ECET FDH Exam: 2020 Application, Eligibility, Syllabus & Pattern

Engineering Lateral Entry Entrance Test [ECET FDH]

ECET FDH - Engineering Lateral Entry Entrance Test

 Engineering Common Entrance Test for Diploma Holders will be conducted by JNT University Anantapur on behalf of the Andhra Pradesh State Council of the Higher Education (APSCHE) for the academic year.

It is a national level examination which is conducted for giving the admission to the student in the B. Tech course. The student can get a lateral entry in the college after giving the ECET FDH. This entrance exam is conducted in the regions of Andhra Pradesh.

ECET FDH Exam Date

Announcement of notification

1st week of Feb

Starting date of submission of online application 

2nd week of Feb

Last date of submission of online application without late fee     

3rd week of March

Last date of submission of online application with late fee of Rs1000/-  

2nd week of April

Last date of Submission of online application with late fee of Rs5000                  

3rd week of April

Downloading of Hall tickets

Last week of April

Announcement of answer key

3rd week of May

Announcement of results

4th week of May

Exam date and Time schedule

2nd week of May (10:00 AM to 1:00 PM )

ECET FDH Eligibility criteria

Admission to 85% of the seats in each course shall be reserved (Local) for the local candidates and the remaining 15% of the seats shall be Un-Reserved (Non-local),seats as specified in the AP Educational Institutions orders,1974 as subsequently amended.

For lateral entry Candidates should have appeared and qualified. Mere appearance at the Entrance Test does not automatically entitle a candidate to be considered for entry into any course unless the candidate satisfies the requirement of eligibility and other criteria laid down in the rules of admission.

ECET FDH Application Form & fees

For registration and submission of online application the aspiring candidates have to visit the web site
Application form will cost Rs.400, payment of the registration fee can be done online through AP Online services or Payment Gateway provided ( through Credit Card/Debit Card/ Net banking)

ECET FDH Syllabus & Exam Pattern

  • There will be one question paper for "Three hours duration.
  • The question paper will be in "English” medium only.
  • The entrance test will be offline mode (Paper-pen) based test.
  • The question paper will carry a total 200 marks.
  • The question paper will contain a total of 200 questions with objective type and multiple choice. Each question carries out of 1 mark.

Multiple choice questions will four alternatives a,b,c,d, candidate mark the one option out of given options, the candidates gives more than one answers to any questions such answers will be ignored while awarding marks.


Max Marks




Common to all branches



Common to all branches



Common to all branches

Engineering (All streams)


Separate Question paper for each branch of Engineering.

ECET FDH Admit Card

All the candidates have to come to the Examination hall with a printout of online submitted application. The candidate has to affix the passport size photograph (should be same as that of uploaded) duly signed by Gazetted Officer.Candidates are not admitted to the examination after 10.00 A.M. and not permitted to leave the hall before 1.00 P.M

ECET FDH Results & Score Card

  • The student will be ranked (Integrated Merit Rank) based on the marks obtained by him/her in the APECET [FDH & B.Sc (Mathematics)] Examination.
  • Every care will be taken to avoid errors in valuation, checking, scrutiny, tabulation and ranking. Hence request for re-totaling, revaluation or personal identification of scripts will in no case be entertained.
  • Candidates will be ranked in the order of merit in APECET [FDH & B.Sc.(Mathematics)]separately in each branch of Engineering Course.

ECET FDH Counselling & Admission

The qualifying percentage marks for obtaining a rank is 25% of the aggregate marks in the four subjects (three subjects for B.Sc. Mathematics) i.e., 50 marks out of a total of 200. However, in the case of SC/ST candidates, there shall be no minimum qualifying marks for ranking the candidates. The rank obtained with the benefit of relaxation of the minimum qualifying marks at the APECET [FDH & B.Sc.(Mathematics)] by any candidate claiming to belong to SC/ST category will be cancelled in case the claim is found to be invalid at the time of admission.

List of ECET FDH examination centres

Regional centers


Ananthpur,Kakinada,Vijayawada :-

All branches of Engineering,B.Sc and Pharmacy.

Tirupati,Visakapatnam :-

Civil,Mechanical,EE,ECE,CSE,EIE,Chemical Engg and B.Sc.

Guntur,Vizianagaram :-

Civil,Mechanical,EEE,ECE,CSE & B.SC 

ECET FDH Contact Information

Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Anantapur,
Ananthapuramu – 515 002
E-Mail :
Website :