Karnataka Management Aptitude Test [KMAT]
The Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association (KPPGCA) will conduct the Karnataka KMAT for admission to 189+ AICTE supported/University connected Management Institutes in Karnataka. In addition, the Karnataka Management Aptitude Test is taken every year at the state level for admission to MBA/PGDM and MCA programs. In Karnataka, around 170 B-schools and approximately 60 MCA institutes accept the KMAT score for offering admission to the PG courses. Registration for the KMAT Karnataka exam will begin on the fourth week of May 2024. It is expected that KMAT 2024 exam might take place in July 2024. The last date to apply for KMAT 2024 is scheduled for the 2nd week of July. Before filling out the KMAT 2024 Online application form, applicants must review the KMAT Eligibility Criteria. The KMAT examination will target competitors seeking admission to AICTE-approved MBA, PGDM, and MCA programs at KMAT Participating Institutes across the state. Applicants can read the entire article to learn more about KMAT 2024.
- The KMAT exam is usually conducted in a paper-based format; however, it is being conducted in a delegated internet-based format (Online Proctored Mode) this year.
- The KMAT examination is often easy to moderately difficult and is more uncomplicated than other MBA exams such as the CAT, XAT, and ATMA.
- The participating institutions will provide their own KMAT Cut off based on the results of the KMAT 2024 exam. KMAT 2024 Cut off score is expected to be 85+ for top MBA/PGDM institutes in Karnataka, based on the previous year's cut-offs.
- Higher than or equal who meet certain criteria may be considered for admission.
- At first, candidates will be shortlisted based on the cut-off percentile. Later shortlisted candidates have to appear for Personal Interviews and Group Discussion selection rounds at respective college campuses.
Important Highlights for KMAT 2024 Exam
Exam Conducting Body
Admission to 150+ MBA Colleges and 60 MCA Colleges
MBA, PGDM, MCA
No. of test cities
Once a year
Mode of KMAT examination
Offline mode (Paper-based test)
2:00 PM to 4:00 PM
KMAT 2024 Exam Date
KMAT 2024 Application form availability
4th week of May 2024
The last date to submit the KMAT 2024 application form.
2nd week of July 2024
KMAT 2024 Admit Card Availability
3rd week of July 2024
KMAT 2024 Exam Date
4th week of July 2024
Release of KMAT 2024 Answer key
4th week of July 2024
KMAT 2024 result declaration
KMAT 2024 Eligibility criteria
Know the complete details for some key directions about the KMAT Karnataka 2024 Application Process.
- The KMAT 2024 application form will be issued over the internet by the 4th week of May 2024.
- Only qualified applicants will get an application form from the authority; thus, candidates should confirm their eligibility before submitting for the exam.
- Candidates should fill out the application form carefully because there will be no correction facility for making changes.
- All communication from the exam authority will be done through phone numbers and email addresses. So the candidates should provide valid information while registering for KMAT.
- The KMAT 2024 registration procedure will be extended until the second week of July 2024, so candidates should submit their application forms before the deadline.
KMAT 2024 Application Process
Candidates seeking admission to MBA/MCA programmes at KMAT 2024 Participating Colleges must complete the following steps in the admission process:
Step 1- Register for the KMAT 2024 exam
Registration is the first step in the KMAT 2024 application process. On the official website of KMAT India, candidates can register for KMAT 2024. They must apply for the Karnataka KMAT 2024 test by filling out the application form on the official website.
Step 2- Complete the KMAT Application Form 2024
- Candidates must complete the KMAT application form 2024 with basic information about themselves, such as their academic ability, residence, reservation class, and ethnicity, and upload photographs and scores.
- The KMAT application will be completed only once the application fee is paid, and it may be paid online using payment options like as Net Banking, Credit Card, Debit Card, Wallets, and so on.
KMAT 2024 Application Fee
- The application fees for KMAT 2024 Cost INR 800/-.
- The Application Fee can be submitted online.
- Candidates can pay their application fees with a credit card, a debit card, or net banking.
KMAT 2024 Application Form & fees
The KMAT aspirant students will have to follow a few steps before applying for KMAT 2024; the application/ registration process for KMAT 2024 involves a set of the following stages: KMAT 2024 Online Registration, KMAT Password, getting Enrolment ID, Filling the Application and Uploading scanned Photographs and other required Documents, paying of KMAT 2024 application fees, etc.
