Jamia Millia Islamia Engineering Entrance Examination [JMI EEE]
JMI EEE is a university level examination conducted by the Jamia Milia Islamia University for admission into various courses of engineering. The foundation was established in the year 1920 and the university came into act by UGC in the year 1988. The university is a multi-layered educational system, which covers all aspects of schooling, under-graduate and post-graduate education and recognizes that teaching and research are complementary components in its march towards academic excellence Jamia Millia Islamia has a historical and distinctive place in the country’s academic scenario.
JMI EEE Exam Date
The tentative dates for JMI EEE 2018 are mentioned below:-
Availability of online application form
10th Dec. to 31th January
Closed date of online application form
first week of May 2018
Availability of admit card for downloading
third week of May 2018
last week of June 2018
Date of declaring the result
second week of July 2018
last week of July 2018
JMI EEE Eligibility criteria
The applicants will be only selected if they have appeared for JEE main examination, as the eligibility criteria given below is for the application process and counselling:-
- The candidate must qualify the 12th class or its equivalent from a recognized board.
- The candidate having 3 or 4 year diploma in engineering approved by AICTE or state board of technical education may also apply.
- Candidates must have mathematics, physics and chemistry as the mandatory subjects.
- Candidates should have 55% marks in their qualifying examination.
- Candidates should not be less than the age of 17 years.
JMI EEE Application Form & fees
Application form will be available from the last week of December 2017, the candidates can fill the form in any of the modes given below:-
The Application fee will be Rs.700/-
The candidate have to fill the application form in the JMI website and can pay the fee through Net Banking, Credit Cards & Debit Cards.For paying fees online the students may visit JMI website URL http://jmi.ac.in/feepayment.
Fees may also be deposited through Demand Draft drawn in favour of “The Registrar, Jamia Millia Islamia”, payable at New Delhi. Demand Draft will be accepted by the Cash Section, Finance & Accounts Office, JMI.
Fees in Cash may be deposited at JMI branches of either Indian Bank or Bank of India. For such payments, students are required to collect the “Pay-in Slip” from the concerned Department/Faculty/Centre’s office.
Fees in cash may also be deposited in other branches of “Indian Bank” or “Bank of India” by generating Fees Payment Challan” online on JMI’s website (http://jmi.ac.in/feepayment).
- If the candidate fails to submit the before the last date then they have to pay the fee with late fee fine as per the following applicable options:
- With a Late Fee of Rs.500/-, in case the fee is paid within 15-days from the last date given on the initial ‘fee-slip’,
- With a Late Fee of Rs.1000/-, in case the fee is paid within one month from the last date given on the initial ‘fee-slip’.
JMI EEE Syllabus & Exam Pattern
The JMI EEE will not conduct its own entrance exam like previous years; rather the admission will be done on the basis of JEE main exam, the same exam pattern is given below:-
Physics – 55 questions – 55 Marks
Chemistry – 55 questions – 55 Marks
Mathematics – 60 questions – 60 Marks
- Total 170 questions with 170 marks will be asked.
- JEE (MAIN) exam will be in Online Mode and the duration will be 3 hours
- The paper consists of MCQs format questions.
- No provision of Negative marking.
The five subjects will be taken into account for calculation of percentile and normalization of
qualifying examination marks for paper 1(B.E./B. Tech.) and paper 2 (B. Arch./B. Planning)of JEE (Main) which are:
4- Any one of (Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Technical Vocational Subject),
5- Any other subject.
If a candidate has appeared in six subjects in the qualifying examination, the subject (fifth or sixth) with better marks will be considered.
The number of attempts which a candidate can avail at JEE (Main) shall be limited to 03.
JMI EEE Results & Score Card
The score of Paper-I of JEE (Main) – 2018 for all candidates will be declared by April 2018. This score shall comprise the actual marks obtained in Paper-I of JEE (Main) – 2018 along with the status of those who qualify for appearing in JEE (Advanced) – 2018 provided and subject to other conditions of eligibility being met.
Separately, on the basis of score in JEE (Main)-2018 and normalised score in Class 12th or equivalent qualifying exam (60% & 40% weightage respectively), separate rank lists will be prepared for admission to B.E./B. Tech. and B. Arch/ B. Planning This will be declared on or before June 2017. JEE (Main)-2018 Rank Card indicating All India Rank, State Rank and Category Rank with total marks and marks in each paper will be available on JEE (Main) website after the declaration of result. The answer keys and images of response sheets (OMR sheets) of Pen & Paper Based examination and Computer based examination will be displayed on the website www.jeemain.nic.in during 2nd to 3rd week of April 2018.
JMI EEE Counselling & Admission
Candidates selected for admission to a Program are required to bring self-attested copies of:-
- JMI’s Acknowledgement Slip,
- Registration Slip,
- JEE (Main) Admit Admit Card,
- JEE (Main) Score Card (Any other document such as “Preview Print” etc. will not be acceptable)
Following documents, along with the originals, at the time of admission:
- Proof of passing the qualifying examination together with the marks sheet in accordance
- with the eligibility requirements for admission as mentioned in this prospectus.
- Proof of age based on the certificate of High School/Secondary School or an equivalent
- Proof of entitlement for a particular reserved category issued by the competent authority.
- Character Certificate from the institution last attended.
- Certificate from an M.B.B.S. doctor or a government hospital certifying blood group.
- In case an intervening /gap period is involved, the candidate has to submit a certificate/
- affidavit from Class 1 Gazetted Officer/ Notary Public for the entire intervening /gap period
- showing year-wise preoccupation and non-indulgence in any criminal activities after leaving the Institution last attended.
- Proof of permanent address as declared in the Application Form with the name of the nearest Police Station and the District.
- The original certificates will be returned after verification. However, JMI will retain the original transcript/result of the qualifying examination for a period of TWO months from the start date of the session.
- Transfer Certificate/Migration Certificate in original within 60 days from the date of
- Admission must be submitted, failing which the admission of the student is liable to be cancelled.
- Classes shall commence as per the schedule notified in the Academic Calendar available on the University Website.
Office of the Controller of Examinations
Jamia Millia Islamia,
Maulana Mohammad Ali Jauhar Marg,
New Delhi – 1100 25,