Overview National Law University
National Law University located in Delhi was founded in the academic year of 2008. The University was bought into existence in order to evolve and impart comprehensive and interdisciplinary legal education that is socially relevant. The university aims to promote legal and ethical values and foster the rule of law. The university works towards dissemination of legal knowledge and its role in national development, so that the ability to analyse and present contemporary issues of public concern and their legal implications for the benefit of the public is improved. National Law University was approved by Bar Council of India (BCI) & is affiliated with University Grants Commission (UGC).
- National Law University offers under graduate & Post graduate courses under the fields of Law and Management, under various specializations. The University also offers few certification & PG Diploma programmes.
- For Admission into LLM & BALLB program candidate must appear for AILET entrance examination and must secure valid score as per the cut off marks in order to get shortlisted for admission.
- Admission to the Ph. D programmes shall be made on the basis of merit in the written test conducted by the university and on the basis of candidate score in UGC NET/ JRF/ SLET.
- Fee Structure of Courses at National Law University is affordable, which can be paid in instalments per annum.
- Total fee structure of BALLB course is around INR 7.65 Lakhs, LLM course is INR 1.39 Lakhs and the Ph. D in law at National Law University can be completed with the total expenditure of INR 1.84 Lakhs.
- National Law University provides excellent placements as well as scholarship facilities for the students. The university offers scholarship to the students on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination and on the basis of rank in entrance examination.
- The students are provided with awareness in the society and to obtain social, political and economic justice.
- The course curriculum is designed by judges in high court and Supreme Court in order to make the students have much knowledge about the practice of law in India.
- The syllabus is reviewed regularly according the changes that take place in the law of Constitution.
The main aim of the University is to provide quality education to the students to impart much knowledge. They promote the objectives and rules of law in the Indian Constitution. The University encourages the students to improve their problem solving skills and to analyze the problems that affecting the public.
National Law University Placement-
- The students are provided training in order to improve their problem solving skills and communication skills to stand up for justice.
- Internship opportunities are provided to the students under advocates in different levels of court with good stipend every month.
- After certain period of training under lawyers they can practice law independently in lower levels of courts.
National Law University Scholarships-
- The University has become Central Sector Scholarship Scheme for good education to SC students. They provide 5 scholarships every year which includes tuition fee, books, stationery and boarding lodge charges.
- Scholarship is also provided to ST students which include books, stationery, tuition fee and lodging and Government of NCT also provides Post Matric Scholarships.
National Law University Infrastructure-
- The University has a huge library named after T.P.S. Chawla which is a two floor building having 37500 books and many journals, 250 CDs and DVDs.
- The campus has high speed Wi-Fi accessibility and an Internet Centre is available with more than 50 desktops and laptops.
- The class rooms are equipped with LCD projectors, digital podiums and display screens. Wi-Fi facility is also available with e-Station Smart Multimedia Podium for teaching.
- Huge auditorium is available which is fully air conditioned and has good seating arrangement for 650 people with well-equipped audio and video facilities.