Delhi University Engineering Admission [DU Engineering Admission ]
Delhi University (DU ) Engineering Admission exam is been conducted by University of Delhi which was established in the year 1992 and is one of the finest seats of learning in the world. The University has several colleges, faculties, departments and recognised institutes spread all over the attractive national capital territory.
The University is endowed with a large pool of intellectual resources in diverse fields of learning. DU provides various UG & PG courses which offers admission in regular, private and distance programme.
DU Engineering Admission Exam Date
The tentative dates are mentioned below for DU Examination:-
Online Registration from
last week of May 2018 to second June 2018
Issue & Receipt of Registration Forms at the Registration centres
first week of June 2018 to third week of June 2018
Notification of admission list by Colleges
last week of June 2018
Admission and Payment of Fees
last week of June 2018
Last date for admission in UG courses
second week of August 2018
DU Engineering Admission Eligibility criteria
The eligibility criteria are different for UG and PG courses, the UG criteria are mentioned below:-
The General Category candidate should have an aggregate of at least 60% (class XII) In four papers PCM including English.
- OBC category: 54% in four subjects
- PwD/ CW category: 57% in four subjects
- SC/ST category: 45% in four subjects
Candidates have to pass the qualifying examination obtaining minimum marks as specified for each of the courses. The candidates who have appeared for improvement in the class XII examination of 2017 shall not be considered for admission in the current year.
- Candidate must produce the confirmed result and mark sheet of the qualifying examination on the day of the Group Discussion and Personal Interview to be eligible for admission in BMS/BBA(FIA)/ B.A (Hons) Business Economics programs.
- The candidates who do not have confirmed mark sheet will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- Foreign Students seeking admission to BMS/BBA(FIA)/B.A.(Hons) Business
- Economics course(s) against the prescribed quota of seats earmarked for them, shall have
- to apply through the Foreign Students Advisor as per the University of Delhi rules.
- There is no minimum age bar limit for admission in PG courses at Delhi University, except for courses regulated by bodies such as Medical Council of India, Bar Council of India, etc.
DU Engineering Admission Application Form & fees
The online application registration for admission to the B. Tech courses of Delhi University will begins in the month of April, 2018 tentatively.
- GEN/OBC Candidates – Rs.500/- per course
- SC/ST/PwD Candidates – Rs.250/- per course
- The Fee payment can be done through online and offline.
- Online can be paid through internet banking/debit card/credit card.
- Offline the candidates have to fill the application form and send it along with the DD in favour of “The Registrar, University of Delhi” payable at Delhi.
The candidates are required to submit the below mentioned documents online:-
Passport size photograph of the applicant (maximum size: 50kb; Formats: JPG/ JPEG/ PNG)
Scanned signature of the applicant (maximum size: 50kb; Formats: JPG/ JPEG/ PNG)
Self-attested copy of Identity Proof of the applicant (maximum size: 50kb, Formats: JPG/ JPEG/ PNG).
Identity proof can be any one of the following documents:
- Aadhar Card
- Driving License
- PAN card
- Voter’s identity card
- Passport or College identity card.
- Self-attested copy of Class 10th Certificate (maximum size: 100kb, Formats: JPG/ JPEG/ PNG/ PDF).
- Self-attested copy of Caste Certificate, if applicable (maximum size: 100kb, Formats: JPG/ JPEG/ PNG/ PDF).
- Applicant shall also fill the postal address details
DU Engineering Admission Syllabus & Exam Pattern
The exam pattern is mentioned below:
- MCQ based entrance test will be conducted at centres identified by the university.
- The written entrance test of two hours duration will be based on mathematics, reasoning and analytical abilities at 10+2 levels.
- The marking pattern will be as specified by the university. In case, each course have to decide individually, there will be 100 questions and for each correct answer a student shall score + 4 marks and for each negative response there will be -1 mark.
- The DU syllabus for the entrance test for UG courses is based on the academic syllabus of class 11th and 12th.
DU Engineering Admission Admit Card
Admit Card will be available online form the month of May 2018 ; candidates have to visit the UG admission portal and print-out the Admit Card. The print quality of the admit card should be clear as it will be required for the verification propose before entering the examination hall.
Candidate shall carry the following documents to the Examination Centre:
- Printed copy of the Admit Card.
- One identity card bearing candidate’s photograph, for verification. This can be any one of the following documents: Aadhar Card, Driving License, PAN card, Voter’s identity card, Passport or College identity card
DU Engineering Admission Results & Score Card
The results will be declared in the month of 1st week of July, the score and ranks in the merit list that is prepared on the basis of the performance in the examination. The request for obtaining a copy of the ORS (OMR Response Sheet ) by the candidate concerned must be made within 7 calendar days from the date of the declaration of the result to the University in the prescribed format along with a fee of Rs.500 /- per paper.
The Department will upload the answer key of an entrance examination conducted for admission for various courses of study within 24 hours from the conclusion of the entrance examination on the official website of the University. The candidate is required to visit the website to check the answer key vis-a-vis the question paper used. In case of any discrepancy/inconsistency/error vis-à-vis the question paper and answer key, the candidate concerned can register a complaint within 48 hours from the time of uploading of the answer key.
The candidate is required to get the application form verified by the Principal/ HOD of the concerned college/department of the University. The candidate is required to attach to a self-attested copy of the admit card/admission ticket for the entrance examination under reference at the time of submission of the application form. Payment is to be made in the form of a demand draft drawn in favour of “The Registrar, University of Delhi” payable at Delhi on all working days. No application for obtaining a copy of the ORS shall be accepted after the stipulated time.
DU Engineering Admission Counselling & Admission
Candidates will be interviewed and last admission will be done on successful confirmation of documents. The determination of cut-off marks will be done on the basis of the candidate’s past experience and class 12th result of the school boards.
The candidates will be notified about the cut-off marks through the official website of the University. After the announcement of cut-off lists by the University, the candidates are required to report to the college of his/her choice for admission.
Candidates are required to get the original document along with 2 sets of self-attested photocopies.
List of Documents Required at the Time of Admission:-
- 10th class passing certificate
- 10th class mark-sheet
- 12th class mark-sheet
- 12th class original certificate/provisional certificate
- Character Certificate (recent)
- Category Certificate in case of SC/ST/PwD
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate
- Those who have passed 12th board from outside Delhi have to produce Transfer certificate and Migration Certificate
- Two passport size self-attested photographs.
List of DU Engineering Admission examination centres
Candidates have to select one of these cities for appearing in the entrance examination through the online registration, after completion of the online registration, the chosen city will not be changed. The University reserves the right to change/cancel any Centre of examination without assigning any reason.
The Entrance examination shall be conducted at the Centres located in the following cities:
University of Delhi
Phone: 27667157, 27667725, EPABX: 1700-1705
Fax No.: 27666007