Overview Global Institute of Hotel Management Chennai
Global Institute of Hotel Management is situated in Chennai and was brought to existence in the academic year 2000. GIHM, Chennai has been extensively imparting education in the Hotel and Tourism disciplines and is serving to contribute the developing employment sectors. GIHM is recognized by the UGC and All India Council of India (AICTE). This institute offers bachelor of degree programs in Hotel Management field.
- GlHM, Chennai offers Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology (BHM & CT) which is a 3 years degree program consisting of 6 semester completely. This course is under the affiliation of Osmania University so the curriculum and syllabus will be decided by the affiliating university.
- Apart from this, GIHM, Chennai offers Craft Course in Food Production which is a 1 year 6 months course offered in Food Production which is recognized by S.B.T.E.T. This certification course fulfills the growing demand of the trained and well qualified chefs and personnel.
- This course combines the practical and theoretical as well as necessary industrial exposure for students which make way for entry level jobs in food services industry.
- This college also offers Advanced Certificate course in Food Production which is a 1 and Half year course. This course is also recognized by the State Board of Technical Education.
- Global Institute of Hotel Management admission for BHM & CT will be given to students with minimum of 17 years of age and with eligibility having passed 10+2 or any equivalent examination with minimum of 50% marks.
- Applicants are advised to fill the GIHM application form and register themselves for the course at the college administration office. The other option to fill application form will be to download the form from the website and send the duly filled form to the college along with the demand draft of Rs. 1500 in favour of college.
- For the BHMCT Global Institute of Management fee structure will be INR 1 Lac in 1st year, INR 1.1 Lac and INR 1.15 Lac in the last year so total fee would be Rs. 3.25 Lac.
- The main aim of GIHM is to provide quality education to the students and transform them into productive human resource with better leadership skills.
- They provide best education which is feasible to the students and a comfortable environment for learning new things.
- GIHM provides best quality improvement of the students and much industrial exposure to make them know the problems occurring in the present world.
GIHM was started with the aim of providing quality education to the students and make them achieve their goals since 2000. The Institute trains the students in such a way it makes them develop all the skills in order to make them employable in any kind of work environment.
Global Institute of Hotel Management Placement-
- The students are provided practical training in various streams like hospitality, hotel management, catering etc. from first year itself.
- The students then choose their field of interest which they want to pursue their career.
- Recruiters like Marriott, Hyatt, ITC, Novotel hotels, The Oberoi Grand, The Leela Palace and many others visit the college every year for hiring the students who are good in academics with good salary package.
Global Institute of Hotel Management Infrastructure-
- GIHM has restaurant to provide training to the students along with a stipend every month.
- For housekeeping students a guest model room is present in which they are provided training for maintaining their quality standards.
- Basic Training and Quantity Training Kitchen and a bakery are present to teach the students on how to prepare dishes within the limited quantity.
- The classrooms are equipped with projectors in order to provide audio and visual representation of the concepts.
- Computer labs are updated regularly and a huge library is available with reference books, journals and E-Library facility is available which helps the students’ access to various portals