Rajasthan Master of Computer Application (MCA) Admission Test [RMCAAT]
RMCAAT is been conducted by Rajasthan College of Engineering for Women which was established in the year 2002 and is promoted by Chandrawati Education Society with the aim to enable the girl empowerment through technical education which will help students to unchain barriers to reach greater heights.
RMCAAT Exam Date
The important details of the examination are given below:-
Online application form starts from : April 2018
Submission last date : April 2018
Admit Card upload starts : a week prior to the examination
RMCAAT MCA 2018 Exam Date : May 2018
Results commence on : May 2018
Counseling starts : June 2018
RMCAAT Eligibility criteria
Eligibility criteria for admission in first year of MCA:
- The Candidate having mathematics as one subject in class 12th/graduation with graduation degree (minimum 3 years duration) in any subject with At least 50 % marks in aggregate (45 % in case of SC/ST and Non creamy layer OBC/SBC of Rajasthan State) without any approximation in the undergraduate exam from recognized University.
- The candidate should be a citizen and a domicile of Rajasthan
Eligibility criteria for admission in second year of MCA through lateral entry:
The Candidate having mathematics as one subject in class 12th/graduation with BCA / B.Sc. (I.T.)/ B.Sc. (Computer Science) degree with At least 50 % marks in aggregate (45 % in case of SC/ST and Non creamy layer OBC/SBC of Rajasthan State) without any approximation in the undergraduate exam from recognized university.
Candidate appearing in the final year graduation examination and having valid NIMCET 2018 score will also be permitted to appear in the counseling but their admission will be provisional, subjected to furnishing the mark sheet/degree of qualifying examination with the prescribed eligibility by 31st, July 2018 or as decided by Coordinator RMCAAT-2018 on behalf of Govt. Of Rajasthan from time to time. They will be required to submit all the necessary documents at the allotted institute.
RMCAAT Application Form & fees
The candidate has to follow the given process for filling Online Application Form:-
- The RMCAAT-2018 Application Form is to be submitted online by following the instructions provided in this Information booklet and our web portal. The candidate must fill all details as required in the Online Application Form carefully.
- Candidate has to fill registration form on website www. rmcaatonline.com . After filling registration form a challan will be generated with a unique challan Number. Student Registration cum counseling fee must be deposited at e-Mitra Kiosk using this unique challan number.
- The Student Registration cum counseling fee deposited for RMCAAT-2018 is neither refundable nor transferable/adjustable for future RMCAAT or any other counseling.
A candidate will have to deposit a sum of Rs.2000/-. The description of this fee is as under:
- Rs.1000/- against application cum option form fees (Non Refundable).
- Rs.1000/- to be adjusted against admission fees.
- For fee deposition candidate has to submit his/her name, date of birth, Father’s name, and challan number at e-Mitra centre/kiosk.
- After depositing Student Registration cum counseling fee candidate will get a computer generated 16 digit token number as a receipt.
Candidates please have a look at the documents which are to be attached along with the RMCAAT 2018 application form.
- Attested copy of Certificate/ Mark Sheet of HSC bearing the Date of Birth
- Attested copy of Graduation (10+2+3) as a proof of having passed the qualifying examination.
- Final year students must submit the Certificate 6.
- Attested copy of the relevant domicile certificate.
- Reservation Certificate (in case candidate belongs to SC/ST category)
RMCAAT Syllabus & Exam Pattern
- The candidates will have 200 questions which shall be objective based multiple choice questions. (MCQ’s)
- The total duration to attempt the entrance exam shall be 2 hours (120 minutes)
- Each question shall carry 1 mark, which comes to a total of 200 marks.
- There shall be no negative marking; hence candidates can attempt as many questions.
The exam sections and the questions distribution are given below:-
- Mathematical Ability - 60 Questions
- Elementary Computer Knowledge - 60 Questions
- Reasoning & Aptitude - 80 Questions
The medium of the RMCAAT 2018 shall be in English only.
RMCAAT Admit Card
Admit cards will be available on the official site rmcaatonline.com, candidates can download the admit card by entering their application number and take the print out of their hall ticket a week prior to the examination. Candidates will not be entertained inside the examination hall without the admit card. Incase if the admit card is not been available to download then the candidates can contact the exam controller to issue the duplicate card.