Candidates must have an in-depth look into the details regarding the KMAT 2024 Application Form:
The KMAT 2024 Application Form will be made live and accessible in the 4th week of May 2024, as said by the authority, and the last due date for the submission of the application form with fee will be in the second week of July 2024. KMAT Karnataka 2024 Application form will be made available via online mode on the official website of the Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association (KPPGCA)
- Once the KMAT 2024 registration is done, the candidate will receive an individual ID and password that he/she can change later according to their wish. This detail should be managed carefully and used further while filling the application and later receiving its confirmation.
- Once the details are filled in, the candidate must upload a scanned image of the photograph & signature in the prescribed digital format. The applicant should be careful about the file's size because the website often won't accept huge sized files.
- It is mandatory that the applicant has to provide a valid/ working email ID & contact details in the application form; if not, the application will not be accepted.
- There is no need for the candidate to send any hard copy of the application form for further use, but it is suggested to have a soft copy for future reference.
- Lastly, the applicant has to pay application fees, and that can be done online via credit card, debit card, or net banking. The KMAT 2024 application fees will be INR 800/- for all applicants' categories.
- Later, the preview and changes, if any to make, can be done, and once candidates click on the 'Confirm and Final Submit' button, there won't be any chances to make any changes.
- All applicants are suggested to check their given information for any mistakes thoroughly.
- Lastly, Click on "Confirm and Submit."
KMAT 2024 Eligibility criteria
Candidates preparing to appear for KMAT 2024 should be well-aware of the authorities who have made some important considerations in their KMAT 2024 eligibility criteria. Understanding the prescribed criteria will help the aspiring candidates to know if they are well qualified or have the capacity to appear for the exam before filling the online application form. Here, the candidates should realize that once the committee decides that the aspirant doesn’t fit the criteria, the application may be considered disqualified at any admission stage.
Eligibility criteria for MBA/ PGDM Course:
Educational Qualification: Candidates must be qualified for having a bachelor’s degree with a minimum 3-year duration/ Master’s degree from any recognized board or Institution.
Compulsory subject: Aspiring candidates willing to pursuing a mandatory management degree with Business administration, engineering, commerce, social science, or arts with qualifying marks.
Allowed Percentage: should have qualified with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for reserved category) aggregate in any of the qualifying entrance examination.
Appearing: Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination will be considered as eligible to take up the examination.
Eligibility criteria for MCA Course:
Educational Qualification: Candidates must have a qualifying Bachelor’s degree in a relevant stream from any recognized university of the state to be eligible for the examination.
Applicable Percentage: one must score a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in all the subjects to qualify for the examination.
Compulsory inclusive subject: Applicants must have Mathematics as their compulsory subject to be qualified for the entrance test.
KMAT 2024 Syllabus & Exam Pattern
The examination pattern for the KMAT 2024 exam is as follows:
- Test Mode: The exam will only be given in offline (pen-and-paper) mode.
- Candidates will have two hours to finish the question paper.
- KMAT 2024 Question Paper will consist of 120 multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
- KMAT 2024 Marking Scheme: Candidates will earn one point for each correct answer, and there will be no negative marking in the KMAT exam.
No. of questions
Verbal ability & reading comprehension
Total no. of questions
KMAT 2024 Syllabus
Students undertaking KMAT 2024 must review the KMAT 2024 Syllabus before beginning exam preparation. The syllabus of KMAT contains topics related to fundamental arithmetic, aptitude, and language comprehension abilities; therefore, candidates should follow the syllabus when taking the KMAT exam. In addition to reviewing the KMAT 2024 Exam Pattern & Syllabus, candidates must solve the previous year KMAT Question Papers. It helps the candidates to learn more about the important topics and their weightage.
Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension:
- Comprehension Of Passages
- Choice Of Appropriate Words
- Sentence Completion
- Phrases, Expressions
Logical and Abstract Reasoning:
- Odd One Out
- Direction Sense
- Blood Relations
- Linear Arrangement
- Dice Related Problems
- Circular Arrangement
- Data Sufficiency
- Number Series
- Letter Series
- Interpretation of Tables
- Common Graphs & Charts
- Ratio & Proportion
- Time & Speed
- Profit & Loss
- Simple & Compound Interest
Some of the Important books to refer for KMAT 2024
The books for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension and logical and quantitative ability that a candidate can study to increase their score are as follows:
Books to refer for KMAT 2024
O P Sinhala
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
Wren and Marten
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
Quantitative Aptitude for MBA Entrance Examination
Mathematics for MBA
R S Agarwal
KMAT 2024 Preparation Tips
- Learn more about the topic: It is critical to study and comprehend the syllabus for any significant test to know what topics will be addressed. It's important to prepare ahead of time to complete each part. Brush up on your vocab and syntactic essentials for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension. Understand newspapers and magazines and make a list of every new term you come across. Candidates should also have their fundamentals in place for the KMAT Quantitative Aptitude section. Start by completing the problems in the ninth or tenth standard number related book.
- Work on Time and Accuracy- To tackle the most difficult queries in the shortest amount of time, one should improve their capacity to answer questions more quickly. It is something that can be attained via training. Recognize the weak areas while completing mock tests and focus on improving them. Don't spend more time on KMAT Mock Tests and Practice Papers than the time allotted in the paper. It will help you prepare for the exam day.
- Recognize the following topics based on your ability: While completing the mock test, list the areas where you are having difficulties. Try to figure out why you couldn't answer them, look up similar worked-out cases, and, of course, work on comparative queries and respond to them. Remember to switch between solid sections at the same time. If necessary, get assistance from seniors and educators.
- Maintain a Stress-Free Environment: When preparing for the KMAT test, make sure you have a peaceful and serene environment in which to concentrate well. Maintain a regular programme for concentration to have no anxiety without a second to spare. When the test is approaching, avoid studying new topics as this will add to your psychological stress. Rest well the day before the exam and keep quiet on the exam day.
- Brush Up on Formulae and methods: The numerical and logical portions of the exam may be aced by mastering a few tricks, formulas, and shortcut tricks. Several blogs, tapes, and books are available to help you with the same. It is also suggested to keep tables till no less than 20 beside the square and cube pulls for speedier calculation. Remember that calculators are not permitted in the KMAT Exam.
KMAT 2024 Admit Card
Upon successful submitting the KMAT 2024 application form, applicants will receive their KMAT 2024 admit card by the third week of July 2024. The admission card will be accessible for download on the official website in an internet-based way. Candidates would download the KMAT 2024 admit card by entering their login credentials in the admit card window on the official website. Candidates must appear for the KMAT on the scheduled exam date and time.
- Candidates must access their KMAT Exam Admit Card by visiting the official website.
- Applicants must download and print the admission card and adhere a photograph to it.
- Candidates appearing for the exam should bring their admit card and a valid identity for verification. In the absence of these reports, applicants will be deemed unable to take the exam.
- The KMAT 2024 Exam Centre Location and KMAT 2024 Date & Time Details will be printed on the admit card.
The following are the steps to obtain your KMAT 2024 admit card:
- Visit the official KMAT 2024 website.
- Use your login credentials, such as KMAT 2024 Registered Id and password, created during the KMAT 2024 registration process.
- The KMAT 2024 Admit Card Download link will be found on the profile page.
KMAT 2024 Results & Score Card
- The KMAT 2024 Exam results will be released through the internet by August 2024.
- Candidates should examine their results carefully and retrieve their scorecard using their KMAT application number/registration ID and date of birth.
- Experts will compile a list of legitimate certified applicants based on the imprints obtained during the KMAT test.
- The candidates' names in this breakdown will guide and progress the admission process.
KMAT 2024 Counselling & Admission
- Candidates who have been shortlisted based on KMAT results will be invited to participate in the further selection process to express their preferences for course and organization.
- Candidates should report to the KMAT guidance centre as per the timetable provided on the official website.
- Candidates should also bring important documents with them because they will be scrutinized at the time of directing.
- After a successful confirmation based on their preferences and choices, seats will be distributed to the contenders.
- The chosen candidates will subsequently be required to respond to the assigned organization to complete the admission formalities.
