Overview St. Xaviers College Kolkata
St. Xaviers College Kolkata is one of the Christian minority educational institute which was founded in the year 1860 by a Catholic Minority Religious body and is situated in Kolkata, West Bengal State. SXC is affiliated to University of Calcutta, recognized under UGC as college with potential for excellence in the year 2006, accredited by NAAC Grade “A++” and also it is an ISO certified institute. It offers UG, PG and Diploma courses in Arts, Science, Commerce, Education, Management, Mass communications and it also offers some of the vocational courses under career-oriented program and even doctoral degree Ph.D. in 4 streams. Totally 9000 students have been enrolling at this institute. As per the NIRF 2020 Rankings, Xavier College has been ranked in the position 7th among top 10 institutes in college category.
- St. Xaviers College offers bachelor’s degree courses in BBA, B. Com, B.Sc., BMS, BA (Hons), B.Ed. along with integrated program B.Sc.+M.Sc. in Multi Media for the duration of 5 years. It offers Master’s Degree in M.Sc., MA, M. Com in two streams Accounting & Finance and Marketing for the duration of two years. It also offers PGDM Program in three streams for two years and Post Graduate Diploma in two streams for 1-year duration.
- St. Xaviers College admissions for the UG courses will be purely based on the academic performance in qualified examination and selection will be done through interview round conducted by institute. Admission to PG and Ph.D. courses will be done through entrance test followed by interview which will be conducted by Xavier’s institute.
- Application process of Xavier’s college will be conducted via online mode. Xavier’s College Application fees for UG and PG courses costs approximate INR 500 and for the Ph.D. it costs around INR 1000.
- Placement at Xavier’s College Kolkata is exceptional and it ensures 100% placement assistance for its students. It has dedicated placement-training cell which organizes campus interviews and invites reputed companies for the recruitment drive. ‘
- Some of the renowned companies like TCS, JP Morgan, Google, Zomato, Axis Bank, ICICI Bank, HSBC, MU Sigma, Cognizant, Infosys and many more visited the campus to provide ample job opportunities.
St. Xaviers College Kolkata has state-of-art infrastructure with modern amenities. There is a Central library which as spacious reading room, book bank facility available, career guidance books. It has modern computer labs with adequate systems, science laboratories with appropriate equipment’s, Smart classrooms for practical learning experience, Counselling cell, Canteen, Sports Complex and Hostel accommodation with in the campus.
The college provides quality education to the students since 150 years. The college provides international class education for the students. The main aim of the college is to bridge the gap between rural urban areas and to provide education equally to all the sectors of the society.
- The faculties help the students improve their innovative thinking and problem solving skills in order to reach their career goals.
- The expert professionals design the course curriculum which is based on the present situation in their respective fields.
- They transform the students into responsible citizens with commitment, compassion, conscience and competence.
St. Xaviers College Kolkata Placement-
- The Placement cell of the college provides opportunities to the students which can be used by companies searching for suitable candidates.
- Dr. Dominic Savio and Dr. M. Hanifis are the coordinators of the placement cell in the college who strive hard to bring many companies every year to the college.
- ITC, KPMG, J P Morgan, Infosys, Google, Zomato, Axis Bank, Cognizant, TCS are some of the recruiters who visit the college every year for hiring meritorious students with good salary package.
St. Xaviers College Kolkata Infrastructure-
- Library is present within the campus where the books can be borrowed by the students under the reference of Senior Professor of the Department.
- Classrooms are spacious with a good seating arrangement and have many verandahs for sufficient movement of air and light.
- Hostel rooms are clean with single and double seater arrangement which is maintained well and Cyber room is available within the campus which is equipped with high speed internet and can be accessed by Cyber Club members.
Auditorium is available with good seating arrangement for all the students where activities like workshops, seminars and fests are conducted.