Overview Government Law College
Government Law College is located in Tirunelveli which was started with a vision to meet the educational needs of the Southern part of the Tamil Nadu. This institute was incepted in the year 1996 and has been affiliated to the Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University. This college started operating from the year 2000 and is built in the area across of 15 acres. This institute is recognized and approved by Bar Council of India.
- The courses offered by Government Law College Tirunelveli are 5 years integrate course BA-LLB with Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Law. There is LLB- Bachelor of Law which is three years fulltime program are the two courses offered under bachelor degree level.
- This Law College also offers post graduation course namely Master of Law (LLM) in Constitutional Law and Human Rights which is a two years fulltime program.
- The eligibility criteria needed for BA-LLB course is passed in 10+2 with at least 45% marks in aggregate from a recognized board of Higher and Senior Secondary Examination of the Tamil Nadu Government.
- Similarly, for taking Government Law College Tirunelveli admission in to LLB course basic eligibility will be to have passed in graduation degree examination from the Tamil Nadu University or any University of Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi.
- Admission in this college for the Law courses will be merit based and college will conduct counseling for allotment of seat as per the norms of the affiliating university.
- The BA-LLB will have Government Law College Tirunelveli fee of Rs. 1,459 per annum. The LLB course fee will also be around Rs. 1,409 annually and the LLM course will be close to Rs. 2000 per annum. There are also scholarships offered by the Tamil Nadu Government for deserving and backward class students.
- The college law degree offers the impractical way to a realistic way to make the difference in the world. They will make you build a strong base for a legal career, also will be able to pursue the areas of the law that you choose or interest you.
- Provide opportunities for hands-on practical and supportive that for lifelong students will have ideal foundation. From their experience they evolved that different students need different things from university, accordingly they provide you deeper knowledge in the chosen field.
The college works to deliver real-world change in Tamil Nadu and overseas. The program fulfils your wish becoming a lawyer making you professional or legal expertise. They play a vital role by teaching in the research and specialised areas of law. Their staffs are commended legal educators, eminent lecturers and adulate practitioners.
College students experience modern infrastructure and good amenities that make their life cheerful in college hours, some of the facilities like:
- Sports- Indoor and outdoor games such as throw ball, volleyball, basketball, badminton, chess and carom.
- Classrooms- Well ventilated classrooms which is very spacious, whole campus has 24/7 internet activities, auditorium where any events, programs or seminars takes place.
- Library- A stocked library includes databases, CD, prints, e-books, journals and so on.
- Medical facilities- Any emergency there is medical facilities at any time.
- Cafeteria - Very spacious cafeteria which provides variety and hygienic food.
The rooms are so stylish and functional which makes you feel home. There are separate hostels for boys and girls provided a desk, chair, bed and a wardrobe for each individual. The mess maintains hygienic and a variety of food. The whole campus is fully secured and had deadlines for girl’s security and safety. The rooms are shared based on their bias either 2 or 3 seater, washing place, drinking water purifier and rooms with attached and non-attached bathrooms.
Scholarships are eligible for the students who are from economically weak background, students who has secured more than 80% and 90% marks depending on the course. Topper or rank holders are eligible. Students whose parents have very less income are eligible also students from SC/ST and from minority are eligible for the scholarships.