Necessary documents required during the KMAT Counselling process are:
- Original mark sheets
- Caste Certificate
- Exam scorecard
- Passport size photographs
- Photo ID proof
Ask & Answers
What are the eligibility criteria of KMAT?
Eligibility criteria for MBA/PGDM:
- Aspirants should be a graduate from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% aggregate (45% in case of SC/ST).
- Aspirants pursuing their final year degree program can also apply.
- Aspirants should consider quality in management, commerce, engineering/technology, arts, social science, or equivalent domains.
Eligibility criteria for MCA:
- Aspirants should have a graduation degree from a recognized board with a minimum of 50% aggregate (45% in case of SC/ST).
- Aspirants pursuing their final year degree program can also apply for the test.
- Aspirants must study Mathematics at the 10+2 stage or graduation level.
I want to know the KMAT Application Form Fee details?
KMAT Application Form Fee Details:
- KMAT Application Form could be either filled via online mode or offline mode.
- KMAT Application Form Fee costs Rs 1000, and the payment can be made via online mode, i.e., Credit card/Debit card/Net banking and other online payment.
- The payment of the KMAT Application form fee can also be made via offline mode, i.e., through DD.
Which sections do we have in the KMAT Exam pattern? And I want to know the marks distribution for each section in the KMAT exam?
Details on KMAT Exam pattern:
- KMAT exam will be held offline, i.e., Pen and Paper-based Tests.
- KMAT exam will have 3 sections: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Ability, and Logical Reasoning.
- In the KMAT Exam pattern, The Total Number of questions is 120 (MCQs), consisting of 480 marks. Each section comprises 160 marks (40 Qs each section).
- The duration of the KMAT exam is 2 Hours.
- For every right answer in the KMAT Exam pattern, 4 marks will be provided.
- Negative marking is applicable as 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
I want to know some Important KMAT Preparation Tips?
Tips for KMAT preparation:
- Aspirants need to do KMAT preparation section-wise by putting up an appropriate timetable.
- They need to build their skills in Reading comprehension and Verbal Ability.
- Aspirants are required to practice KMAT question papers and mock tests.
- Stay Healthy is the basic tip for KMAT preparation.
May I know how I should check my KMAT Results?
Details on how to check KMAT Results:
- The candidate needs to visit the official website of KMAT to check the KMAT Result.
- KMAT results will be made available via online mode.
- The candidates need to enter their KMAT Application number and DOB to check the KEAM Result.
- KMAT results will be displayed on the screen.
How will I avail myself KMAT Admit card?
To avail KMAT Admit card:
- KMAT Aspirants need to visit the official website of KMAT to Avail KMAT Admit card.
- KMAT Admit card will be made available via online mode.
- After receiving the KMAT admit card, Aspirants need to paste the passport size photo in the KMAT Admit card (Hall Ticket).
- Aspirants need to get their Admit card in the examination hall and valid ID proof.
Another important factor for an aspirant to know is about KMAT qualifying and Admission cut off:
KMAT Cut-off will be declared on the basis of applicant’s excellence in the entrance test and their results that will get released via online on the official website. Cut-off/ margin percentage is based on so many numbers of factors such as candidates individual section score, number of candidates, difficulty level of examination, and many other things. It is mandatory for applicants to reach the margin criteria to qualify the examination & to further participate in various processes.
KMAT Admission Cut Off:
KMAT will have the minimum Cut-Off score that the candidate will have to have in order to qualify for the examination. Cut-off margin usually depends on the number of students taking up the exam, no. of seats available, the difficulty level of the exam, and the previous year margin. Cut-off will be announced individually after the entrance test results are released by participating institutions & colleges. The candidates should evaluate all these terms and then appear for the entrance exam in the interested category.
KMAT Participating Institutes
KMAT 2024 is the opening door to more than 169 + institutes that are AICTE-approved and affiliated B-schools located in Bangalore and Karnataka.
List of KMAT examination centres
At the time of filling the application for KMAT , the candidates should select their preferred exam centres for taking up the examination. Through Allotment of KMAT exam centre for each registered candidate will be done based on choice filled by candidate and availability of seats. The exam details will be printed on the admit card along with other details.
KMAT will be held in some of the following zones