- IGNOU Distance MBA Important Date
- IGNOU Course Fee Structure
- IGNOU MBA Eligibility Criteria
- IGNOU Prospectus
- IGNOU Application Forms and Procedure
- IGNOU MBA Entrance Exam
- IGNOU Admission Procedure
- IGNOU Management Programmes & Specilizations
- Why IGNOU for Distance MBA?
- IGNOU Distance MBA Learning Methodology
To reach out the high demand of business professionals in the competitive job market, Indira Gandhi National University (IGNOU) is offering a MBA degree through distance education. From past many years Distance Learning MBA from IGNOU has become one of the most preferred Professional Degree Management course among the working professionals and students who can’t take up regular classes.
It has termed to be as the best university for Distance Learning MBA. It has also ranked at a very significant position among the universities offering MBA course in the distance learning mode. The courses which are offered by IGNOU are AICTE approved, and the university is recognized as a central university by the UGC and has its courses approved by the Distance Education Council, India.
The best part of the IGNOU Distance Education MBA Program is its quality & affordable fee. There are several private institutions & universities are offering distance MBA in India but IGNOU is the most preferred university among MBA aspirants.
The minimum Duration to complete the course is 2.6 years and maximum is 8 years. There is no restriction of Age criteria for taking up the Admission. The candidates who are interested to take up admission in IGNOU Distance learning MBA can go through this article.
This article helps the candidate to get the complete information of IGNOU distance MBA Eligibility, Entrance Exam (OPEN MAT), Prospectus, Admission Procedure, Fee Structure about the MBA program offered by world's largest Open University, IGNOU.
Distance MBA from IGNOU: Quick Glance
IGNOU Distance MBA Important Date
Indira Gandhi National Open University conducts admission for Distance MBA twice a year. Aspirants should strictly accept the schedules and follow accordingly to seek admission for MBA in correspondence from IGNOU.
Submission of application form: The OPENMAT entrance examination is scheduled twice a year and the schedules for the same are mentioned below:
|Entrance Exam||Last Date for the Submission of Application Forms|
|OPENMAT XLII||July 15, 2018|
|OPENMAT XLIII||December 15, 2018|
Entrance Exam Dates: Candidates will have to secure a valid score in OPENMAT entrance examination to seek admission in Distance MBA program. Below mentioned are the scheduled dates for entrance examination.
|Entrance Exam||Date of Examination|
|OPENMAT XLII||August 19, 2018|
|OPENMAT XLIII||February 3, 2019|
Admit Card: IGNOU will release admit card for OPENMAT 10 days before the commencement of entrance examination.
|Entrance Exam||Admit Card Dates|
|OPENMAT XLII||10 days before the exam|
|OPENMAT XLIII||10 days before the exam|
Results and Counseling: IGNOU will release its results within 6-7 weeks after the commencement of entrance examination. And the counseling will begin soon after the results.
|Entrance Exam||Result Dates|
|OPENMAT XLII||6-7 weeks from the exam date|
|OPENMAT XLIII||last week of March, 2019|
Application Dates: After the declaration of results candidates can apply for the admission, provided they secure a valid score. In the below table, the details regarding the admission for Distance MBA is mentioned:
|Entrance Test Taken||Session||Last Date of Admission Form Submission|
|OPENMAT XLII||January 2018 (First Session of 2018)||November 30, 2018|
|OPENMAT XLII||July 2018 (Second Session of 2018)||May 31, 2019|
|OPENMAT XLIII||July 2018 (Second Session of 2018)||May 31, 2019|
|OPENMAT XLIII||January 2019 (First Session of 2019)||November 30, 2018|
Candidates should take into consideration that, in case the application forms does not reach the designated places on or before the last date of application IGNOU would reject the application form with any prior notice.
IGNOU Management Programmes & Specilizations Offered
Indira Gandhi National Open University has customized its syllabus keeping in mind the convenience of the students along with the fluctuating academic trend to meet the needs of the global market.
