Overview Karnataka State Law University
Karnataka State Law University (KLSU) is one of the largest federal University in India which was founded in the year 2009 and it is situated in Hubli, Karnataka. The university is recognized by BCI (Bar Council of India), UGC and accredited by NAAC ‘A’ Grade. The university campus area is spread over 55 acres of land and more than 92 law institutes are affiliated under KSLU State University. The main objective of the university is to provide quality of legal education for the aspirants and develop them as professionally competent & socially relevant graduates such that to apprehend the legal primordial goal economic & political justice.
- KLSU offers bachelor’s degree LLB for the duration of three years with an intake capacity of 60 seats, it offers integrated law courses BALLB, BBALLB, B. Com LLB and BALLB with the total intake of 60 students for each course.
- Fees structure at Karnataka State Law University for LLB costs around INR 10,400 per annum for BALLB costs around INR 10,400 and for the LLM Course it costs approximate INR 11,850 per annum and for research course Ph.D. fees charges approximate INR 6,770 per annum
- The Master degree programme offered by KSLU is LLM in 5 major streams namely International Law, International Business, Transactions & Trade Law, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law & Intellectual Property Rights for the duration of two years with the total intake of 20 seats. In additional it also offers Ph.D. course in law stream for three years of duration
- KSLU admissions will be granted based on the merit and as per the norms of university. application forms are made available in both online and offline mode. KLSU application fee charges INR 1000 for general category and INR 500 for reserved category.
KSLU Scholarships are facilitated for the deserving students as per the norms of state government. It offers two types of scholarship namely Wrangler Dr.D.C.Pavate Diamond Jubilee Celebration Scholarships and Prof V R Bhat Endowment Scholarship.
- The students are provided training and more information regarding the changes that occur in legal education.
- They are provided with internship opportunities under lawyers with good stipend every month.
- The students are placed under judges from different levels of courts with good salary package.
- The college has good infrastructure and is well maintained since it is a government college.
- The classrooms are big and planned in such a manner it has good lighting facility till the evening in order to save wastage of electricity.
- Ground is available for games cricket, throw ball, volleyball, basketball, football etc. within the campus.
Canteen is available for both hostel and day scholar students with varieties which is hygienic and low pricing.