Overview Karpagam College of Pharmacy
Karpagam College of Pharmacy is one of the familiar educational institute for Pharmacy education. It was established in the year 2006 under the aegis of Karpagam Charity Trust and it is situated in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. All the courses which are offered by KCP is approved by PCI (Pharmacy Council of India) & AICTE, accredited by NBA and affiliated to Dr. M.G.R Medical University, Chennai. KCP is endowed with exceptional infrastructure, modern laboratories for practical learning and a team of highly educated, experienced and dedicated faculty members. This vibrant academic environment nurtures an interest for effective learning among students.
- KPC Coimbatore offers B. Pharm course at undergraduate level for the duration of 4 years with an annual intake of 60 students and also offers B. Pharm Lateral Entry course. It offers M. Pharm course in two disciplines namely Pharmaceutics & Pharmacology with a total intake of 15 seats. KPC also offers doctorate degree PharmD for the duration of 6 years with an intake capacity of 30 seats.
- Fees structure for B. Pharm at Karpagam College of Pharmacy costs approximate INR 1.6 Lakhs per annum, fees for M. Pharm costs approximate INR 78,000 for 1st year and for 2nd year it charges around INR 60,000 and fees for Phar.D. course costs 3 Lakhs Per annum.
- Karpagam College of Pharmacy admissions will be granted according to the norms of MGR Medical University, Chennai. Minimum Eligibility for B. Pharm, candidates shall have passed in 10+2 examination in science stream with required 40% aggregate score.
- Karpagam College of pharmacy holds best placement record. It trains the candidates to meet the standards of renowned companies through soft skill training and career enhancement programmes which will be conducted by the dedicated placement cell. It also invites the eminent recruiters for the placement drive.
KPC offers hostel facility for boys and girls with modern facilities and with other recreational facilities. It has their own mess which serves good and hygienic foods for the hostellers. Hostel accommodation will be offered on "first come first served" basis. There is a separate reading hall, TV room, Sports Complex, Wi-Fi & Internet services, Power Back Up, Health Centre etc.
- The placement cell in the college is very good and the companies that visit the college are well-reputed one and they provide the good salary packages to the students
- The college will have internship facility for the students and the internships are compulsory for the pharmacy students for the career growth and to serve the mankind
- The companies that will visit the college are leading companies in the industry and they are Cipla Ltd, Dr. Reddy’s lab, Abbott healthcare, cadila pharma, intas pharma, orchid healthcare and many more companies visit the college
- The college infrastructure is very good. The students have the hi-tech classrooms with the projectors, the lecture hall is very attractive to be in the class then the practical learning makes it do so
- The other facilities that are provided in the college are Hi-tech labs, library, auditorium, animal house, medical garden, museum, indoor and outdoor games, gym, and transport facility
There is hostel facility for both girls and the boys. The hostels given is having the double and triple sharing and the hostels are maintained very cleanly and the food provided at the mess is tasty and hygienic