Lucknow University Computer Science MCA Application Test [LUCSAT]
Lucknow University Computer Science MCA Application Test is post graduate entrance exam conducted by Lucknow University to offer admission in MCA course which is known as LUCSAT. The university came into existence in the year 1920, to cater to the educational needs .It has a Excellence in Management education and research studies for the basis of High Quality Managements for the Corporate Sector, as per the Man-Power needs of Industry.
The mission of the University is, to be a University driven by values enriched with diverse cultures, to promote economic, social and spiritual advancement for an egalitarian society.
LUCSAT Exam Date
The important dates for the LUCSAT 2018 are given below:-
Availability of online application starts
Last date to fill the application form
Upload of admit card
Starts a week prior to exam
LUCSAT MCA 2018 Exam will held on
Results declare on
LUCSAT Eligibility criteria
Lucknow University has certain eligibility criteria for the candidates to appear in the examination and the same following are given below:-
- Candidates need to complete their B.Sc. (Computer Science/Computer Application/Information Technology) or B.C.A. with 50% marks (5% marks relaxation for SC/ST) aggregate from recognized university
- Candidate must have studied mathematics subjects in 10+2 level.
- Candidate’s age should be more than 20 years can apply for the entrance examination.
- Candidates who are now in the final year of BCA or B.Sc. (Computer Science / Computer Application / Information Technology) final semester of Lucknow University or affiliated college of Lucknow University can apply if candidate passed (without any back paper) in all semester and having 50% marks (aggregate) up-to 5th semester for GEN/OBC and 45% marks SC/ST respectively.
LUCSAT Application Form & fees
The Application form of M.C.A admission is available on the official website www.lkouniv.ac.in from June 2018 .
Application fees for MCA :
- Gen/OBC Candidates Rs. 800/-
- SC/ST Candidates Rs. 400/-
Application fees must be submitted through demand draft in favor of “Finance Officer, University of Lucknow”, Lucknow.
- The application form of LUCSAT 2018 must be sent through Speed Post only along-with demand draft, Self Attested Xerox copies of certificates/Mark Sheets and Two Self addressed Envelops size (27x12cm) duly stamped with Rs.39/-. No application form shall be accepted by hand.
- Candidates need to provide all their details like personal, academic and communication and most importantly the email ID and the contact details must be given correctly for any further assistance and clarifications if needed by the university.
- The candidates must send the filled application forms by the given late date, in case if it’s been delayed the university will not accept the application form. The correction in the application forms will not be allowed.
LUCSAT Syllabus & Exam Pattern
The LUCSAT MCA exam pattern and syllabus are mentioned below:
The candidates will have 100 multiple choice questions and the entire exam is divided mainly in to two main sections. The first part will include around 40 Questions. This will mainly involve questions from the following subject areas -
- Logical reasoning
- Numerical Aptitude
- The second part will mainly include 60 questions which will mainly cover the B.Sc (Computer Science) or BCA subject area.
- There will not be any negative marking involved in this exam.
- The total duration of the exam will be for about one and a half hours.
- There will not be any mark deduction for the questions which are left unanswered.
The syllabus for LUCSAT MCA 2018 exam is given below:-
- English Comprehension
- Cloze Test
- Idioms and Phrases
- Objective Comprehension
- One World Substitution
- Rules of Conjunctions
- Rules of Correct Usage
- Sentence Completion
- Sentence Improvement
- Sequence of words
- Spelling Rules
- Spotting Errors
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Data Interpretation
- HCF and LCM
- Mixture of Allegations
- Number System
- Plane Geometry
- Profit and Loss
- Ratio and Proportion
- Simple Interest and Compound Interest
- Speed and Distance
- Time and Work
- Alphabets Test
- Analogy Test
- Blood Relation Test
- Classification Test
- Coding-Decoding Test
- Completion of Figures test
- Counting of Figures test
- Cube and Dice test
- Data Sufficiency test
- Decision Making test
- Direction Test
- Embedded Figures test
- Formation of Figures test
- Image test
- Input and Output test
- Mathematical Operations and Reasoning
- Miscellaneous test
- Paper Cutting and Folding test
- Passage and Conclusion test
- Series Test
- Sitting Arrangement Test
- Statement and his Product test
- Syllogism Test
- Venn Diagram Test
Apart from the above mentioned syllabus, this test will also cover the B.Sc (Computer Science) or BCA subject area such as -
- Digital Fundamentals and Architecture
- Data Structures and C Programming
- Mathematical Foundation For Computer
- C++ Programming
- System Software and Operating System
- Software Engineering
- Java Programming
- Programming Lab
- C++ and Java
- Computer Networks
- RDBMS and Oracle
- Visual Programming -Visual Basic
- Software Testing
LUCSAT Admit Card
The LUCSAT MCA Admit Card will be available one week prior to the exam in the official website of Lucknow university. Candidates can download their admit card by entering the application number. The admit cards will be only available online, the card will not be sent through post or mail. In case if the candidates does not receives the admit card by the given date then, they are supposed to inform the exam controller office for re-issue of the duplicate card and the candidates have to get any one of the ID proof along with the admit card for verification.
LUCSAT Results & Score Card
The results will be declared online in the month of September 2018, the candidates can download the results by entering their application number. The admission will be based on the candidates’ performance in the entrance exam and their academic records.
LUCSAT Counselling & Admission
The counseling dates will be published online, the candidates have to log in to the portal and check the dates which will be allotted to them on the basis of the scores obtained in the entrance exam.
Candidates are required to carry only their originals in the time of counseling, downloaded copies will not be allowed under any circumstances
Lucknow University Counseling Documents required 2018 :
- Original and Photo copy of their counseling letter & admit card when.
- 12th and 10th class certificates photo copies.
- Caste certificate for SC, ST and OBC which is attested or signed by the government gazette officer.
- Candidates must get 10 Passport size colored snaps
Admission Chairman, LUCSAT
Department of Computer Science,
University of Lucknow,Lucknow – 226007
Land-line Phone no . 0522-2742827
Coordinator mobile no : 9919766604