The National Testing Agency will update the JEE Main 2022 Eligibility Criteria and an information Brochure before the JEE Main 2022 registration date. Test Takers have to visit the official website of NTA and make sure of the JEE Main eligibility requirements before filling JEE Main application form. There are certain terms & conditions that every JEE Main applicant has to satisfy to be eligible for securing an admission seat. The Eligibility Norms of JEE Main 2022 concludes the details like qualification, nationality, age limit, qualifying marks etc. Henceforth, candidates should check the JEE main 2022 Eligibility Criteria before attempting an exam.
However, students must remember that before filling out the JEE Main application form, they should read the JEE Main qualifying criteria in detail. If the authority finds Them ineligible for JEE Main during the application screening process, their candidature will be cancelled immediately.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates who have passed their 10+2/Intermediate in the science stream can apply for JEE Main 2022.
- Age Limit: There is no certain age limit to appear for JEE Main Exam. Students who have cleared 10+2 from a recognized board in 2020, 2021, 2022 are eligible to apply.
- Number of Attempts: Students can attempt JEE Main entrance test for three consecutive years. The entrance examination is conducted four times a year.
JEE Main 2022 Eligibility Criteria for admission to the IITs & NITs
- To be eligible for securing B Tech admission seats in IITs or NITs through JEE Main score, candidates must have cleared their intermediate / 10+2/ HSc with a minimum of 75% aggregate score. Or, students must be in the top 20 percentile in their 12th class level.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST or other reserved categories can obtain a minimum of 65% aggregate marks as their qualifying criteria.
- For admission to the B Arch/B Plan, candidates must score a minimum of 50% in 10+2.
The following are some of the new features in the JEE Mains 2022 eligibility criteria:
- Possession of a valid ID – To sit the entrance exam, candidates from India must have an Aadhaar card or other valid identification. Foreign applicants must also have a valid passport. Applicants from Jammu and Kashmir, Meghalaya, and Assam must give the relevant details – Passport Number, Ration Card Number, Bank Account Number, or any other Government Id Number – when filling out the JEE Main Application Form. They must also select cities in these states to serve as examination centres.
- Class 12th scores are not given any weight – According to CBSE's directive, class XII marks would not be considered while determining the JEE Main All India Rank.
Subject Combination for Eligibility in JEE Main
- The following is the JEE Main subject combination that is required for candidates to secure admission to any of the IIITs, NITs, or GFTIs:
- B.E/B.Tech - Mathematics and Physics are required subjects, with Chemistry, Biology, or Biotechnology being the third subject in any qualifying examinations.
- B.Arch. Any qualifying exams in Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry must be passed.
- B. Planning - Mathematics is a required subject for graduation.
JEE Main Droppers' Eligibility
- Candidates must be at least 18 years old to apply and appear for the exam. There is no upper age limit for appearing JEE Main.
- In JEE Main, only three JEE Mains attempts are allowed in a row. As a result, students must have passed their Class 12 exams in 2019 or 2020 to be considered for 2021.
- Any applicant must have completed at least five subjects in the 12th grade or qualifying exam, with Physics, Mathematics, and chemistry/biology/biotechnology required.
Eligibility for JEE Main 2022 - Exam Improvement Criteria
- When it comes to the eligibility criteria for the JEE Main Exam, the following conditions apply to applicants taking improvement examinations in one/two courses or all subjects:
- Improvement in one or two topics - If an applicant is taking an improvement exam in 2022, the applicant's top 20 percentile from the previous year will be considered. The total percentage will be calculated using the highest marks obtained in the required subjects in this situation.
- Improvement in all topics - If an applicant is taking an improvement exam in 2022, the best of the two years' results will be considered for JEE Mains eligibility.
JEE Main necessary documents for candidature:
- Any proof of identity in the form of a PAN Card, Driver's License, Voter ID, or Aadhaar Card (government provided).
- Signature and Photograph: Scanned copies of the signature and photograph are required. Both documents should be a minimum of 10 KB and a maximum of 100 KB in size. The optimum dimensions are 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm, and the image should be in JPEG/JPG format only.
- Educational Documents: Class 10th and 12th mark sheets, as well as a certificate, is required.
Q1. Can I apply for JEE Mains in class 11th?
Ans. You cannot apply for the JEE Main exam in class 11th. JEE Mains eligibility states that all candidates must have completed their class 12th examinations.
Q2. Due to a compartment last year, I had to take class 12th twice. Will I be able to participate in JEE Main?
Ans. After your 12th Compartmental examination, you are entitled to take the JEE Main exam. To appear in JEE Main, you must satisfy the JEE main eligibility requirements by achieving the required minimum marks in your Compartmental test.
Q3. Is it possible for a two-time dropper to get JEE?
Ans. Yes, a two-time dropper can give JEE mains because the number of JEE Mains tries are limited to three.
Q4. Is there any other proof I may use to show my age than a birth certificate?
Ans. You can use your Aadhar card or any other government-issued photo ID.
Q5. Is it possible to take the JEE Advanced exam without the JEE Main exam?
Ans. You won't be able to. To be eligible for JEE Advanced, you must first take the JEE Main exam and score identical to the cut off criteria. JEE Advanced is a gateway for securing admission to the IITs. Henceforth, you have to satisfy the cut off criteria.
Q6. Is it possible for a commerce student to take this exam?
Ans. Students who completed intermediate with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as their primary courses are eligible to apply for JEE Main.
Q7. What is the eligibility requirement to apply for IITs, NITs & GFTIs?
Ans. Candidates who have secured above 75% aggregate in 10+2 can apply for IITs, NITs & GFTIs through JEE Main. At the same time, 65% is a minimum qualifying score for SC/ST Categories.
Q8. For JEE Main 2022, Does 75% minimum qualifying criteria removed?
Ans. In 2021 Due to COVID 19 Pandemic, the criteria of 75% were waived off. 12th students got promoted without appearing in board exams. But for 2022, the official notice about the eligibility criteria is not declared yet.
Q9 What is the age limit for JEE Main 2022?
Ans. According to NTA, there is no age limit for appearing in JEE Main.