Post Graduate Common Entrance Test [Karnataka PGCET]
Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test is the state level entrance test conducted by the Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA). The examination is being conducted to determine the eligibility/merit for admission of Karnataka and non-Karnataka candidates to the First year or First semester of full time and part-time courses in MBA, MCA, M.E. / M. Tech / M. Arch in Government University / Private Aided / Private Un-Aided professional educational institutions in the state of Karnataka for the academic year. The examination is held one time a year.
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Exam Date
Online Application Form
First week of July
Last date to apply online
Last week of July
Admission ticket downloading from
Month of August
First week of August
Third week of August
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Eligibility criteria
- The applicant should be a Karnataka resident and meets the domicile requirements of Karnataka state.
- Candidates who have completed a minimum of 7 years of their academic qualification from class I from the institutions of Karnataka are eligible for applying.
- For admission to the MBA program, a minimum of 50% aggregate marks is required in B.E./B.Tech (45% in SC/ST and Category-I candidates).
- Same marks criteria are required in the qualifying examination for admission to the M. Tech .program
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Application Form & fees
- KEA announces the application form in the first week of July.
- Candidates have to apply online through the official website of KEA for filling the application form.
- GATE qualified candidates will need to enter their GATE details
- Fill all the particulars in the application form carefully and upload passport-size color photographs and signature in JPEG format.
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Syllabus & Exam Pattern
The medium of the question paper will be English only.
The time duration of the exam is 120 minutes.
The question paper shall contain 2 parts for 100 marks each.
- Part-1 :- Total 50 questions will be put up for 1 mark each.
- Part-2:- Total of 25 questions will be put up for 2 marks each
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Admit Card
- The availability of the admit card is possible only via online mode.
- Candidates can download their admission ticket/hall ticket of Karnataka PGCET in August from the official website of KEA.
- To download the hall ticket, you must enter the application number and date of birth in the prescribed space.
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Results & Score Card
Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) publishes the Karnataka PGCET result in the third week of August, tentatively.
Its conducting authority shall release the cut-off marks.
Candidates shall be able to check the cut-off score from the official website. The cut-off score is a minimum score set by the conducting authority to determine the candidates who pass the exam.
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Counselling & Admission
Choosing the college and branch will be exercised on the counseling day only. Seats are allotted based on marks in the entrance examination. It is expected that the counseling process will commence from the first week of December.
List of Karnataka PGCET 2021 examination centres
Karnataka PGCET Exam Centres are as follows:-
Karnataka PGCET Contact Information
Karnataka Examinations Authority
18th Cross, Sampige Road,
Malleshwaram, BANGALORE - 560 012
Ph: 080-23 460 460 Fax: 080-23461576
Ask & Answers
I will appear for Karnataka PGCET, May I know the Eligibility criteria for the MBA program?
Details on Karnataka Eligibility Criteria for MBA program:
- Qualification criteria: the candidates should be qualified in their Bachelor’s degree (3 years) from a recognized University.
- Percentage criteria: 50% marks aggregate (For SC/ST candidates, 45% marks aggregate).
- Domicile: the candidate has to belong to Karnataka to fulfill the Karnataka PGCET Eligibility Criteria.
I want to know the details of the Application form Fee?
Details on Application Form Fee:
- After the candidate fills up the Application Form, they need to pay the Application form fee.
- For the General and OBC cadre, the Application Form fee costs Rs 650. For SC/ST cadre candidates, it is Rs 500.
- The payment has to be made only via offline mode, i.e., Bank challan (any branch of specified banks).
In the Exam pattern, which language Exam will be conducted and in which mode?
Details on Pattern:
- The exam will be scheduled offline, i.e., Pen paper Based Test.
- The exam will be published in the English language only.
- Exam pattern, The Total Number of questions is 100 (MCQs).
- Exam duration is 2 Hours 30 Minutes.
May I know how I shall download Admit card?
Step by step process to download Admit card:
- The candidates need to visit the KEA website's official website to download Admit card.
- Aspirants need to enter into the login page, and then they have to enter their Application number and other details.
- Then the Admit Card will be displayed on the screen.
- The candidates then need to click on the print button to take the printout.
May I know which are Documents required at the time of Counselling?
Documents required at the time of Counselling:
- 10th marks card is necessary.
- A 12th exam mark sheet is required.
- Degree certificates.
- Study and Passing Certificate.
- A reservation certificate is mandatory at the time of Counselling.
- Income certificate and Domicile certificate has to be shown.
- Admit card is a necessity.