ICFAI Business School Aptitude Test [IBSAT]
ICFAI Foundation conducts ICFAI Business School Aptitude Test or IBSAT every year for students who are willing to seek admission in PGPM and MBA programs offered by different ICFAI business schools. ICFAI has different campuses in Kolkata, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Pune, Gurgaon, Ahmedabad, Jaipur and Dehradun. This entrance examination has gained high popularity as ICFAI aptitude test. ICFAI University offers admission to students based on the marks scored in IBSAT test.
The ICFAI university also accepts the score of MAT, XAT, CAT, GMAT, NMAT, etc. Students who have qualified the entrance test is shortlisted for the selection procedure. The selection procedure is accomplished at the different campuses of IBS. The selection process comprises of personal interview and group discussion. The past academic records of the student and performance in group discussion and personal interview are also taken into consideration for final selection of the candidate.
This entrance examination primarily tests your aptitude in analytical reasoning, vocabulary, data adequacy, reading comprehension, data interpretation and quantitative procedures. The entrance test consists of 4 sections. There are 30 multiple choice questions in each section. Candidates are awarded 1 mark for each correct answer. The best thing about this entrance examination is that there is no negative marking.
It is essential to meet the eligibility norms for appearing in this entrance test. Failing to meet the eligibility criteria may lead to disqualification at a later off stage. Total marks for this entrance test are 120. There is time allotment of 2 hours for completing the question paper. Candidates having part time or correspondence degrees do not have the eligibility for applying in the entrance test. Students who are appearing in the final year of graduation can appear for this test. However, they need to show necessary documents regarding the same.
IBSAT Exam Date
The screening test was held between 22-23 December 2018. This examination follows a pen-and-paper mode.
Availability of IBSAT 2018 Application Form
July 01, 2018
Closing Date of IBSAT 2018 Application Form
December 12, 2018
ICFAI Business School Aptitude Test
December 22 - 23, 2018
Declaration of IBSAT 2018-2019 Result
1st week of January, 2019
January 13 - 20, 2019
IBSAT 2018 Selection Process (GD/PI)
MBA/ PGPM Program: February 20-26, 2019 at IBS Hyderabad
PhD Program: March 17-20, 2019 at IBS Hyderabad
IBSAT Eligibility criteria
Candidates should have passed graduation from any recognized university and should have scored a minimum aggregate score of 50%. Students in the final year of graduation can apply for this test. However, they should produce the degree certificate and mark sheet at the time of admission.
Students completing graduation through correspondence or part-time format are not eligible for apply. Students should have completed the graduation through 10+2+4 or 10+2+3 education system.
If the candidate is not meeting the English medium eligibility, He/she will require submitting a score for TOEFL/NELT/IELTS latest by the 31st of March 2019.
The candidates must possess the following eligibility criteria to appear for IBSAT 2018. The complete eligibility criteria are given below:
- The candidate must have 15 years (10+2+3 or 10+2+4) of education qualification, hence should be a graduate form a recognized university or institutions.
- The candidate must have 50% marks aggregate in graduation.
- The applicant should be from English medium background as the mode of teaching in ICFAI colleges is English. If the candidates are not from English medium then they need to submit the TOEFL/NELT/IELTS score by 31ST MAY, 2017.
- Final year graduation candidates can also apply for the exam but they have to submit the final year degree certificate and mark sheet latest by November 01st, 2017 to be eligible for the exam.
- The candidates who are having a distance education degree or part time degree are not eligible.
- There is no upper age limit for the candidate to appear for this exam.
- IBSAT is one of the examinations which doesn’t have any seat guarantee reservations for the reserved category candidates.
IBSAT Application Form & fees
The application form for IBSAT 2018 has been released on 1st July 2018 and the last date for submission of the application form was scheduled on the 18th of December 2017. The institute offers chances for submitting the application form in persona as well as through online.
Students are given the chance to remit the application fee through internet banking, debit & credit card, DD as well as cash deposit at the Institute campuses. For students who will be filling the application form in offline mode can collect forms from designated centers of ICFAI business school. Candidates can also choose the forms from different marketing branches of Axis Bank across India.
- The application form is available both Via Online and Offline mode.
- IBSAT application fee cost Rs.1800/-
- The candidates who are buying the application form offline can directly pay to the IBS Centers.
- For Online form fill up candidates they can pay through online payment gateway option by Debit card or Credit card.
Online Application form procedure:
- The candidate should visit the official website (http://admissions.ibsindia.org/) and apply online. Login details to be provided and login the page.
- Followed by Personal details (Candidates Name, DOB, Gender, Citizenship, Address, Email ID, Contact Number) and Qualification details (Year of passing, Board name, Duration, Medium) to filled carefully by the candidates.
- Then the applicant should upload their scanned image of the photograph.
- After filling all the required details in the application form and go to the payment option. Through online payment gateway candidates can do the payment by credit card.
