Overview Goenka College of Commerce & Business Administration
Goenka College of Commerce & Business Administration was founded in the academic year of 1905 and is located in Kolkata, West Bengal. The college was bought into existence in order to maintain the institution as growing centre of learning while aiming at consistently high, global academic standards. The institution aims to demonstrate excellence in the social pursuit of developing individuals as valued contributors to the society and to maintain the recognition as a pre-eminent institution for commerce education in India and to concentrate on providing quality and inclusive education with individual focus and global vision. Goenka College of Commerce & Business Administration was approved by AICTE/ NAAC and is affiliated with University Calcutta.
- Goenka College of Commerce & Business Administration offers UG and PG courses under the fields of Commerce under various specializations.
- Fee Structure of all the courses is quite feasible and can be paid in instalments per annum.
- Total Fee Structure of B. Com course is INR 3,610 and the M. Com course can be completed with the total expenditure of INR 2,825. The fee includes Tuition fee, Admission fee, examination fee etc.
- The basic eligibility for admission into UG courses is that, candidate must have pass 10+2 with 50% aggregate marks in respective discipline from a recognised board of education and must have completed graduation degree for admission into PG program.
- The total intake of candidates into B. Com course is 506 students and that into M. Com course is 65 students.
- Final selection for admission is made on the basis of merit in the respective entrance examination.
- The college conducts a strictly online application process for admission.
- The main aim was to transform the students into professionals in the fast growing industrial sectors.
- The main point about the college is that it only provides education on commerce subjects even before the University of Calcutta.
- The faculties put much effort in providing quality education to the students and convert them into professionals in the field of industries, business and management.
- Goenka College of Commerce & Business Administration on the basis of merit. Scholarship are also provided for the students who belongs to backward and economically weaker sections.
The Goenka College of Commerce and Business Administration started the 2 years course in the field of commerce since 1903 and then in 1905 it became a separate institute. The syllabus was reviewed and many subjects were designed as per the needs of the industry.
Goenka College of Commerce & Business Administration Placement-
- The Placement cell strives hard to provide good placement opportunities to the students in the field of commerce.
- They train the students and convert them into employable, responsible and hardworking human resource in order to develop the economy.
- Companies like Axis Bank, Federal Bank, Wipro, E&Y, and S&P Capital IQ etc. visit the campus every year in order to provide placement opportunity to the students in reputed companies with good salary package.
Goenka College of Commerce & Business Administration Infrastructure-
- Hostel facility is available for the students within the campus with 24/7 CCTV surveillance and security guard in order to ensure security to the students.
- Library has magazines, reference books, newspapers and journals which help the students to gain more knowledge about the concepts.
- Ground is available separately for indoor and outdoor games and sports activities are conducted every year in order to encourage the students in extra activities.
- Well-equipped gymnasium is available within the campus with a Physical Instructor in order to maintain fitness of the students.