MAT Exam Dates for the May session has been released and the exam is been conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA). MAT is the privileged management entrance exam to facilitate Business Schools (B-Schools) to screen candidates for admission to MBA/PGDM programs.
MAT is conducted 4 times in the year i.e., in the month of February, May, September and December. MAT examination scores will be considered by more than 600 B-Schools across India. The candidates who are interested in taking up MAT May Exam can go through this Article which helps the candidate to get the complete information of MAT Application form, Important Dates, Eligibility criteria, Pattern, Preparation Tips ,Cutoff, Result, Admission Procedure.
Name of the Entrance Examination: Management Aptitude Test (MAT).
Exam Type: National level entrance test
Category of the Exam: Post Graduation Exam
Conducted: In the month of May
Mode: Paper Based Test, Computer Based Test
MAT May : Important Dates
- The Application form for MAT Exam will be released on the first week of March.
- Last date for filling up the Application form will be 4th week of April.
- Downloading of Admit Card will be available prior to 2 weeks from the examination.
- Examination Date i.e., Paper Based Test (offline), Computer Based Test (online) will be held in the First and second week of May.
- MAT Result will be declared within a month after the examination.
Eligibility Criteria for MAT May
- Candidates must be Graduated in any discipline from a Recognized University.
- Aspirants who are in their Final year of their Graduation are also eligible for MAT Exam. They have to submit the required documents as a proof of completion of graduation within the prescribed time.
- There is no prescribed age limit and the no. of attempts for appearing for MAT exam.
- Work Experience is also not necessary required.
Application form for MAT May
- MAT Application forms will be available in both online and offline modes.
- MAT Application fee costs Rs 1400 for all the category applicants.
- MAT Application fee is non-refundable.
- For MAT Application fee, the candidate make payment via both online (debit/credit or net banking) and offline mode (demand draft).
- In offline process, the candidate has to fill the Mat application form and the same has to be submitted at the AIMA centres along with the application fee.
MAT Admit Card
- MAT Admit Card will be available before 2 weeks from the examination i.e., on the last week of April.
- MAT May Hall tickets will be provided separately for the Paper based Test (offline) and Computer based Test (Online).
- Candidates are required to get their Hall Ticket on the date of their examination.
- Candidates who fail to produce the Admit card to the invigilator in exam hall will not be allowed to write the MAT exam.
- The Applicant details, venue of the test conducted, exam timings and details will be provided in the MAT Admit card.
MAT Exam Pattern for May
Exam Date: May
Mode: Paper Based Test (offline), Computer Based Test (Online)
No. of Questions: MAT Question paper consists of 200 questions.
Total Duration: 150 minutes.
- In MAT, the exam consists of totally 5 sections and each section will carry 40 marks.
- MAT Exam question paper consists of 5 sections namely Language Comprehension, Data Analysis and Sufficiency, Mathematical Skills, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, Indian and Global Environment.
- Each question carries 1 mark.
- Negative Marking, for every wrong answer ¼ marks will be deducted.
MAT May 2018 Preparation Tips
- Self Study is a major attribute while preparing for MAT Exam.
- One should keep Calm and Confident.
- Time Management is very important criteria. So, one should build their time table in such a way that every subject will get equal attention.
- The candidates have to balance Speed with Accuracy.
- Revision is also an important attribute for the examination point of view.
- One should have Preparation Books and online materials for MAT Exam.
Candidates who are appearing for MAT May Exam, they can check the Previous Record of MAT cutoff which is given below:
|College Name||MAT Cutoff|
|TA Pai Management Institute, Manipal||700|
|Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship, Bangalore||700|
|National Institute of Technology, Warangal||600|
|Institute of Finance and International Management, Bangalore||600|
|Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad||650|
|Balaji Institute of Modern Management, Pune||600|
|PSG Institute of Management, Coimbatore||600|
|Amity Business School, Noida|