Cutoff, Application Form, Courses, Eligibility, Selection Process 2021
CEG, shortly known for the College of Engineering, Guindy, is a public college in Chennai affiliated with Anna University. It was initiated in 1794 with the support of government funds and norms. CEC offers UG degrees in various fields of Engg and other magnt areas. Some PG degrees available in CEC include MCA, M-Tech, MBA, M.E., M.Sc., M.Phil programs. For the UG Engg program, they require entrance scores from TNEA as a state-level test. CEC has specific selection criteria for providing entries to the college. Applications for this college can be applied in both online and offline mode.
- For BE or B-Tech admissions in CEC, they offer thirteen different subject specialization.
- BE is available in engg courses like Civil, Mngft, ME, Biomedical, EEE, Industry, Agriculture and Irrigation, Printing Tech etc.
- For the B-Tech course, the discipline is available in Information Technology.
- BE and B-Tech course is for four whole years and is also available in lateral programs.
- B-Tech or BE entries require marks from entrance tests like TNEA apart from the min eligibility criteria.
- To get entry to the PG courses like M.E, M-Tech, MBA, MCA, they must need scores from TANCET acting as a state-level test for any PG degree-seeking entries in TN institute.
- M-Tech/ M.E course in CEC must have scores from GATE along with graduation in B-Tech program with at least avg CGPA.
- MCA requires a UG degree in BCA with mathematics as a compulsory subject.
- After any entrance tests, results are out; the eligible students must participate in the given counselling process to clarify seat allocation.
- The candidates can apply for CEC admissions by visiting the college website. Check for the application link.
- Enter the details to keep the information transparent and valid. The students must submit their documents and other certificates as well to clear the verification process.
- The candidates must pay the specified amount for application fees in CEC to complete the submission.
- It is recommended that the students keep a physical copy of the application form after making the online submission.
Some of the required documents are: board test marks sheet, Entrance test scorecard, ID proof, Domicile certificate, and category certificate is necessary.
by soundarya , 21 Dec 2020
Class of 2021
Fees structure for almost all courses is feasible in this college. I completed my B.Tech of 4 years in computer science engineering from this college with the total expenditure of 1.5Lakhs. Institution also offers scholarship to students on the basis of merit. Admissions into all courses are on the basis of entrance examination score. Student must secure valid score as per the cut off marks. For B.Tech student can appear for TNEA entrance exam. Another basic eligibility for admission is that, student must have completed 10+2 with 50% aggregate marks with PCM as the compulsory subject from a board which is recognised. For M.Tech students can appear for GATE or TANCET entrance exam.