Overview SDM Law College
Sri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Law College, Mangalore popularly known as SDM Law College is one of the prestigious law institute which was established in the year 1974 under the sponsorship of Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwra Educational Society and it is situated in Mangalore, Karnataka State. The College is affiliated to Karnataka State Law University, recognized under Bar Council of India and it is accredited by NAAC ‘B’ Grade with 2.9 CGPA. In the year 2019, it has been ranked among 30th law institute which is declared by India Today. The main vision of the institute is to empower the students by imparting holistic knowledge in law stream and mould the students to become as competitive legal profession.
- SDM Law College offers bachelor’s degree LLB for the duration of three years with the annual intake of 60 seats, it offers integrated program BBA+LLB with the annual intake of 60 students and also offers BA+LLB with the annual intake of 120 seats. SDM offers master’s degree in LLM in Corporate and commercial Law stream with the intake of 15 seats annually.
- SDM Law College fees structure for LLB costs approximate INR 29,000 Per annum, fees for BBA-LLB expenses up to INR 43,000 Per annum and for BA-LLB costs up to INR 29,000 Per annum and for the LLM costs approximate INR 96,000 Per annum
- Admission at SDM Law college for LLB, BA-LLB and BBA LLB will be granted based on the academic merit marks in last qualified examination. Admission for LLM at SDM will be granted based on the admission test score which will be organized by Karnataka State Law University.
- SDM Law College facilitates scholarship facility for the meritorious students and provides financial assistance for the economically backward categories and also through approval of Karnataka State government certain scholarships are offered for the backward categories such as SC/ST.
SDM Law College offers best academic facilities like SDM Library which contains more than 28,000 collection of books which includes text books, reference books, law journals and even digital resources like E-Journals, Legal Data bases are available. It also has well-equipped computer lab with adequate PCs along with the Internet facility
The college was started in the year 1974 with the aim of providing quality legal education to the students. The college provides legal education to all the sectors of the society that is to the people of all caste, creed, language etc.
The College is affiliated to Mysore University and was under the leadership of Prof. N J Kadamba.
The college provided 3 year LL.B and it is the first institution which provided 5 Year LL.B.
The syllabus was designed by expert lawyers who have much experience in the field of legal education.
Sri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Law College Placement-
- The college made internship compulsory within the 5 year program in order to help the students improve their leadership and problem solving skills.
- Moot court was available in the college where the students could practice law and improve their knowledge in the field of legal education.
- The students were placed under lawyers in trail courts with good stipend every month and can practice separately after a certain period of time.
Sri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Law College Infrastructure-
- The college has good infrastructure with ambient atmosphere which helps the students study well.
- Classrooms are designed in such a way that it has good lighting facility with sufficient air moment and good accommodation for the students.
- Grounds are available for games like basketball, throw ball, football, cricket etc. and library has huge number of books.
Cafeteria is available separately for faculties and students and even parking facility is available for both.