The VITEEE 2023 eligibility criteria and the official brochure will be released on its official website by the Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT). If candidates do not meet the minimum VITEEE 2023 eligibility criterion, they will not be eligible to fill out the application form for VITEEE 2023. VITEEE 2023 eligibility requirements will contain parameters that candidates must meet in order to be considered for the VIT entrance test, such as nationality, qualifying exam, age, qualifying exam marks, necessary topics, and so on. As a result, they should double-check the qualifying requirements before submitting the VITEEE 2023 application form. In addition, candidates who intend to participate in VITEEE 2023 must meet the VIT's VITEEE Eligibility Criteria.
The qualifying requirements for VITEEE 2023 are shown in the table below.
Those born on or after July 1, 2000, are eligible to apply.
Marks needed in qualifying exam
VITEEE 2023 Admission eligibility criteria
Candidates who pass the VITEEE 2023 exam can participate in VITEEE 2023 counselling and seat allocation. Based on their merit ranks, candidates will be invited to participate in the VITEEE counselling. During counselling, candidates will be asked to select their chosen VIT campus and B.Tech programme. Afterwards, candidates will be admitted based on their VITEEE merit rank, seat availability, and preferences. Candidates from Jammu and Kashmir, North Indian states, and the SC/ST category must get a 50% aggregate in Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics/Biology in Class 12. Students who appear in Class 12 can also apply for the test.
VITEEE Eligibility criteria for foreign students
Candidates who are foreign nationals must meet the following requirements for Eligibility Criteria for VITEEE 2023
- Students should have attended a school that taught English as a second language.
- They must take Mathematics and Physics as two subjects at A level/Form VI/Senior VI or its equivalent. Chemistry, Computer Science, Electronics, Biotechnology, or Biology might be the third subject.
- In 10+2 or equivalent, candidates must have a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in these disciplines.
VITEEE 2023 Eligibility criteria for NRI students
Candidates who are NRIs must meet the following requirements for Eligibility Criteria for VITEEE 2023
- Students must take English as one of their qualifying examination courses.
- They must have completed 12 years of schooling with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as required topics and Biology or Biotechnology.
- Candidates must have a least 60 per cent average in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM) or Biology or Biotechnology (PCB) in a 10+2 or comparable exam.
Subject-wise eligibility criteria for VITEEE 2023
- All B Tech programmes are open to candidates who choose Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, English, and Aptitude.
- Students who choose Biology, Chemistry, Physics, English, or Aptitude will be eligible for just the Bio stream programmes listed below
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering with a Bioinformatics specialization (VIT, Vellore)
- Biotechnology (B.Tech) (VIT, Vellore)
- B.Tech. in Electronics and Communication with a Biomedical Engineering specialization (VIT, Vellore)
- Bioengineering (B.Tech) (VIT, Bhopal)
Important guidelines for candidates applying for VITEEE 2023
- To be eligible for admission under the usual mode, Indian nationals, NRIs, and PIO cards must take the test (Applicants under the International / NRI quota are exempted).
- Students who have studied PCM as their main subject at the 12th level but wish to apply for B Tech Programs rather than bio-relevant streams must enrol in a bridging course in mathematics.
- Upload a scanned copy of your mark sheet and any other papers you'll need to prove your eligibility for admission to the University.
- If any students fail to show a certificate proving their community/ nativity at the time of counselling, they will be disqualified from consideration for admission.
- The date of birth reported in high school, Xth grade, or SSC shall be considered valid. Original High School/Xth/SSC certificates must be shown at counselling/admission. If you do not show the papers, you will be denied admission to the University.
- What is the minimum age requirement for VITEEE 2023?
VITEEE 2023 is open to candidates born on or after July 1, 2000.
- What programmes in VITEEE are connected to the Bio stream?
These are the programs/courses available to students who took PCB as a topic in their 10+2. The following are examples of bio-stream courses:
B.Tech in Bio-Engineering, B.Tech in Bio-Technology, B.Tech in Bio-Technology, B.Tech in Bio-Technology, B.Tech
B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering with a Bioinformatics specialization B.Tech in Electronics and Communication with a Biomedical Engineering specialization
- I am a student at NIOS. Is it possible for me to apply for VITEEE 2023?
Yes, National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) students can apply for VITEEE 2023.
- What are the VITEEE 2023 eligibility requirements?
Candidates must have scored at least 60% in Maths/Biology, Chemistry, and Physics in their 10+2 or equivalent examination. For applicants from the SC/ST category, Jammu & Kashmir/Ladakh, and the North-Eastern states, the minimum percentage mark is 50%.
- What are the VITEEE 2023 minimum qualifying requirements for overseas candidates?
Candidates must have attended an English-medium school and taken Mathematics and Physics as two topics in their 10+2 exam. Chemistry, Computer Science, Electronics, Biotechnology, or Biology might be the third subject. The needed minimum percentage of marks is 60%.
- What courses are available to PCM students for VITEEE 2023?
All B Tech programmes are open to students who have completed PCM in class 12th or an equivalent test.
- Does an NRI student also have to appear for an exam to secure VIT University admission?
Yes, everyone who wants admission to VIT has to appear for the VITEEE exam.
- Is VITEEE 2023 will also be conducted in an offline mode?
No, VITEEE 2023 exam will only be conducted in online mode.