PDPU is a University level entrance exam which is been conducted by Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University and it was been established by GERMI as a Private University through the State Act enacted on 4th April, 2007.
Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University offer multiple courses ranging from engineering, arts and management along with maximum exposure and opportunities to the students through various national and International exchange programs with best University worldwide and they focus on the development of its faculties and staff the University endeavours for various Joint Exchange and Research programs.
The eligibility criteria for the PDPU exam mentioned below:
- Candidates must have passed their 10+2 or equivalent exam with a minimum of 45% Marks (40% in case of SC / ST) in aggregate with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- It is mandatory for every candidate to appear in the Paper – 1 of JEE Main.
For B.Com (Hons) Program: Candidates are required to have passed 12th standard examination or equivalent from commerce stream or should have studied accounting and/or commerce related subjects in 12th standard.
For B. Sc (Hons) Program: Candidates should have passed 12th standard examination or equivalent from science stream or with minimum any 2 of the following subjects - Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology
Final Exam of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
Applicants must have appeared in any one of the following qualifying exams:
- Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination, (Standard XII, 10+2 Science stream pattern) of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Education, including Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, and Council for Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi
- Final Examination of the 2-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy
- Intermediate Science or 2 year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/University
- H.S.C. Vocational Examination
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to the 10+2 system, science stream
3 or 4-year diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education
Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of 5 subjects.
The merit list and admission to the university will be prepared and based on the percentile obtained in the JEE Main Exam.
Criteria for deciding PDPU B. Tech Merit order in case of candidates obtaining equal merit marks will be based on the percentage of marks secured in theory and practical of the qualifying exam in following sequence-
Mathematics and Physics
Mathematics and Chemistry
Physics and Chemistry
Admissions to the PDPU 2019 are given based on the available seats. The seats distribution is done on the basis of reservation:
Gujarat Seats (50%)
50% of the total seats in University will be reserved for the candidates belonging to Gujarat. Candidates seeking admission under the Gujarat seats have to apply at ACPC and fulfil the criteria as per ACPC norms.
All India Seats (35%)
35% of the seats will be for all India candidates. Aspirants seeking admission on All India Seats will have to apply on-line. Candidates have to register themselves online before the last specified by the University for Applications. Candidates from all over India will have to appear and qualify JEE Main 2019 exam. On the basis of ranks obtained by the candidates in the entrance exam, PDPU will allot the seats after counselling.
NRI Seats (15%)
For the purpose of admission on NRI/NRI sponsored seats, a candidate has to apply separately as per the guidelines of Government of Gujarat.
The counselling procedure involves original document verification, personal and academic credentials of candidates like identity, age, academic qualifications and reservation category. After that, the offer of provisional admission or waitlist will be made to eligible candidates.
Candidates who are getting confirmed / provisional admission are required to pay the specified fees via demand draft drawn in favour of “Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University”, payable at Ahmedabad for securing admission at the time of PDPU B.Tech Counselling. No extension of time shall be granted for paying such fees. Those, who fail to make payment at the time of counselling, will not be considered for any further admission process. The seats will be cancelled.
Candidates must carry all originals of the documents specified below along with copies of the same.
- JEE (Main) Admit Card
- JEE (Main) Score Card
- H.S.C. Examination (Std. XII) mark sheet
- Draft in the name of “PANDIT DEENDAYAL PETROLEUM UNIVERSITY”, Payable at “AHMEDABAD”
- Caste certificate for a candidate belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST)
- Certificate of Physical Disability, issued and duly signed by the Civil Surgeon/ competent Medical Authority, for PH Category candidates
- Latest passport size photograph of the candidate
- School Leaving Certificate
In case the candidate is unable to appear for the counselling due to serious illness/accident or other unavoidable circumstances, his guardian may remain present on his behalf with a request-cum-authority letter from candidate with all the required original documents.
Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University,
Block D, Off Koba - Gandhinagar Highway Raisan,
Phone No.: +91-79-23275231,