Delhi University Engineering Admission [DU Engineering Admission ]
Delhi University (DU ) Engineering Admission exam is been conducted by University of Delhi which was established in the year 1992 and is one of the finest seats of learning in the world. The University has several colleges, faculties, departments and recognised institutes spread all over the attractive national capital territory.
The University is endowed with a large pool of intellectual resources in diverse fields of learning. DU provides various UG & PG courses which offers admission in regular, private and distance programme.
DU Engineering Admission 2023 Exam Date
The tentative dates are mentioned below for DU Examination:-
Online Registration from
Second week of April 2023 to second May 2023
Issue & Receipt of Registration Forms at the Registration centres
Notification of admission list by Colleges
Admission and Payment of Fees
Last date for admission in UG courses
End of July 2023
DU Engineering Admission 2023 Eligibility criteria
The eligibility criteria are different for UG and PG courses, the UG criteria are mentioned below:-
The General Category candidate should have an aggregate of at least 60% (class XII) In four papers PCM including English.
- OBC category: 54% in four subjects
- PwD/ CW category: 57% in four subjects
- SC/ST category: 45% in four subjects
DU Engineering Admission 2023 Application Form
The online application registration for admission to the B. Tech courses of Delhi University will begins in the month of April, 2023 tentatively.
- GEN/OBC Candidates – Rs.500/- per course
- SC/ST/PwD Candidates – Rs.250/- per course
- The Fee payment can be done through online and offline.
- Online can be paid through internet banking/debit card/credit card.
- Offline the candidates have to fill the application form and send it along with the DD in favour of “The Registrar, University of Delhi” payable at Delhi.
DU Engineering Admission 2023 Syllabus & Exam Pattern
The exam pattern is mentioned below:
- MCQ based entrance test will be conducted at centres identified by the university.
- The written entrance test of two hours duration will be based on mathematics, reasoning and analytical abilities at 10+2 levels.
- The marking pattern will be as specified by the university. In case, each course have to decide individually, there will be 100 questions and for each correct answer a student shall score + 4 marks and for each negative response there will be -1 mark.
- The DU syllabus for the entrance test for UG courses is based on the academic syllabus of class 11th and 12th.
DU Engineering Admission 2023 Admit Card
Admit Card will be available online form the month of June 2023; candidates have to visit the UG admission portal and print-out the Admit Card. The print quality of the admit card should be clear as it will be required for the verification propose before entering the examination hall.
Candidate shall carry the following documents to the Examination Centre:
- Printed copy of the Admit Card.
- One identity card bearing candidate’s photograph, for verification. This can be any one of the following documents: Aadhar Card, Driving License, PAN card, Voter’s identity card, Passport or College identity card
DU Engineering Admission 2023 Results & Score Card
The results will be declared in the month of 1st week of July, the score and ranks in the merit list that is prepared on the basis of the performance in the examination. The request for obtaining a copy of the ORS (OMR Response Sheet ) by the candidate concerned must be made within 7 calendar days from the date of the declaration of the result to the University in the prescribed format along with a fee of Rs.500 /- per paper.
The Department will upload the answer key of an entrance examination conducted for admission for various courses of study within 24 hours from the conclusion of the entrance examination on the official website of the University.
DU Engineering Admission 2023 Counselling & Admission
Candidates will be interviewed and last admission will be done on successful confirmation of documents. The determination of cut-off marks will be done on the basis of the candidate’s past experience and class 12th result of the school boards. The candidates will be notified about the cut-off marks through the official website of the University. After the announcement of cut-off lists by the University, the candidates are required to report to the college of his/her choice for admission.
List of DU Engineering Admission 2023 examination centres
Candidates have to select one of these cities for appearing in the entrance examination through the online registration, after completion of the online registration, the chosen city will not be changed. The University reserves the right to change/cancel any Centre of examination without assigning any reason.
The Entrance examination shall be conducted at the Centres located in the following cities:
DU Engineering Admission Contact Information
University of Delhi
Phone: 27667157, 27667725, EPABX: 1700-1705
Fax No.: 27666007