The three-year, full-time BA Psychology degree covers the study of the mind and behaviours. Health, human development, personality, social conduct, etc., are all included. The course is broken up into six semesters, with the last semester covering internships and projects and the first four semesters focusing on theory and practical work.
Universities and colleges worldwide offer an undergraduate degree in psychology called the BA. It focuses on the investigation of the mind and behaviour of people. It teaches students several areas of psychology, including criminal psychology, social psychology, counselling, behavioural psychology, and group psychology.
BA in Psychology Eligibility Criteria
Students who want to apply for a BA in psychology must meet a few requirements set forth by the colleges. However, the fundamental requirements for someone to be eligible are that they must have completed their 10+2 examinations with a minimum of 50%-55% of the possible points from any recognised board, and they must have passed all of their class 12 subjects. The full list of requirements is shown below:
The applicant must have earned their 10+2 from a reputable board or an equivalent. In addition, candidates should have received an overall 10+2 score of between 50% and 55%. Merit-based admission or entrance exam-based admission are the two options.
Top BA Psychology Colleges in India
Why choose BA in Psychology
Five Lessons from a Psychology
1. Principles of Psychology: Theories, concepts, and applications of psychology are covered in the initial courses for the BAPsychology Major. Your introduction to more complex ideas and information on potential career paths will be provided. Students who major in psychology get the chance to examine human behaviour and experiences in depth.
2. Introduction to Psychology: Major Theories in Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Organizational Psychology, Biological Psychology, Change Psychology and Counseling, Psychology of Good and Evil, and others are among the courses available for psychology majors.
3. Behavioural research: Your ability to distinguish between typical and deviant behavioural patterns is the goal of the coursework. Additionally, as the course proceeds, you will learn how to deal with deviations from normal behavioural patterns to identify a solution.
4. Fieldwork/Internship Experience: You will collaborate closely with your patients as a psychologist to identify the root of their distress. And thus, assist them in identifying a way to enhance. Fieldwork and internships are essential components of your coursework. As part of the internship required by the
5. Behavioural research: Your ability to distinguish between typical and deviant behavioural patterns is the goal of the coursework. Additionally, as the course proceeds, you will learn how to deal with deviations from normal behavioural patterns to identify a solution.
Courses after BA in Psychology
After earning their BA in psychology, students who want to continue their education have a variety of possibilities. For example, they may work as clinical psychologists, social psychologists, educational psychologists, research psychologists, counselling psychologists, and various other positions.
After completing their undergraduate degree, students can enrol in psychology master's programs or certification or certificate programs. Candidates may also choose a doctoral program. A candidate may apply for the following postgraduate or certificate/diploma courses:
? PG Diploma in counselling psychology
? PG Diploma in clinical psychology
? PG Diploma in Mental Health Counselling
? PG Diploma in rehabilitation psychology
? MA Psychology
? MA in Applied Psychology
? Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology
? Doctor of Philosophy in stress analysis
? Certificate course in child psychology
? Certificate course in applied psychology
? Certificate course in School Counseling.
BA Psychology Jobs
Having a psychology degree increases your employment options. Below is a list of industries where a psychology graduate can find work.
In addition to these, those with BAs in psychology can work in a variety of government agencies. In the government sector, a few alternatives are:
? Employed as a government school teacher or bank clerk
? jobs as an assistant secretary.
Job Descriptions Salary (per annum)
Understanding a person's career
path and assisting him in finding
a rewarding career is the
responsibilities of a career
INR 2.5 LPA – INR 3 LPA
A social worker's job is to assist a
community or a group by
assessing their psychological
INR 1.2 LPA – 6.3 LPA
A recruiter's responsibility is to
recognise a person's skills and
put them to use for the
INR 3 LPA – INR 6 LPA
A person working in this field
must be able to transform
information into abilities and
apply those skills to advance the
INR 5 LPA – INR 6 LPA
A psychology graduate studies a
variety of social abilities, which he
or she can use it further in various
marketing or sales sectors
INR 2 LPA – INR 6 LPA
Clinical psychologists may focus
on psychoanalysis, group
therapy, family therapy, or
behaviour therapy, among other
INR 4 LPA – INR 8 LPA
A psychiatric technician deals
with people who have substance
misuse problems, mental
illnesses, or developmental
INR 2 LPA – INR 6 LPA
Research is an important field for
INR 3 LPA – INR 6 LPA
psychologists because of their
training in experimental research
and statistical procedures
Future Prospects of a Psychology
Candidates can pursue higher education through various colleges in India and abroad that provide master's, doctoral, or diploma programs in psychology. Candidates with a BA in psychology have a wide range of employment opportunities. Graduates in psychology can work in clinics, hospitals, and other fields. In psychology, graduates with experience in international relations will be given preference.
BA graduates have a variety of employment options in the public sector. A psychology major enables you to explore different career options, whether you wish to become a psychiatrist or pursue a degree in psychology to work in a field of your choice. The topics covered in this course provide students with a deeper empathy for the complexity of the human mind. And as a result, you are equipped to meet the particular demands of your work and do it efficiently and effectively.