Karnataka State Law University (KLSU) is one of India's largest federal universities, founded in 2009 and situated in Hubli, Karnataka. The university recognized by BCI (Bar Council of India), UGC, and accredited by NAAC ‘A’ Grade. The university campus area is spread over 55 acres of land, and more than 92 law institutes are affiliated with KSLU State University. The university's main objective is to provide quality legal education for the aspirants and develop them as professionally competent & socially relevant graduates to apprehend the traditional primordial goal of economic & political justice.
- KLSU offers bachelor’s degree LLB for three years with an intake capacity of 60 seats, and it provides integrated law courses BALLB, BBA LLB, B. Com LLB, and BALLB with a total intake of 60 students for each program.
- The fees structure at Karnataka State Law University for LLB costs around INR 10,400 per annum for BALLB costs around INR 10,400, and for the LLM Course, it costs approximately INR 11,850 per annum. For a research course, Ph.D. fees charge approximately INR 6,770 per annum.
- The Master's degree program offered by KSLU is LLM in 5 major streams, namely International Law, International Business, Transactions & Trade Law, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law & Intellectual Property Rights, for the duration of two years with a total intake of 20 seats. Besides, it also offers a Ph.D. course in law stream for three years.
- KSLU admissions will be granted based on merit and the university's norms. Application forms are made available in both online and offline mode. KLSU application fee charges INR 1000 for the general category and INR 500 for the reserved category.
KSLU Scholarships are facilitated for deserving students as per the state government's norms. It offers two types of scholarships: Wrangler Dr.D.C.Pavate Diamond Jubilee Celebration Scholarships and Prof V R Bhat Endowment Scholarship.
- The students are provided training and more information regarding the changes in legal education.
- They are provided with internship opportunities under lawyers with a reasonable stipend every month.
- The students are placed under judges from different courts with good salary packages.
- The college has good infrastructure and is well maintained since it is a government college.
- The classrooms are big and planned in such a manner that it has good lighting facility till the evening to save wastage of electricity.
- The ground is available for games cricket, throw the ball, volleyball, basketball, football, etc., within the campus.
Canteen is available for both hostel and day scholar students with hygienic and low pricing varieties.