Overview Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics
Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics familiarly known as Gokhale Institute, Pune which was established in the year 1930 by Servants of India Society which was founded under the legacy of Gopal Krishna Gokhale. It is one of the primogenital researches & training institute of politics and economics in India and the institute has established strong authorizations in analytical research activities. The College is registered under the Bombay Public Trusts Act and Societies Registration Act. In the year 1993, Gokhale institute was awarded with the status Deemed to be University and it is accredited by NAAC ‘A’ Grade & recognized under UGC. Institute strives to impart quality education and research training in certain streams namely Science, Arts, Agriculture, Law and Computer applications.
- GIPE, Pune offers bachelor’s degree B.Sc. in Economics and post graduate courses M.Sc. in International Business Economics & Finance with the total intake of 40 students and also Ph.D., course is available in 4 disciplines namely Economics, agriculture economics, law and population studies.
- Gokhale Institute fees structure for M.Sc. course costs approximate INR 1.6 Lakhs Per annum hence the total fee expenses up to INR 3.2 Lakhs and fee structure for Ph.D. course costs around INR 22,000 for the complete three years of course duration.
- Admission process for at Gokhale institute will be done through entrance exam. In order to get eligible for admission candidates needs to clear the GIPE entrance test with valid score. Candidates who gets qualify in entrance test need to appear for interview session for further selection process
- Mode of filling the GIPE application form is online mode, applicants who meet the prescribed eligibility criteria can apply the form by visiting the official website. GIPE application fees charges INR 1750 for general and fees for reserved category costs INR 875.
- The syllabus is designed by professionals who have much knowledge about the problems that is occurring in the society.
- The course curriculum is changed regularly according to the changes that occur in the present business world.
- The students are transformed into responsive citizens of the society in order to help them achieve their future goals.
Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics Scholarship facility and Prizes will be awarded for the meritorious students. The Allianz Global Foundation Scholarship will be given for the student who has secured highest grade in the academic examination and also some of the prizes namely Pandurangi Prize, Shri R. M. Agnihotri Prize, Prof. V.M. Dandekar Prize will be rewarded for deserving students.
The College aims at socio-economic problems of the society and provides higher education to the students based on their abilities. The college conducts research on various concepts like Rural Development and Cooperation, Agricultural Economics, Monetary Economics and Finance etc.
Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics Placement-
- The Placement cell provides on-campus placement opportunity to the students for internship as well as employment opportunity.
- Pre-Placement talk is arranged between the students and the organizations in order to help them understand the present vacancies in their required fields.
- ICICI Bank, Hindustan Lever Ltd, First Global, BNP Paribas, HSBC and many other firms hire the students from the campus and offer them decent pay.
Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics Infrastructure-
- Huge library covering an area of 2000 sq.ft with reference books required to understand the concepts and journals required to conduct research.
- Classrooms are well maintained and spacious with good lighting facility and seating arrangement for the students.
- Cafeteria provides varieties of hygienic food with decent rate and 24/7 medical facility is available within the campus.
Separate courts are available for both indoor and outdoor games like table tennis, badminton, volleyball, throw ball, basketball etc.