- Once completing all the procedure, the candidates will receive a confirmation mail in their mail id and a receipt of application fees.
- The candidate needs to buy the application form from any IBS Campus.
- The candidate will receive a courier in the meanwhile. The packet will have the login id and voucher no. as password. The official website to be visited of IBSAT 2018. Valid id and password need be entered. Click on Ok button.
- The application form will appear , the details to be filled patiently, click Proceed and as it is completed Finish button to be clicked. The offline registration will get complete.
IBSAT Syllabus & Exam Pattern
The standard of the examination resembles the standard of the graduation examination observed by the universities in India. Candidates will require answering questions from topics like English Usage, Quantitative ability, and Data Interpretation & Sufficiency as well as reading Comprehension.
The IBSAT question paper includes 120 objective type questions, having five choices for each question. Candidates score 1 mark for each right answer and there is no provision for negative marking. Questions cover topics like English Usage, Quantitative ability, Data Interpretation & Sufficiency, and reading Comprehension.
The total time allotted for the test is 2 hours. The medium of the examination is exclusively English. Candidates successfully qualifying through the written test needs to go through rounds of group discussion and personal interview.
IBSAT 2018 Exam pattern is given below. The question paper will consist of both easy and tough type of question pattern.
- Mode of Examination- English
- Type- Total 140 objective type with 5 options in each question.
- Total time- 2 Hours (120 minutes)
- Sections- 4 (Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Aptitude, Data Adequacy and Data Interpretation, Verbal Ability)
The candidate should have good strategy in scoring IBSAT 2018.The speed is very important factor. There will be 140 questions in 120 minutes of time.
The score of IBSAT 2018 will be accepted in all 9 IBS for admissions.
No. of Questions: Reading Comprehension: 30
Data Adequacy and Data Interpretation: 30
Quantitative Aptitude: 30
Verbal Ability: 50
Question pattern: MCQ
Marking scheme: For correct answer 1 mark each
No negative marking
IBSAT Admit Card
Students, successfully submitting the application form and are found eligible, can download the admit card from the website of the institute. At the time downloading the admit card, students will require producing the application form number.
The IBSAT exam is scheduled in 2nd to 3rd week of December.
Admit card will be sent to the candidates via post as well. It will be sent to the registered postal address of the candidate. Admit card will consist of important information such as name and roll number of the candidate, time, date, and place of the examination center. Candidates should compulsorily produce the admit card to get access to the examination hall.
Hence the admit card is accessible both via offline and online mode. For online the candidates need to visit the official website Of IBS ( ICFAI) and download the admit card after filling the choices of Date and time slot of the exam.
- For offline mode the exam authority will issue the admit card to the candidates through post.
- The admit card will contain the details of time, date and place of the examination.
IBSAT Results & Score Card
Result for IBSAT 2019 was announced on 6th January 2019through the official website of the institute. The institute conducted the selection briefing between 20th and 30th January 2019 and selection process for MBA/PGPM has been scheduled as on 17th to 26th February 2019.
Candidates can check the results from the official website of the university. Candidates can download the score card from the official website of the university. Candidates require to log in with their credentials for viewing the results of IBSAT 2019
The following is the process to check the result:
- Visit the official website
- Check results option to be clicked
- Login with username and password
- View and download the result and save it
- Take a print out for further use.
IBSAT Counselling & Admission
Admission is done on the basis of scored availed by the students in IBS Aptitude Test 2018. Candidates who will be shortlisted in accordance with the cut off marks in the entrance test will be called for personal interview and group discussion.
Students who will confer grand performance in all the rounds will be offered admission in these business schools. As soon the shortlisting of the candidates are accomplished, the counseling procedure begins. Candidates who have been shortlisted require attending counseling in different colleges.
The candidates who applied for GMAT 2018 Onwards, NAMT 2018, CAT 2018 are eligible for the admission.
4 steps in the selection procedure:
- Group Discussion
- Personal interview
The selection procedure will start From February 2018.
IBSAT 2017-2018 Cutt offs:
This is the minimum cutoff for admission in various MBA/PGPM Programs. On the basis of the cut offs the candidates will be selected for next rounds. The cutoff will be considered on various factors such as the no. of participants, level of exam and no. of seat available.
IBSAT Campus IBSAT Cut Off (Tentative)
IBS Mumbai 65+
IBS Hyderabad 68+
IBS Bangalore 65+
IBS Gurgaon 62+
IBSAT Participating Colleges
There are 9 ICFAI business schools that accept the scores of ISBAT entrance examination. These business schools include
Other IBSAT 2019 participating institutes are
- National School of Business, Bangalore;
- Innovation the Business School, Khurdha
- International Institute of Business Studies, Bangalore.
List of IBSAT examination centres
The test states given below for IBSAT:
|JAMMU & KASHMIR