Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is the recognized management entrance exam that acts as a gateway for admission to MBA/PGDM courses. The candidates who are willing to pursue their master’s degree and want to make their career in the Management field can appear for Management Aptitude Test.
MAT February session has been scheduled and conducted by the All India Management Association (AIMA). More than 600 B-Schools across India will consider MAT examination scores. The candidates interested in appearing for MAT Feb Exam can go through this article, which helps the candidate complete MAT information.
Name of the Entrance Examination: Management Aptitude Test (MAT).
Exam Type: National level entrance test
Category of the Exam: Post Graduation Exam
Conducted: In February
Mode: Paper Based Test, Computer Based Test
MAT February Important Dates
- The Application form will be released in December.
- The application form's final submission will be in January.
- Availability of Admit Card will be in January.
- Examination (Paper Based Test, Computer Based Test) will be held in February.
- MAT Result Declaration will be made on the 4th week of February.
Eligibility Criteria for MAT February
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree from a Recognized University or Institute.
- Final year graduation students can also apply for MAT Exam. They have to follow some norms because they have to submit the necessary documents to complete graduation within the prescribed time.
- There is no prescribed age limit and number of attempts for appearing for the MAT exam.
Application form for MAT February
- For MAT Feb registration, the application forms will be available online and offline.
- The Application fee costs Rs 1400 for all the category candidates.
- The application fee can be paid online (debit/credit or net banking) and offline mode (demand draft).
- In the Offline filling process, the candidate has to fill the Mat application form, and the same has to be submitted at the AIMA centers along with the application fee.
MAT Admit Card
- The issue of hall Tickets for MAT Feb will be separated for the offline and online test mode.
- Availability of the Admit Card will be in January.
- Hall Ticket has to be carried to the examination hall as it is an important document.
- In the exam hall, the candidates who fail to produce the Admit Card to the invigilator will not write the MAT exam.
- The candidate details, exam timings and details, and the test venue will be provided in the MAT Admit card.
MAT Exam Pattern for February
Exam Date: February
Mode: Paper Based Test, Computer Based Test
No. of Questions: MAT Question paper consists of 200 questions (Total: 150 minutes).
- There are 5 sections, and each section will carry 40 marks.
- Each question carries 1 mark.
- Negative Marking, for every wrong answer ¼ marks, will be deducted.
- MAT Exam question paper consists of 5 sections, namely Language Comprehension, Data Analysis and Sufficiency, Mathematical Skills, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, Indian and Global Environment.
The Previous Record of MAT cutoff is given below:
|College Name||MAT Cutoff|
|TA Pai Management Institute, Manipal||700|
|Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship, Bangalore||700|
|National Institute of Technology, Warangal||600|
|Institute of Finance and International Management, Bangalore||600|
|Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad||650|
|Balaji Institute of Modern Management, Pune||600|
|PSG Institute of Management, Coimbatore||600|
|Amity Business School, Noida||500|
|Alliance School of Business, Bangalore||500|
- These are the top 10 B-School and their cut-offs.
- The ranges of cutoffs will be from 250 to 700, varying from B-School to B-School.
MAT February Result
- MAT Feb Exam Result will be declared one month after the Examination, i.e., on the 4th week of February.
- The Mat Exam Result will be declared online on the official website of AIMA.
- The candidates can check their results by entering their respective roll number, application form number, and selecting the test month.
- The MAT exam score is valid for 1 year from the MAT result declaration date for admission to MBA/PGDM programs.
- Most of the reputed institutions in India accept the MAT scores.
MAT Admission Process
- The candidates are shortlisted based on the Entrance Test. The qualified candidates have to appear for the further round of selection.
- Every MAT participating institutions has its own selection process.
- The admission procedure consists of Group Discussion, Personal Interview, and or Written Ability Test (WAT) rounds.
- Final admission selection will be based on performance in the selection rounds.