Marine Engineering & Research Institute was established at the onset of Independence in 1947 to satisfy the growing need of marine engineers in India. The headquarters are situated in Calcutta with a branch at Mumbai. Prior to this mentioned name, earlier it was popular as Directorate of Marine Engineering Training. The entrance test help every year to seek admission to MERI Marine Engineering & Research Institute in Kolkata, S. Chanakya in Navi Mumbai, and MERI (Marine Engineering & Research Institute in Mumbai.
- Commencement of sale of application forms by IIT: November.
- Commencement of sale of application forms by IIMS & Syndicate Bank: February.
- Application Submission
- Last date of receipt of application by IIT: January.
- Last date of receipt of application by IIMS: March.
- Counselling of the selected candidates : Last week of July/ First week of August.
MERI 2018 application form along with MERI 2018 information brochure can be downloaded from the IMU website www.imu.tn.nic.in.
- A candidate must attach his/her photograph and signature scanned in the online application form
- A candidate has to fulfil the eligibility criteria's
- A candidate must read the guidelines for filling the form. An error can cause the application form to rejection.
- The fees for the application form must be submitted by online payment, debit or credit card or via bank challan.
- General - Rs.1000
- SC/ST - Rs.600
Indian Institute of Maritime Studies
Navi Mumbai - 400 706
Phone No: 91 22 27706803 / 6804
Fax No: 91 22 27716805