Overview Tripura University-Directorate of Distance Education
Tripura University established a Directorate of Distance Education in the academic year 1996 to impart higher studies and education for students through distance learning using the latest multi-media approach. The distance learning mode is very different from the conventional formal education method to reach the unreachable and those who do not have access to the traditional learning process.
- Tripura University has continuously fostered distance learning to get the University grant commission (UGC) and Distance Education Council, New Delhi. This distance learning institute aims to reach students who have discontinued studies from regular education with financial or other personal circumstances.
- Secondly, the institute aims to reach students who stay in remote areas geographically and, lastly, students who have stopped education due to lack of ability and were motivated later in their lives. This distance learning mode also helps homemakers or in-Service people.
- Tripura University-Directorate of Distance Education, currently has 3690 students pursuing education in the Directorate of Distance Education and DDE. Tripura University is quite famous among the states.
- There are departments under this DDE-Tripura University such as Arts, Education, Political Science, Bengali, and Computer Applications.
- All candidates seeking for DDE-Tripura University admission into the distance learning course must write the DUEAT entrance exam to be eligible.
- The distance learning courses offered in Tripura University-Directorate of Distance Education are B.A, B.Ed, M.A in Education, Political Science and Bengali, and Diploma in Computer Application (DCA).
- The Syllabus for each subject is given for download on the official website and can be downloaded by the candidates taking admission to this distance learning university.
- They also provide study materials and online materials. The distance education department conducts regular national seminars, lectures, and other university conferences.
- They also strive to promote excellence and quality in teaching, research, and learning in the students' minds.
- The college's central vision is to be the national center's role model in advanced studies and always cultivate the excellent quality of human resources.
- The college encourages the student to be a good and responsible human being of the nation's future citizen.
The university is having an excellent approach to giving education via distance mode, and the university has been established on the birthday of Mahatma Gandhi. The UGC has approved the university, and the college is having under graduation, post-graduation, and Ph.D. programs.
Tripura University established a Directorate of Distance Education Placements.
- The students can be placed in good companies like MNCs, and the students get a call letter from the companies.
- The college placements are good, and they are improving year by year. The students are getting placed in the right companies, and they are very much satisfied with the jobs they are receiving.
Tripura University established a Directorate of Distance Education Scholarships.
The college provides the scholarship, and it is in the means of the loan facilities, and the students are getting a scholarship in the form of the fee concession.
Tripura University established a Directorate of Distance Education Infrastructure.
- The college infrastructure is good, and they are very peaceful. The students who cannot attend the regular classes will follow the university's weekend classes.
- The classrooms are good, have adequate ventilation, and have many facilities like computer labs with the latest software and well-structured laboratories.
- The university provides all the necessary facilities for the students and the books in the library are very useful to the students for reference.