RMCAAT Counselling & Admission
The candidates first have to log in to their portal and fill the online registration form for counseling, after filling the form the candidates have to upload their required documents in the portal.
Documents required for filling online registration form.
- Scanned image of candidate’s Photograph in JPG/GIF/BMP format (image size Maximum up to 100 KB)
- Scanned image of candidate’s Signature in JPG/GIF/BMP format (image size Maximum up to 50 KB)
- Copy of mark sheets of Xth, XII th and Graduation and NIMCET-2018 Score card (if applicable).
- Mobile number of the candidate or close relative.
- Fees receipt that was generated by e-Mitra having unique 16 digit token number.
After successful submission of Application form along with registration fee the candidate will be allowed to fill the online option form/choices of institutes through login as mentioned earlier on the website. The detailed instructions will be provided for the same on the website www.rmcaatonline.com/on-screen only. The candidates can modify/delete/add the choices any number of time within the specified duration of counseling schedule.
During the choice filling process, candidate has to save his/her choices at the end of each fill/modify session, through the "Save" option. The candidate can modify the saved choices any number of time during the scheduled choice filling period. Candidate should ensure saving his/her filled/modified choices before leaving the computer system or logging out the session. Candidates have been instructed not to forget to logout the session once the choice filling process is completed and before leaving the system. RMCAAT 2017
After filling up of choices and making all modifications, candidate should finally lock the filled choices through "Final Lock" option. It should be done only when candidate is confident and confirmed about the choices, he/she had filled. "Final Lock" will ensure that the choices cannot be modified further.
Once the choice filling period is over, choice filled by the candidate (either Saved or Locked) shall be considered as final and no change will be permitted. “Final Lock” will be executed automatically once the choice filling period is over or the candidate has not put a “Final Lock” by himself/herself. No query in this regard shall be entertained by the RMCAAT-2018 office.
Latest vacant seat matrix will be made available on the website during choice filling period. The list of institutes/college and vacant seat matrix may change. Any addition/deletion/ modification in the institutes/college list as well as seat matrix will be updated on the website only. No queries in this regard will be entertained. Students are advised to visit our website www.rmcaatonline.com frequently.
After the choice filling period is over, all choices filled in the Options Form of all registered candidates will be considered for allotment of seats on Graduation percentage basis and the availability of seats on a “Higher-Merit-Allotted-First” basis.
The result of allotment of seats will be published on the website only. The allotment will be purely provisional and subject to verification of original documents/credentials at the time of reporting at allotted institution/college. Candidates should get the print of the allotment letter through website. The allotment letter will not be sent by post.
For confirmation of admission to MCA (For First year MCA and Second year MCA through lateral entry) candidates are required to report at the allotted institute/college within the specified reporting period (as per the counseling schedule or as notified through website) along with all original documents, application form, proof of deposition of counseling registration fee, two sets of attested photocopies of all above documents/ testimonials/certificates, admission card, allotment letter and fee etc.
On reporting for admission, the candidates will be issued a provisional admission letter from the reporting institute duly signed and sealed by the competent authority of the institute. The candidates are instructed to obtain the same.
List of RMCAAT examination centres
The entrance exam will also be held at these colleges as they are designated test centers. It must be taken into consideration that the admission will be provisional and subject to approval of the relevant authorities like Pondicherry University/Pondicherry State Government.
The given below is a list of designated test centers for MCA.
Rajiv Gandhi College of Engineering and Technology, Cuddalore Main Rd, Kirumampakkam, Pondicherry - 607 402
Tel. 0413-2615308, 2615309, 2615310
Bharathiyar College of Engineering and Technology, Thiruvettakudy, Karaikal - 609 609
Tel. 04368-266015, 265915, 265916, 265917
Sri Manakula Vinayagar Engineering College, Madagadipet, Mannadipet Commune, Pondicherry - 605 107
Tel. 0413-2641151, 2641136, 2640040
Christ College of Engineering & Technology, Moolakulam, Oulgaret Municipality, Puducherry - 605 010
Tel. 0413-2293491, 2293492
R.V.S. College of Engineering and Technology, Kalikuppam, Karaikal - 609 609
Pope John Paul-II College of Education, Reddiarpalayam, Pondicherry - 605 010
Tel. 0413-2292121, 2292122
Centre for Electronic Governance,
Near Govt. R.C Khaitan Polytechnic College,
Jhalana Doongri , Jaipur (Raj.) -302004