA. Then log in to the JoSAA candidate portal.
- To log in, enter your JEE Main 2024 roll number and password. Upon successful login, JEE Main counselling registration form will display on the screen.
- Fill out the registration form completely. After completing all the fields, click the "Confirm Registration" button.
Step 2: Choice Filling & Locking:
- Upon successful registration, candidates must fill out and lock their choices (Institute/Courses).
- Candidates are advised to fill in as many choices as possible to increase their chances of admission.
- Don't forget to lock the options when you finish filling them out. Candidates' last saved choices will be locked automatically if they neglect to lock their choices.
- To be noted, JOSAA 2024 choice filling must be done within a specified time limit.
Step 3: Provisional Seat Allotment
- Candidates will be assigned seats based on their choices. Candidates must print the "Provisional Seat Allocation Letter" and the e-challan for seat acceptance.
- Candidates must select whether to slide, feeze or float for the subsequent rounds while accepting the seat.
- The JEE Main 2024 mock seat allotment process will help the aspirants understand the allotted seats based on their preferences.
- If students are unsatisfied with the allotted seats, the aspirants can change their preferences after the mock allotment round.
Step 4: Final Seat Allotment
JoSAA will organize a total of 6 rounds of the seat allotment process. The seat allotment procedure of JoSAA/JEE Main depends on merit, options filled, category, availability of seats selected preferences, and availability of seats.
Step 5: Seat Acceptance and Fee Payment
- The seat acceptance fees for reserved categories will be Rs. 20,000/- and Rs. 45,000/- for general candidates.
- Candidates must pay the fee using an e-challan or SBI net banking account. Candidates who pay their fees using an e-challan must print it off for future reference.
Step 6: Verification at the Allotted Reporting Center:
- After paying the seat acceptance fee, candidates must report to the assigned reporting centre for proper verification.
- The needed documents (listed in the next section) must be brought to the centre by the candidates.
- After the reporting centre verifies the documents, the seat will be confirmed. Candidates who fail to report to the designated centre will revoke their offer.
Step 7. Reporting to the Allotted College:
Candidates must report to the allotted college or institution once the reporting centre has confirmed their seat. In addition, students must show the required paperwork and receipt of entrance fees to their assigned college.
Documents are required for seat allotment.
- You should obtain three passport-size images identical to those submitted and used during registration.
- Photo identification card
- JoSAA seat allotment letter.
- Seat acceptance fee.
- DOB Proof on JEE Main Admit Card.
- Class 12th Mark Sheet
- JEE Main 2024 Score Card.
- Medical certificate.
- Caste certificate. (if applicable)
- PwD certificate. (if applicable)
- OCI certificate
Counselling for the JEE Main 2024 Special Round
After completing the JoSAA seat distribution process, the Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) will conduct two special JEE Main 2024 counselling rounds. The CSAB arranges centralized counselling for the following four categories:
1. The CSAB Special Round is open to India's NITs, IIITs, and CFTIs.
2. CSAB SFTI (Self-Financing Technical Institutes): For 12 self-financing technical institutes
3. CSAB NEUT: For extra seats in NITs for Union Territories and several AICTE-approved institutes in the North East and Union Territories (NEUT).
Lakshadweep, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Tripura, Mizoram, Andaman & Nicobar, Sikkim, Manipur, Assam, Dadar & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu are among the 12 North East and Union Territories for which the CSAB will conduct counselling.
4. CSAB Supernumerary: For the Union Territories (UTs) of Dadar & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu, Andaman & Nicobar, Lakshadweep & Kandvi's supernumerary round of counselling.
JEE Main 2024 Eligibility for Admission in participating colleges
NTA prescribes the JEE Main 2024 Eligibility Criteria. Candidates who satisfy the eligibility norms can secure admission at JEE Main 2024 participating institutes via counselling based on their JEE Main merit rank. During the JEE Main 2024 Counselling phase, if the competent authority finds the candidate is ineligible, their candidature will be cancelled.