Distance MBA subjects are been categorized into 5 different parts, namely:
- 11 Basic Subjects
- 5 Specialization Subjects
- 5 Compulsory Subjects
- 1 Elective Subject
Basic Subjects: Some of the subjects which are the basic for the completion of Distance MBA at IGNOU are:
- Management Functions and Behavior
- Management of Human Resources
- Economic and Social Environment
- Accounting and Finance for Managers
- Management of Machines and Materials
- Marketing for Managers
- Information Systems for Managers
- Quantitative Analysis for Managerial Applications
- Managerial Economics
- Organizational Design, Development and Change
- Strategic Management
Specialization Subjects: Candidates will be given an option to choose in which field he/she interests to specialize in. IGNOU provides 5 specializations for Distance MBA, namely:
|Specialization Stream||Subject Title|
Working Capital Management
Capital Investment and Financing Decisions
Management Control Systems
Security Analysis and Portfolio Management
International Financial Management
Management of Financial Services
|Human Resource Management||
Social Processes and Behavioral Issues
Human Resource Development
Human Resource Planning
Managing Change in Organizations
Wage and Salary Administration
International Human Resource Management
Operations Research, Project Management, Production/Operations Management, Management Information Systems
Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Management of R&D and Innovation
Marketing of Services
Management of Marketing Communication and Advertising
|Financial Markets Practice||
Currency and Debt Markets
Professionals in Financial Markets Practice
Compulsory Subjects: These are the subjects, candidates will have to mandatorily study to seek a MBA degree.
- Advanced Strategic Management
- Research Methodology for Management Decisions
Elective Subjects: Candidates can choose any one of their subjects to study in Distance MBA
- Management of Public Enterprises
- Management of New and Small Enterprises
- Technology Management
- Total Quality Management
- International Business
IGNOU Distance MBA Course Fee Structure
Indira Gandhi National Open University offers various distance learning programs for the students at an affordable cost. The candidates meeting the required eligibility of IGNOU can take admission for the distance learning course which are economical and can be affordable for very candidates.
In the below mentioned table fee details for the course are mentioned:
Distance MBA offered by Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is approximately INR 31500/- for the complete 2.5 years course. Candidates will be provided with 8 years of time span to complete the course.
Fee Payment for Distance MBA at IGNOU can be made through online and offline modes. Below mentioned are the details of the modes of fee payment:
- Credit Card: Candidates can make the payment before submitting the online application from and take the print out of the same and submit it in the nearby IGNOU the same at the concerned Regional Centre along with the attested copies of testimonials.
- Cash Challan: Candidates can deposit the fee in any of the branches of Axis Bank or Union Bank of India across the country along with the bank charges. Student has to initially fill all the particulars in the online admission application and generate an automatic control number. The format of Cash Challan for deposit in cash will appear on the screen. The student should take a printout of the filled in application as well as challan and make the payment.
- Bank Drafts: Payment can be made through demand drafts of any nationalized bank. On submitting the online application form, a control number will appear on the screen which is required for future references. The applicant can take printout of the filled in online admission form and submit it to the concerned Regional Centre along with the DD.
IGNOU Distances MBA Eligibility Criteria
Indira Gandhi National Open University has customized its eligibility criteria based on the convenience of the institute as well as students. The programs offered by the institute have various eligibility criteria and the candidates have to fulfill the eligibility to seek admission.
|Age||No age restriction|
|Qualification||Graduation in any discipline|
|Score(Marks)||Minimum 50% for general category students and 5% relaxation for reserved category students|
|Work Experience||3 years of work experience in managerial or supervisory level|
Eligibility criteria for Distance MBA (Indian Candidates):
- Age: Indira Gandhi National Open University has no age restrictions for admission. Candidates can be of any age to seeking admission in IGNOU.
- Qualification: Candidates should obtain a graduation degree from a recognized university in any discipline for admission.
- Required Score: Candidate should attain a minimum 50% score in graduation for general category students and for reserved category candidates need to secure 45% aggregate in graduation.
- Entrance Exam: Candidates should attain a qualifying score in OPENMAT to seek admission for MBA in IGNOU.
