Does the Nationality matters for eligibility criteria in JEE Mains?
The nationality doesn't matter whether you're Indian Citizen or from Foreign Nationals,
- So both the Indian Citizen as well as the.
- The NRIs, PIOs, OCIs & Foreign national candidates can also apply.
What should the age limit for General and OBC for taking the JEE Mains exams?
According to the JEE Mains the age limit mainly depends on the category
- For the aspirants who have born after 1st October 1993 and must not have the age more than 24 Years while appearing for exam
Is there a different eligibility criterion for SC/ST/PWD candidates for JEE Mains?
The eligibility criterion for the SC/ST candidates can be benefitted with 5 Years of Age Relaxation.
It means that they must be born after 1st October 1988 and the Upper Age Limit – 29 Years can also appear in the exam
What are the eligibility criteria for the MP, Nagaland, and Odisha students for JEE Main Exam?
- As the states of Nagaland, Madhya Pradesh, and Odisha have joined JEE (Main) system from past 2014.
- Hence the age limit, for admission to institutions in these states were earlier admitting aspirants based on their state level examinations, will be as per their past practice only
What is the JEE Main 2018 Eligibility Marks?
- The JEE Main Eligibility Marks & Percentage Criteria for the applicants who have scored more than 75% or be in Top 20 Percentile in individual Board can only appear in IIT JEE 2018.
- And in case of ST/SC/PWD Contenders, the percentage standards will be around 65%.
What is the basic qualifying eligibility Criteria to apply for JEE Mains?
- The Age Limit: here the Date of Birth is one of the criteria for the candidate attempting JEE Main 2018.
- The required Subjects: here the grouping of subjects chosen for in the 12th standard qualifying examination by the aspirant attending JEE Main 2018.
- And the Minimum Qualification: Here the Aspirants who have passed class 12th or equivalent in 2016 or 2017 are eligible to apply for JEE Main 2018
Can I know if there is any Reservation process for JEE Main?
Reservation of Seats:
- The reservation is done based on the Government of India rules
- And the aspirants belonging to certain categories are admitted to seats reserved for them based on relaxed criteria.
Few of the categories are:
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) if they belong to Non-Creamy Layer (NCL)
- Scheduled Castes (SC)
- Scheduled Tribes (ST)
- And for Persons with Disability (PWD)
What are the eligibility criteria for the droppers?
For the dropped a year for exam preparation candidates:
- First the candidates who have dropped a year for exam preparation must have a look at the important aspects of IIT JEE Main Eligibility Criteria for Droppers 2018.
For the drop out candidates:
- And the drop out candidates must also follow the same rules
- If the drop out students has appeared in IIT JEE Exam earlier, then the total no. of attempts will be reduced accordingly as the upper age limit is around 24 years.