Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test is a university level examination organized by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. This university organizes a series of CETs for admission in different courses.
Exam is organized for admission in various UG and PG courses in the field of engineering, medical, management, law, computer applications, etc. offered by the Indraprasth University.
Applicants are eligible for examination only if they satisfy following condition:-
- Candidate must be passed in Higher Secondary Examination or any equivalent examination and from a recognized university.
- Candidate must pass with at least 55% of aggregate in PCM (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics) and English as a compulsory as a subject.
- Those who are appearing for the Higher Secondary Examination are also eligible for the examination if they satisfy all the conditions
- The age of applicant should not be more than 21 years.
- The maximum upper age limit may be relaxed up to 5 years in exceptional cases by the Admission Officer of the concerned program if he/she is satisfied with the merit of the case
- The Exam will be 150 multiple choice questions of 600 marks.
- The period for the examination will be 2.5 hours.
- Candidates are required to use only black ball pen to mark answers.
- One mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Negative marking will be done for wrong answers and for more than one answer to each question.
- The Medium of test will be in English only.
Syllabus for 2019:
Physics and Measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body, Gravitation, Properties of Bulk Matter, Thermodynamics, Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory, Oscillations and Waves, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Atoms and Nuclei, Electronic Devices, Communication System.
Chemical Arithmetic & Atomic Structure, Chemical Equilibrium, Chemical Kinetics, Solutions, Chemical Thermodynamics, Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry, Solid State & States of Matter, Surface Chemistry, Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, Chemistry of Representative Elements, Transition Elements Including Lanthanides, Nomenclature and Basic Concepts in the Organic Chemistry, Hydrocarbons, Organic Chemistry Based On Functional Group-I, Organic Chemistry Based On Function Group-II, Organic Chemistry Based On Functional Group-III, Co-Ordination Chemistry and Organometallics, Molecules of Life, Polymers.
Sets, Relations and Functions, Complex Numbers, Linear In equation, Linear Programming, Sequence and Series, Permutation and Combinations, Trigonometric and Inverse Trigonometry Functions, Matrices and Determinants, Limit Continuity and Differentiation, Integration and Differential Equations, Straight Lines and Conic Sections, Statistics and Probability, Vectors and Three Dimensional Geometry.
Result will be provided to students via online mode. The result will be released after one month from the examination date. After result announcement a merit list will be prepared according to the marks obtained by the candidates in CET.
counselling includes the process of online registration, choice filling, document verification and seat allotment for the candidates who have qualified.
The registration fee for counselling Rs.1000 (non-refundable) can be paid through net banking/credit/debit card or through bank challan at any branch of Indian Bank. Candidates will be able to register after two days of counselling fee payment.
- For registration, candidates are required to log in by entering their course, roll number of IPU CET 2019, date of birth and result status.
- Candidates will have to fill in the bank reference number (transaction ID/Challan Number) at the first step of their registration for the counselling.
- After authentication, candidates are required to enter their particulars like personal details, academic details, and contact details with address, mobile no. and Email ID.
- As per the specifications mentioned, candidates will have to choose a password.
- Candidates are required to fill their choices as per their course preferences for IPU CET counselling 2018.
- Candidates must fill the maximum number of options to ensure that they allotted the seat of their choice. A candidate can opt for as many numbers of options as possible.
- Important: Candidates must take print out of two copies of registration form - one copy for submission, and the other one for future references.
For document verification, the candidates must report at the centre with original certificates and a set of photocopies.
They must carry the following documents for verification:
- Class 10th Marks Sheet and Certificate
- Class 12th Marks Sheet and Certificate
- Admit Card
- Score Card
- PwD certificate (if applicable)
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Conduct and Character Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended
- Certificate of Medical Fitness as specified
- Two identical photograph
Enlisted Exam Centre :-
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
Sector - 16C Dwarka
Delhi - 110078, India
Fax: +91-11- 25302111
Website :- http://www.ipu.ac.in.