Overview Kuriakose Elias College
Kuriakose Elias College also known as KEC, Mannanam is private educational institute which was established in the year 1964 and it is located in Kottayam, Kerala State. The College is affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam and accredited by NAAC ‘A’ Grade. KEC strives to impart quality of value-based education for the aspired students in major streams namely Arts, Science and Commerce. Faculties at KEC are well-qualified and some of the professors are highly experienced and they train the students by adopting innovative learning methodologies. he courses offered at KE College meets international standards and are structured in the best possible way to benefit the students.
- KEC Mannanam offers Under Graduate Courses BA in Economics, English, History with the intake of 375 seats, B. Com in two streams namely Computer applications, Taxation and General and B.Sc. course for the duration of three years in 8 disciplines namely Psychology, Botany, Chemistry, Computer applications, Electronics, Mathematics, Physics and Zoology
- KEC offers Post Graduate courses MA in Economics & English and M.Sc. in 7 streams namely Chemistry, Computer applications, Psychology, Statistics, Botany, Mathematics and Physics.
- Admission into the UG and PG courses at Kuriakose Elias College will be granted according to the merit score obtained in qualified examination.
- KEC application process for aided courses will be conducted via offline mode, candidates need to collect the application form prospects at the admission office. For the self-financing courses application form can be downloaded by visiting the respective website of institute.
- They create responsible human resource having much leadership and employability qualities which is required in the present business world.
- They transform the students of the present generation with knowledge about environment, international aspects and highly developed technology.
- The college has the objective of working with both University and the government to bridge the gap between University and Industries.
Kuriakose Elias College offers excellent hostel facilities for the candidates, totally there are three hostels in which 100 boys and 500 girls can accommodate and the hostels are situated near to the college campus itself. It has well-furnished rooms, mess facility, laundry services, Wi-fi enabled, sports & games, recreational facilities, TV and other required facilities are facilitated for the students.
St. Joseph’s Monastery first started Sanskrit school in order to provide equal education to all the sectors of the society. Carmelites of Mary Immaculate (CMI) is the founder of the college and aims at providing education to the students to fulfill their own responsibilities.
Kuriakose Elias College Placement-
- The placement cell works hard every year in order to bring many companies to the campus for hiring the students.
- They train the students as per the industrial requirements and mock interviews are conducted in order to make the students familiar with various rounds of interviews.
- Placement is offered to meritorious students in reputed companies with good salary package in order to help them achieve their future goals.
Kuriakose Elias College Infrastructure-
- The college has a huge library with large number of books including reference books, journals and magazines in order to help the students.
- Ground is available for games like cricket, basketball, football, volleyball etc. and sports activities are conducted yearly in order to make them participate in extra activities.
- Auditorium is available with projectors and good seating arrangement for the students where seminars, workshops and fests are conducted.
- Labs are well equipped with all the required modern facilities for the present industrial world.
- Hostel facilities are present within the campus for both boys and girls with clean rooms which are well furnished to maintain the hygiene of the students.