- Work Experience: Candidates with minimum of 3 years of working experience at managerial or supervisory level can apply for admission.
Eligibility criteria for Distance MBA (Foreign Candidates):
The eligibility criteria for the candidates with nationality other than Indian will remain the same as that of Indian candidates. Apart from eligibility, to seek admission at IGNOU for Distance MBA candidates should have valid documents such as:
- Valid students visa for the duration of the course.
- Clearance from the Ministry of External Affairs/ Human Resource Development Ministry.
- International division of IGNOU shall carry out the procedure.
- Candidates should go through the complete eligibility criteria before registering themselves for admission.
- In case, if any candidate fails to meet the eligibility criteria he/she will not be able to seek admission at IGNOU.
IGNOU Distnace MBA Prospectus
Aspirants with a keen interest in pursuing Distance MBA from Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) can apply for the course by collecting the prospectus through online mode or offline mode. The prospectus contains the complete details regarding Eligibility, Syllabus, program structure, Fee Structure, etc.
Ways to obtain prospectus:
- Online IGNOU Prospectus: Indira Gandhi National Open University will release its course prospectus online through its official website. The candidates can visit the IGNOU official website and download the prospectus by remitting the application fee of INR 1050/- through credit card.
- Prospectus through Regional Centers: Candidates can visit any of the nearby IGNOU regional centers to obtain the prospectus and student handbook along with the application form from the center by making a payment of INR 1050/- through demand draft of any nationalized bank.
- Prospectus via Post: Aspirants can also obtain the management course prospectus via post. Aspirants can send a request to IGNOU headquarters through post along with the demand draft copy of INR 1050/-
Information available in Prospectus:
- Management Course Details
- Eligibility Criteria of the Course
- Details of the syllabus
- Program Structure details
- Fee Structure details
- Application Forms
- Admission Procedure of the course.
Application form available with Prospectus:
- OPENMAT Application Form
- Admission Application Form
Application form available with Prospectus:
- Application Forms
- Category Certificate
- Identity Card
Management Prospectus – Courses Covered: The prospectus issued by IGNOU consists of the complete details of the various management courses. The management programs offered by IGNOU are mentioned below:
- MBA (Master of Business Administration)
- DIM (Diploma in Management)
- PGDIM (Post-Graduate Diploma in Management )
- PGDHRM (Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management )
- PGDFM (Post-Graduate Diploma in Financial Management)
- PGDOM (Post-Graduate Diploma in Operations Management)
- PGDMM (Post-Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management)
- PGDFMP (Post-Graduate Diploma in Financial Markets Practice)
IGNOU Distnace MBA Application Forms and Procedure
Aspirants to seek distance MBA admission at Indira Gandhi National Open University will have to appear for OPENMAT entrance examination. For distance MBA at IGNOU, candidates will have to fill up 2 application forms such as application form for OPENMAT and application form for admission.
Procedure to fill OPENMAT application form:
- Step 1: Candidates should college their application form from the IGNOU regional center or download if from online mode and fill the application form by providing the accurate details.
- Step 2: Once the application form is filled the candidates should make the payment and submit their application form and send it to the below mentioned address before the last date.
- Registrar SED, Block 12 IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi – 110 068
- Step 3: After the submission of the application form candidates will be eligible to take up the OPENMAT entrance examination.
IGNOU Distance MBA admission application Form:
Candidate will have to fill the 2nd application form after the declaration of OPENMAT results. Candidates should apply only if he/she attains a valid score in the entrance examination and make the payment on time. In case of any queries candidates can visit the nearby regional center.
Documents to be submitted with Admission Form:
- Academic Certificates proving your qualifications
- OPENMAT Admit Card
- OPENMAT Score Card
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Work Experience Certificate (if applicable)
- Filled up Identity Card
- Fee payment receipt
Candidates can fill the application form on their own as it is easily understandable. Certain details which have to be taken care off while filling the application from are:
- Regional Center Code: Candidates can select the nearby IGNOU regional center from the list mentioned in the student’s handbook and prospectus.
