Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is the recognized management entrance exam which acts as a gateway for admission to MBA/PGDM courses. The candidates who are willing to pursue their master’s degree and who want to make their career in Management field, they can appear for Management Aptitude Test.
MAT 2019 February session is been scheduled and conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA). MAT examination scores will be considered by more than 600 B-Schools across India. The candidates who are interested in appearing for MAT 2019 Feb Exam can go through this Article which helps the candidate to get the complete information of MAT.
Name of the Entrance Examination: Management Aptitude Test (MAT).
Exam Type: National level entrance test
Category of the Exam: Post Graduation Exam
Conducted: In the month of February
Mode: Paper Based Test, Computer Based Test
MAT February 2019 Important Dates
- The Application form will be released in the month of December 2018.
- Final submission of Application form will be in the month of January 2019.
- Availability of Admit Card will be in the month of January 2019.
- Examination (Paper Based Test, Computer Based Test) will be held in the month of February 2019.
- MAT Result Declaration will be done on 4th week of February 2019.
Eligibility Criteria for MAT February 2019
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree from a Recognized University or Institute.
- Final year graduation students can also apply for MAT Exam. They have to follow some norms is that they have to submit the necessary documents as a proof of completion of graduation within the prescribed time.
- There is no prescribed age limit and number of attempts for appearing for MAT exam.
Application form for MAT February 2019
- For MAT Feb 2018 registration, the application forms will be available in both online and offline modes.
- The Application fee costs Rs 1400 for all the category candidates.
- The application fee can be paid via both online (debit/credit or net banking) and offline mode (demand draft).
- In Offline filling process, the candidate has to fill the Mat application form and the same has to be submitted at the AIMA centers along with the application fee.
MAT Admit Card 2019
- Issue of hall Tickets for MAT Feb 2018 will be separately for the offline and Online mode of test.
- Availability of the Admit Card will be in the month of January.
- Hall Ticket has to be carried to the examination hall as it is an important document.
- In the exam hall, the candidates who fail to produce the Admit card to the invigilator will not be allowed to write the MAT exam.
- The candidate details, exam timings and details, venue of the test conducted will be provided in the MAT Admit card.
MAT Exam Pattern for February 2019
Exam Date: February 2019
Mode: Paper Based Test, Computer Based Test
No. of Questions: MAT Question paper consists of 200 questions (Total: 150 minutes).
- There are 5 sections and each section will carry 40 marks.
- Each question carries 1 mark.
- Negative Marking, for every wrong answer ¼ marks will be deducted.
- MAT Exam question paper consists of 5 sections namely Language Comprehension, Data Analysis and Sufficiency, Mathematical Skills, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, Indian and Global Environment.
The Previous Record of MAT cutoff is given below:
|College Name||MAT Cutoff|
|TA Pai Management Institute, Manipal||700|
|Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship, Bangalore||700|
|National Institute of Technology, Warangal||600|
|Institute of Finance and International Management, Bangalore||600|
|Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad||650|
|Balaji Institute of Modern Management, Pune||600|
|PSG Institute of Management, Coimbatore||600|
|Amity Business School, Noida||500|
|Alliance School of Business, Bangalore||500|
- These are the top 10 B-School and their cut-offs.
- The ranges of cutoffs will be from 250 to 700 varying from B-School to B-School.
MAT February 2019 Result
- MAT Feb 2019 Exam Result will be declared one month after the Examination i.e on 4th week of February.
- The Mat Exam Result will be declared through online on the official website of AIMA.
- The candidates can check their result by entering their respective roll number, application form number and by selecting month of test.
- MAT Exam score is valid for 1 year from the date of MAT result declaration for admission to MBA/PGDM programs.
- Most of the reputed institutions in India accept the MAT scores.
MAT 2019 Admission Process
- The candidates are shortlisted on the basis of the Entrance test. The qualified candidates have to appear for the further round of selection.
- Each and every MAT participating institutions has its own selection process.
- Admission procedure consists of Group Discussion, Personal Interview and or Written Ability Test (WAT) rounds.
- Final admission selection will be on the basis of performance in the selection rounds.