Indian Institute of Technology Joint Admission Test [IIT JAM]
IIT JAM 2022 is popularly known as Indian Institute of Technology Joint Admission Test. This entrance test provides admission to the eligible candidates seeking admission for Ph.d degree courses at IISc Bangalore and M.Sc (2 years), Joint M.Sc-Ph.d, M.Sc- Ph.d Dual degree.
The main objective of the exam is to offer admission to the students in M.Sc in various IITs and IISc Bangalore. The candidates appear for this entrance exam to get admission in a renowned college for studying the PG programme M.Sc. This is considered to be a National level entrance Test. By the JAM 2022 Score, the candidates can apply for other well-known reputed institute also for the admission.
IIT JAM 2023 Exam Date
IIT JAM 2022 exam dates have been announced by the exam authority. Below mentioned are the important dates of the entrance exam.
Commencement of ONLINE Registration and Application on JAM 2022 Website
25th August 2021
Last Date (Extended) for Online Application Submission and Uploading of Documents on the Website
14th October 2021
Last Date (Extended) for Payment of Application Fee through Online process
17th October 2021
|IIT JAM application form 2022 correction facility
||20th to 25th October 2021
|IIT JAM 2022 Admit Card
||4th January 2022
|IIT JAM 2022 Exam Date
||13th February 2022
|IIT JAM 2022 Result Declration
||22nd March 2022
|IIT JAM 2022 Score Card availability
||1st April to 31st July 2022
|Submission of application form for admission
||11th to 25th April 2022
|Declaration of admission list
||From 1st June 2022 Onwards
IIT JAM 2023 Eligibility criteria
There are some set eligibility criteria to appear for IIT JAM 2022. The candidates need to satisfy the eligibility criteria before proceeding for the registration and the admissions in IISc and IITs. The following are the few criteria’s mentioned to appear for the entrance test which the candidates need to satisfy.
- The candidates should have a bachelor’s degree from any recognized university.
- The minimum marks should be 55% in aggregate for the General/OBC Category and for the reserved category SC/ST Candidate the marks should be at least 50% in aggregate.
- The applicants who have letter grades/CGPA instead of percentile, the ratio of their percentage marks will be calculated by the admitting college.
IIT JAM 2023 Application Form
IIT JAM 2022 application form is available from the month of August 2021. The application form will be available online on the official website of JAM 2022. The payment of the application fee can be done via online or by e challan. The candidates can do the corrections in the application form of JAM 2022 after the payment of the form fee. But the corrections can be done only for gender or category but not in the test paper or test city.
Application form fee details:
The application fees for 1 test paper are:
- Female candidates (all categories): Rs.750/-
- Male candidates (General/OBC):Rs.1500/-
- Male candidates (SC/ST)- Rs.750/-
IIT JAM 2023 Syllabus & Exam Pattern
- IIT JAM 2022 question paper will consist of all objective MCA pattern questions.
- The multiple choice question will have four options out of which one is the correct answer.
- The question paper will have one more type of question pattern i.e, MSQ (Multiple Select Questions). MSQ is similar to the MCQ pattern only difference is there will be one or more than one choice of the correct option among the four options.
- The third type of question pattern is Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions here there will be a real sign number that needs to be entered by using the virtual keypad on the monitor.
- No choices will be provided and a virtual calculator will also be given for the calculation. The total duration will be of 3 hours. There will be total 60 questions, carrying 100 marks.
IIT JAM 2023 Admit Card
IIT JAM 2022 admit card will be available online on the official website from the month of January after the closure of the registration of the application form. The candidates need to download the admit card from the official link. The candidates must carry the admit card to the examination center along with a valid id proof. The applicants need to login to the JAM official portal with their login ID.
The admit card will have some important information of the applicant such as: Candidate Name, Registration number, photograph, signature, code and name of the test paper, Details of the examination center.
The below mentioned are steps to download the admit card:
- Login to the JAM official portal
- Account login with the username and password
- The arithmetic password expression given need to enter.
- Followed by the download of the admit card of JAM 2018.
IIT JAM 2023 Results & Score Card
After the successful completion of the entrance exam, the result of IIT JMAM 2022 will be declared online on the official website. The result will be announced in the month of March 2022. After the declaration of the result, the counselling procedure will start.
IIT JAM 2023 Counselling & Admission
IIT JAM 2022 admission will be done on the merit basis of all India ranking in the IISc Bangalore campus and IITs. After the declaration of the result the shortlisted candidates shall apply to the organizing institute (IIT Delhi) and specify their preferred programmes in which they are interested to take admission.
The candidates will be selected on the basis of their educational qualifications, their entrance test performances and the required eligibility of the admitting institute.
After the declaration of the result the applicants need to apply online using the admission form available at JAM 2022 official website.
List of IIT JAM 2023 examination centres
The exam center of JAM 2022 will be located to the eight zones. In these eight zones, the locations of the examination centers are listed. The applicant’s first need to choose three city options accordingly the zone will be chosen. With first choice of the city, the zone will get fixed and the second city option can be within that zone and for the third city option, the candidate anywhere in India among from the same zone option itself.
IIT JAM Contact Information
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone / Fax : (080) 22932392 / 23601227
Website : http://gate.iisc.ernet.in