- Exam/Study Center Code: Candidates can choose their examination center based on their convenience. The exam center which the candidates will choose will be their counseling centers too.
- State Code: Candidates, in this field will have to enter the state code mentioned in the Appendix 4. The code of the state in which the candidates resides has to be mentioned.
IGNOU Distnace MBA Entrance Exam
OPENMAT, management entrance exam conducted by Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is a gateway to seek admission for post-graduation degree program in management field through distance mode.
OPENMAT is conducted twice in a year, in the month of May known as OPENMAT XLII and in the month of November known as OPENMAT XLIII. Aspirants with an aggregate score of 50% in graduation can apply for the entrance exam. In case of working professionals, experience of 3 years in managerial/supervisory/professional can also apply.
OPENMAT will be conducted for 3 hours consisting of 200 MCQ questions in 4 different sections, namely Quantitative Aptitude, English Language, General Awareness and Reasoning.OPENMAT Important Date
IGNOU Distnace MBA Admission Procedure
Indira Gandhi National Open University has planned its distance education admissions twice a year approximately in the month of May and November. Candidates willing to seek admission will have to follow the below mentioned admission procedure.
Steps to seek admission:
|Step 1||Check Eligibility|
|Step 2||Get Prospectus|
|Step 3||Apply for OPENMAT|
|Step 4||Qualify OPENMAT|
|Step 5||Apply for Admission|
- Check the Eligibility: Candidates should verify the eligibility criteria before applying for admission. Only if the candidates successfully fulfill the required eligibility, apply for the further admission procedures.
- Obtain the Prospectus: Candidates should go through the prospectus thoroughly. The prospectus will come along with the application form and will be available through online/offline modes at the price of INR 1050/-. For online prospectus candidates can visit the official website and for offline prospector’s candidates can visit the nearby IGNOU regional centers.
- Form Filling: Candidates will have to download the application form from official website or nearby IGNOU regional center. The application form will be an entry form for OPENMAT entrance examination.
- Submitting the Application From: Candidates are supposed to submit their duly filled application form on time. The candidates will have to attach the demand draft of the application form fee along with the filled application form and send it to the headquarters of IGNOU located in Delhi. The application form should be addressed to Registrar, Student Evaluation Division, Block 12, IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi – 110 068 before the last date.
- Entrance Test: Once the application form is approved and name is registered, candidates can appear for OPENMAT entrance examination and attain a valid score to seek admission. the admit card for the exam can be downloaded from the officials website, which will be made available before the 10 days of the commencement of exam.
- Admission: Once the candidates attain a valid score in OPENMAT, he/she will be eligible to take admission at IGNOU.
Required documents for Admission:
- Attested copies of certificates proving your educational qualifications
- Original of the OPENMAT scorecard
- Original of the OPENMAT Hall ticket
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Work Experience Certificate (if applicable)
Why IGNOU for Distance MBA?
IGNOU is one of the reputed and largest providers of Distance Education in the world. The distance learning MBA program offered by Indira Gandhi National University (IGNOU) is recognized by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). IGNOU provides higher education opportunities mainly to the disadvantaged segments of society.
IGNOU hosts the Secretariats of the SAARC Consortium on Open and Distance Learning (SACODiL) and the Global Mega Universities Network (GMUNET) initially supported by UNESCO. There are several advantages unique to IGNOU as far as distance learning MBAs are taken into consideration.IGNOU Distance MBA Advantages
IGNOU Distance MBA Learning Methodology
Working Professionals have a demanding job, it becomes still more tedious if they don’t have necessary resources while they take up this course when they are into their profession. So IGNOU is providing certain resources and entities which could help them to carry their distance MBA along with their profession. IGNOU uses a variety of means to offer the learning materials to the students.
In IGNOU, The mode of learning used is the Open Distance Learning Mode. Here the study materials will be provided to the student from time to time by IGNOU. The students have to learn using these study materials and prepare assignment; projects etc. and finally prepare for the examinations.Learning Methodology & Stduy Materials