Anna University Engineering Entrance [TNEA]
TNEA 2019 exam or the Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions 2019 happens to be a well-renowned engineering entrance examination which is conducted by Anna University for students who seek admission in different undergraduate engineering courses that are offered by various colleges of the state of Tamil Nadu. The entrance test is conducted every year in the month of May or June. However, there will be no entrance test in the year 2019. The admission in different engineering courses will be accomplished on the basis of marks scored by candidates in class XII.
This entrance examination is organized by the Anna University for filling up the seats to the different engineering courses across the various engineering colleges in the state. This is a comprehensive screening test that serves as a single window process to screen candidates, seeking admission to the different courses of engineering.
It is essential to meet the eligibility criteria for candidates appearing in the entrance examination. Thus candidates should ensure to check whether they are meeting the eligibility criteria to avoid confusion later on. The compulsory subjects for qualifying the examination are inclusive of Mathematics, Chemistry, and Physics.
TNEA Eligibility criteria
Candidates should have passed higher secondary or equivalent examination with an aggregate score of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Candidates from SC, ST and OBC communities should have scored 45% marks in this regard to be considered eligible.
To be considered eligible to appear for this test, candidates should have passed their VIII to Higher secondary examination In Tamil Nadu. Exemptions in this regard are given towards of central government employees, serving in Tamil Nadu for more than a span of 5 years. If a native to Tamil Nadu passes any of the examinations between the 8th and 12th standard from schools outside the state are also eligible to apply for this process.
TNEA Application Form & fees
Application for the test can fill both through the online and offline mode. Candidates interested in appearing at the test should file their application, either in person, through post or can submit online, along with the set of documents, prescribed by the university.
The application fee can be remitted either in cash, DD, or through internet banking, Debit and credit card. The university will start issuing the application form from the 1st week of May and candidates should file the application by the last working day in the month of May 2019.
TNEA Syllabus & Exam Pattern
As the entire selection process is based on counselling and merit listing and candidates need not appear for any examinations, there can be no syllabus for the examination. The merit list is prepared on the basis of the marks scored by the candidates in the higher secondary examination and higher is the score of the candidates, better will be their chances to get admission to the courses.
TNEA screening is done entirely based on the merit list that the university prepares on the basis of the marks candidates scores in Higher Secondary examination as well as meeting another point of eligibility, as prescribed by the University. The university will process the applications received from the candidates and will prepare a merit list. All the open positions will be filled through this merit list and there is no provision of any screening examination linked with this process.
TNEA Admit Card
There is no provision for Admit card for this screening as candidates will not have to appear for any examination, but admissions are made based on counselling and merit list prepared by the university, based on the academic scores and the candidates meeting other prescribed eligibility criteria.
TNEA Results & Score Card
The counselling process is likely to start from the first week of June 2018 and the university will be publishing the merit list on its official website after the counselling process is completed.
The Anna University will be releasing the rank list in the month of June. The university will confer the community wise rank list and overall ranks via the rank list. The rank list can be availed on the official website online. Eligible candidates will get notification from the university via post through counselling invitation letter. The rank list for the entrance test will be accomplished in accordance with the norms of class XII marks. Seats will be allotted to the candidates in accordance with this rank list. The rank list of the students will be dependent on several factors such as reservation criteria, community categories and inter merit guidelines.
TNEA Counselling & Admission
The counselling for the entrance test will be conducted in the month of June 2018 tentatively. The University will organize the counselling in accordance with the communal reservation of the candidate and their merit. The counselling will be accomplished as per branch wise.
The counselling process for the year 2019 will be carried in 6 different steps where students require to collect the application form, get the same verified by the authority and wait for the declaration of the rank list. The candidates need to be present in person in counselling in accordance with the allotted schedule after receiving call letters. There will be a single window counselling. Candidates need to submit the documents for verification process during counselling. It is essential to carry the prerequisite documents and their xerox copy.
TNEA Participating Colleges
The participating colleges in TNEA 2019 :
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions,
Ph:044 - 22358265 , 22358266
Ask & Answers
In Eligibility criteria, what will be the Qualification criteria?
Details on Eligibility criteria:
- Qualification criteria: Aspirants should be qualified in their 10th, 12th exam (10+2 system) from a recognized board.
- Compulsory subjects: Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
- Percentage criteria: 50% marks aggregate for General cadre, For SC/ST candidates 40% marks aggregate, for OBC candidates 45% marks aggregate.
- Domicile: the candidate has to belong to the state of Tamil Nadu in order to fulfill the Eligibility Criteria.
- The candidates who doesn’t belong to the state of Tamil Nadu, but they need to clear their 10+2 class from the state can also apply.
Wanted to know the process of filling Application form?
Process of filling Application form
- Aspirants are required to visit the official website in order to register for exam.
- The candidates need to fill the complete details in Application form via online mode.
- The hard copy of filled Application form along with required documents (enclosures) has to be sent to the Secretary Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions.
May I know, which are the Documents required at the time of Counselling process?
Documents required at the time of Counselling process are:
- 10th marks card is necessary.
- 12th exam mark sheet is required.
- Study and Passing Certificates of 10th & 12th class.
- 6 Passport size photograph is required.
- Reservation certificate if applicable.
- Income certificate and Domicile certificate has to be shown during TNEA Counselling process.
Provide me the details on Admission Process?
Details on Admission Process:
- Admission Process will begin after the Counselling process.
- For the Admission process, Aspirants need to get their required documents and allotment letter.
- Then the aspirants need to report to their allotted Institution.
- Then they are required to pay the program fee and have to complete the institution’s admission formalities.
How much will be Application form Fee?
Details on Application Form Fee:
- After filling up the Application Form, they need to pay the Application form fee.
- For General cadre, Application Form fee costs Rs500.For SC/ST/OBC cadre candidates, it is Rs 200.
- The payment of Application Form has to be done via online mode i.e. Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking.