The syllabus is divided into four different sections: Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation, Quantitative Ability, and Verbal Ability. The logical reasoning and data interpretation section consists of questions following the given data. The data may be in tables, graphs, charts, and paragraphs. Logical Reasoning tests the capability of candidates for evaluating and ratiocinating problems. The Quantitative Aptitude section consists of fundamental mathematics based on a 10 + 2 level.
On the other hand, the Verbal Ability section consists of questions on the standard use of English Grammar and comprehension.
There are 3 sections in the exam pattern, which include Quantitative Ability, Logic reasoning, Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, Reading Comprehension, and Verbal Ability. The Quantitative Ability and Verbal Ability section consists of 34 questions each, whereas there are 32 questions in Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation. The total duration of the entrance test is 3 hours.
- The examination will be online computer-based. The IIM Bangalore will conduct it.
- The question paper will consist of both Objective MCQ Pattern and Non MCQ pattern. Non MCQ s do not have any negative marking, but MCQs deduct 1/3 of the negative marking.
- Each correct answer will have 3 marks each.
There will be 3 sections in the question paper:
- Verbal and Reading Comprehension(VRC)
- Data Interpretation & Logical reasoning (DILR)
- Quantitative Aptitude (QA)
No of the Questions will be in each section: For VRC – 34 Questions.
For DILR- 34 Questions
For QA- 32 Questions
The total time duration for each section: 60 minutes each.