Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology is a premier institution of India established in 1983 as Delhi Institute of Technology. This institution offers admission to students in various UG and PG courses. NSIT Admission 2018 in UG courses (B.Tech) will be given on the basis of JEE Main entrance examination score.
Admissions will be done by JAC (Joint Admission Counselling), Delhi. The institute has grown leaps and bounds since its inception, both in size and in the scope of its activities. The overall academic environment in the institution is highly conducive for achieving excellence in education and research.
The Important events of NSIT are given below:-
Events of NSIT
Online registration starts
Last week of June, 2018
Last date for submitting the registration-cum-counselling fee (through e-challan)
Second week of July, 2018
Last date for submitting the registration-cum-counselling fee (through online mode)
Third week of July, 2018
Last date for choice filling
Third week of July, 2018
The candidate have to fulfill the below given eligibility criteria for NSIT 2018:-
- Candidates must have passed 12th from CBSE, ICSE or any equivalent board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
- Candidates should have scored minimum 75% marks (for general candidate) in the PCM group.
- For reserved categories like SC/ST minimum 55% is required
- There is no minimum age requirement for UG courses.
There is no separate exam for NSIT, as the selection is been done through the JEE Main rank candidates will be eligible for the admissions as per the marks scored by them in the JEE Main entrance exam for paper one.
Counselling process conducted by JAC (Joint Admission Counselling), Delhi. Counselling will be done through online process. Students who have paid the counselling-cum-registration fee will be eligible to participate in the counselling process. Counselling will be organized in four rounds. The detailed counselling process is mentioned below:
Online Choice Filling & Locking:
- Candidates can fill their choices of institution and branch via online process through the official website of JAC.
- According to the eligibility of candidates, list of available seats and branches will be displayed.
- Candidates are allowed to fill as much number of choices from the list of available choices.
- Candidates are not permitted to delete, change or re-order the earlier choices.
- Choices filled by students will be locked automatically after the registration period is over.
- Candidates are needed to take the printout of the filled choices for further use.
- Seats will be allotted to students on the basis of merit list or rank list.
- The merit list will be prepared as per the marks obtained in the JEE Main (Paper 1) entrance examination.
Payment of Admission Fee:
- Candidates who have allotted a seat first time are required to pay the admission fee within the given time period. Students can pay the admission fee by e-challan through SBI bank or using credit/debit card or net banking.
Online Provisional Admission letter:
- The Online Provisional Admission letter will contain the seat allotment, fee payment and many other details. It will be generated online through the official website. Candidates are advised to take printout of the letter for further use.
Physical Reporting at Institution and Document Verification:
Admitted candidates are required to physically present at the allotted institution as per the counselling schedule for document verification process and submit the balance fee (if required). Candidates are required to bring the self-attested photocopies of the following documents:
- Fee payment receipt (original)
- Online Registration form attested by Principal of school last attended /Gazetted Officer
- Printout of filled choices
- Printout of JEE Main Admit Card and Score Card
- Three passport sized photograph
- 12th or equivalent exam mark sheet
- Seat allotment letter
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Reserved category certificate (if applicable)
Netaji Subhas Institute Of Technology
Azad Hind Fauz Marg,
Sector 3, Dwarka, New Delhi,