AMU Engineering Entrance Examination is a common entrance test conducted by Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) and its one of the oldest premier Central Universities of India with a Unique way of education.
The University conducts the examination for several courses that include MBBS, BDS, BA LLB, MBA, MBA IB, MCA, MSW, SSSC (Science), SSSC (Humanities/Commerce), PG Diploma, B.Ed, B.Tech, B.Arch, and Diploma in Engineering, BA, B.Sc, BUMS/Pre-Tib, BLI (Sc.), M.A. (Mass Comm.), M.L.I.Sc, M.Sc (Biotechnology), LLM, C. E. T. (Professional Courses), Diploma in General Nursing, Master of Agribusiness Mgmt., B. S. W., M.Ed., M. F. C./M. T. A, B. A. (Hons.), B. Sc. (Hons.) and B.Com Hons.
The admission to the candidates is provided on the basis of his/her performance in the entrance examination.
Candidates have to read the eligibility criteria relevant to the course for which they are applying and it is necessary for the candidates to fulfil the eligibility conditions for AMU entrance , in case of failing may cancel the candidature of candidate at any stage of admission process.
Eligibility criteria are mentioned below:-
- B. Tech & B. Arch : Candidates should have passed Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination from AMU or an equivalent examination from a recognized state/central board.
- The qualifying examination should be passed with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & English subjects by obtaining 50% marks in aggregate.
- Students who have completed diploma in engineering from this University with minimum aggregate of 50% marks are also eligible to apply.
The Exam pattern are given below:
- The Questions pattern of exam will be of objective type.
- They will have 4 answer options in every question, only one option will be correct.
- There will be negative marking in exam. Each correct answer will carry 1 mark, while for every incorrect answer, 1/4th marks will be deducted.
- The time duration for will be 3 hours.
- comprise a total of 150 questions from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
University uploads the admit card on its official website and will not be sent to the candidates via post. It will be downloadable only from the controller’s website.
The candidates are required to paste the recent passport size photograph on the downloaded admit card. The admit card for departmental courses will be issued one or two days before the examination and will be collected from the office where application form had submitted.
Result will be published on the notice board of the concerned faculty/college/centre/official website. The candidates can check their result in the month of May/June. Cut-off is determined by various factors like candidates’ performance level, seat capacity of the respective courses, total number of test takers, and difficulty level of the paper and reservation policy.
Candidates, who fail to secure the minimum marks required for admission to Aligarh Muslim University (AMU), will not be considered eligible for admissions to B. Tech courses at the university.
The first round of counselling will be conducted tentatively in the fourth week of June. The second round of counselling will be held tentatively in the fourth week of July.
The final allotment of seats will be done on the basis of the marks secured by the candidates in entrance exam. The performance of candidate in GD/Interview (wherever applicable) will also be taken into consideration for selection of admission.
Candidates must choose their exam centres as per their choice while filling the Online or Offline Application Form. Exam centre once chosen cannot be changed in any circumstances.
The list of Exam Centres given below:
- Aligarh (UP)
- Lucknow (UP)
- Kolkata (West Bengal)
- Srinagar (J&K)
- Khanapara (Meghalaya)
- Patna (Bihar)
Office of the Controller of Examinations
Administrative Block, AMU
Aligarh - 202002 (UP) - INDIA