Home >> News & Articles >> Goa University Rankings

Goa University Rankings

Feb 23, 2022 by Admin
Goa University Rankings

Goa University Rankings

Goa University is a prestigious state university of India. The UGC and AICTE approve it. The NAAC has accredited GU. NAAC has rated Goa University with a grade of "A". The University holds a great reputation for its quality education. GU has won several recognitions for its academic achievements at the national level. In addition, it has been recognized at Global Level. Around 56 colleges have been affiliated with Goa University. It offers more than 26 courses in multiple UG and PG levels streams. The university campus has 20 departments and 3 schools. In the affiliated colleges, more than 30,000+ enrolled.

NIRF has recognized GU for several years. NIRF is a national-level ranking framework approved by MHRD. Goa University NIRF Ranking 2021 was 101. It has achieved a ranking in the overall category. GU secured the same 101st Position in NIRF Rankings for three consistent years. (2021, 2020, 2019) Besides NIRF Rankings, it has accomplished rankings from QS and Outlook. As per QS Indian University Rankings, it was positioned in 65th. In Asia ranking, it secured a band of 501st to 550th

GU also attracts international students every year. It has a great student-to-faculty ratio. There are over 250+ qualified faculties at GU. It is the only University to have more female students than the male. The female students cover 60%. The remaining 40% are male students. GU has collaborated with leading universities worldwide. These collaborations offer the students international exposure. It also offers them various learning opportunities.

Goa University NIRF ranking

The National Institutional ranking Framework is also known as the NIRF ranking. It was established by the Ministry of Education (MOE). NIRF has been approved by the Government of India. These rankings are based on various parameters. The NIRF ranking parameters are mentioned below.

  1. Teaching, Learning, and Resources
  2. Perception
  3. Outreach and Inclusivity
  4. Graduation Outcome
  5. Research and Professional Practices

After being evaluated on these factors, GU has secured good rankings. The University has been ranked 101st for its overall performance. It was offered for 3 consecutive years of 2021, 2020, and 2019.

GU has also secured a ranking under the university category. It secured 96th rank in 2021. Whereas in 2020, it was positioned in 81st. And in  2019, it got 93rd rank. Thus, Goa University has been featured on NIRF's Top 100 Universities Ranking List for three years. 

Goa University NIRF ranking highlight

NIRF ranking category

The ranking of Goa university

NIRF 2021 overall category

101st

NIRF 2020 overall category

101st

NIRF 2019 overall category

101st

NIRF 2021 university category

96th

NIRF 2020 university category

81st

NIRF 2019 university category

93rd

 

Goa University NIRF Rankings 2021

GU secured 96th position in NIRF 2021. It was offered in the top university category. GU has secured a score of 38.96 out of 100. The detailed marks of GU are given below.

NIRF ranking parameter

The score achieved by GU

Teaching, learning, and resources

48.86

Research and Professional Practice

15.05

Graduation Outcome

60.91

Outreach and Inclusivity

55.96

Perception

20.01

 

Goa University NIRF Rankings 2020

In 2020 GU secured 81st rank. It is the highest NIRF rank secured by the GU. It has achieved a score of 41.37 out of 100. In the table below, parameters wise score of GU is mentioned.

NIRF ranking parameter

The score achieved by GU

Teaching, learning, and resources

55.98

Research and Professional Practice

14.14

Graduation Outcome

65.28

Outreach and Inclusivity

53.00

Perception

19.82

 

Goa University NIRF Ranking 2019

GU achieved 93rd rank in 2019. The marks secured by GU were 38.76. The detailed NIRF marking of GU is given below.

NIRF ranking parameter

The score achieved by GU

Teaching, learning, and resources

52.81

Research and Professional Practice

14.46

Graduation Outcome

66.29

Outreach and Inclusivity

51.60

Perception

1.63

Goa University other rankings

  • GU has secured 65th in 2020. The QS India ranking offered it. The ranking was provided in the overall category.
  • At the QS Asia level Rankings, GU secured a band of 501st to 550th.
  • Ranked 6th in 2019 among top universities in India. The ranking was offered by the Week.
  • Ranked 76th in the overall category. Outlook India offered the ranking in 2019.