Overview St. Xaviers College Kolkata
St. Xaviers College Kolkata is one of the Christian minority educational institutes founded in the year 1860 by a Catholic Minority Religious body. It is situated in Kolkata, West Bengal State. SXC is affiliated with the University of Calcutta, recognized under UGC as a college with potential for excellence in 2006, accredited by NAAC Grade “A++.” Also, it is an ISO certified institute. It offers UG, PG, and Diploma courses in Arts, Science, Commerce, Education, Management, Mass Communications. It also offers vocational courses under the career-oriented program and even doctoral degree Ph.D. in 4 streams. Totally 9000 students have been enrolling at this institute. As per the NIRF 2020 Rankings, Xavier College has been ranked 7th among the top 10 institutes in the college category.
- St. Xaviers College offers bachelor’s degree courses in BBA, B. Com, B.Sc., BMS, BA (Hons), B.Ed. Along with integrated program B.Sc.+M.Sc. in Multi-Media for the duration of 5 years. It offers a Master’s Degree in M.Sc., MA, M. Com in two streams Accounting & Finance and Marketing, for the duration of two years. It also offers PGDM Program in three streams for two years and a Posts Graduate Diploma in two streams for a 1-year duration.
- St. Xaviers College admissions for the UG courses will be purely based on the qualifying examination's academic performance. The selection will be made through an interview round conducted by the institute. Admission to PG and Ph.D. courses will be made through an entrance test followed by an interview, which Xavier’s institute will conduct.
- The application process of Xavier’s college will be conducted via online mode. Xavier’s College Application fees for UG and PG courses cost approximately INR 500, and for the Ph.D., it costs around INR 1000.
- Placement at Xavier’s College Kolkata is exceptional, and it ensures 100% placement assistance for its students. It has a dedicated placement-training cell that organizes campus interviews and invites reputed companies for the recruitment drive. ‘
- Some renowned companies like TCS, JP Morgan, Google, Zomato, Axis Bank, ICICI Bank, HSBC, MU Sigma, Cognizant, Infosys, and many more visited the campus to provide ample job opportunities.
St. Xaviers College Kolkata has a state-of-art infrastructure with modern amenities. There is a Central Library with a spacious reading room, book bank facility available, and career guidance books. It has modern computer labs with adequate systems, science laboratories with the appropriate equipment, Smart classrooms for the practical learning experience, Counselling cell, Canteen, Sports Complex, and Hostel accommodation within the campus.
The college provides quality education to the students for 150 years. The college provides international class education for the students. The college's main aim is to bridge the gap between rural-urban areas and provide education equally to all social sectors.
- The faculties help the students improve their innovative thinking and problem-solving skills to reach their career goals.
- The expert professionals design the course curriculum based on their respective fields' present situation.
- They transform the students into responsible citizens with commitment, compassion, conscience, and competence.
St. Xaviers College Kolkata Placement-
- The Placement Cell of the college provides opportunities to the students which can be used by companies searching for suitable candidates.
- Dr. Dominic Savio and Dr. M. Hanifis are the college coordinators in the college who strive hard to bring many companies every year to the college.
- ITC, KPMG, JP Morgan, Infosys, Google, Zomato, Axis Bank, Cognizant, TCS are some of the recruiters who visit the college every year to hire meritorious students with good salary package.
St. Xaviers College Kolkata Infrastructure-
- The library is present within the campus, where the students can borrow the books under the department's senior professor's preference.
- Classrooms are spacious with a good seating arrangement and have many verandahs for sufficient movement of air and light.
- Hostel rooms are clean with single and double seater arrangement, which is maintained well, and Cyber room is available within the campus, which is equipped with high-speed internet and can be accessed by Cyber Club members.
The auditorium is available with a good seating arrangement for all the students where activities like workshops, seminars, and fests are conducted.