JEE Main 2024 Eligibility Criteria for Admission into NITs, IITs, CFTIs and SFIs
The admission authority will provide admission to the B Tech/ B Arch/ B Plan at IITs, NITs, and CFTIs, based on the JEE Main AIR (All India Rank). Also, candidates must score at least 75% marks in the 10+2 board examination. Candidates in the reserved category can secure a minimum of 65% marks.
JEE Main 2024 Eligibility Criteria for Admission in other institutions
- The above JEE Main eligibility terms also apply to other technical colleges participating in the counselling procedure through CSAB/JoSAA.
- In the case of State-wise, some engineering affiliated with State Universities has different admission procedures. Therefore, the competent authority will release a separate merit list based on JEE's Main rank. And the counselling will be conducted at the state level.
Q1. When does the JEE Main 2024 Counselling begin?
Ans. JoSAA is the counselling conducted authority. The JEE Main or JoSAA 2024 counselling will begin in July 2024.
Q2. How are the JoSAA Seat Allotment Opening and Closing Ranks Determined?
Ans. Almost 31 NITs, several IIITs, and GFTIs participate in the JoSAA counselling procedure, assigning seats to candidates based on their JEE Main rank. Candidates who participate in the counselling process must fill theirs as their preference. The candidate with the highest rank who chooses a specific NIT, IIIT, or GFTI will be given priority in seat allocation, and their rank will be regarded as the opening rank. Therefore, the last student to take a seat from a specific NIT/IIIT/GFTI should know their rank would be the closing rank.
Q3. In NITs, are there any seats reserved for women?
Ans. NITs have a distinct quota named the 'Female Only' quota, which only reserves seats for female candidates. These seats are reserved for female candidates only. Aside from this quota, female applicants might compete in the Neutral pool for admission. However, in the neutral pool, female hopefuls must compete with male seekers for places.
Q4. Can a JEE Main rank 10 students get into one of the top NITs or IITs?
Ans. Candidates who do well in the JEE Main exam can select top NITs or IITs while exercising their options. Such pupils will be more likely to be accepted into the NITs or IITs of their choice. On the other hand, Candidates who score well in the JEE Main exam have a good chance of being admitted in the first round of the JoSAA admissions procedure.
Q5. Do a different B. Tech specializations in JoSAA counselling have similar or different opening and closing ranks.
Ans. JoSAA determines the opening and closing ranks for each B. Tech specialization. Henceforth, each B. Tech branch has different opening & closing ranks.
Q6. What Does 'Withdraw Option' Mean in JoSAA Counselling?
Ans. Up to the sixth round of seat allocation, those who have already accepted a seat can withdraw (the seat) by reporting to a centre.
Q7. What is JoSAA Counseling's Dual Reporting?
A9. If a candidate's seat allotment moves from NIT+s to IITs (or vice versa), they must report again. The options can't be changed once they've been locked.
Q8. What Are the JoSAA Counseling Eligibility Requirements?
Ans. To be eligible for JoSAA counselling, candidates must have qualified for JEE Main. In addition, each academic program at the affiliated institutes has its own set of standards/eligibility terms that applicants must meet to be admitted.
Q9. I have secured the 80 percentile in JEE Main. Can I get admission to NIT or IIT?
Ans. Candidates who have secured 80-90% percentile can secure admission seats in NIT or IIT. But, not all NIT or IITs consider the 80% percentile. For some Top NITs & IITs, the JEE Main qualifying cut-off score is restricted to 95% or above.
Q10. What is the Mock allotment process in JEE Main 2024 Counselling?
Ans. Mock allotment of seats is a procedure in JEE Main counselling that permits the applicants to know the provisional seat allotment order to be aware of the seat allotment process. They can choose a better preference if unsatisfied with the seat allotment order. They will be two rounds of Mock seat allotment in JEE Main Counselling.