Home >> Midnapore >> Vidyasagar University >> Admission

Vidyasagar University Admission

Midnapore, West Bengal | Reviews/Ratings: - Add Review
Established : 1981 | Accredited/Approved : AICTE, UGC
Courses Fee Structure
Courses Fee
Admission Procedure

Eligibility Criteria/Cut-off for Admissions 2020

Vidyasagar University is located in Midnapore and started in 1981. Vidyasagar University (VU) offers several under graduate, Post graduate and research courses in various disciplines. The basic admission criteria for taking UG course in VU is that, aspirants must have passed cleared intermediate in related stream and for PG courses the eligibility is that aspirants must hold a degree i.e. graduated in related stream.

  • Students can download the registration form from the Vidyasagar University official website or apply through online mode.
  • UG course admission is mainly through merit score and PG course admission is through score of entrance exam that is conducted by VU.
  • Ph.D. and M. Phil admission is done through interview and written test conducted by VU.
  • For MBA programme, selection is through entrance exam marks (JEMAT/MAT/CAT/equivalent exam) or VUMAT which will be followed with Group discussion and personal interaction
  • For MCA programme, JECA rank is required for admission process.
  • VU also offers distance education under post graduate level.

University Name

Vidyasagar University



Application Mode

Online mode


University level counselling

Admission criteria

Entrance based
Merit based


Vidyasagar University Admission/Application Dates:


Dates (tentative)

Post graduate online application form start date

30th April

Last date for application form submission

5th June

CET date for PG level programmes

June 3rd week


29th June

CAT/CET/MAT application form : Last date

28th June

University level Interview (For MBA course)

29th June


Vidyasagar University B.Com, B.Sc., BA, B.Ed., BBA and B.Lib.Sc. Admission:

  • VU having several courses under UG level such as BA, B.Sc., B.Com, B.Ed., BBA and B. L.I.Sc. The minimum eligibility needed to take admission in these UG courses is to have qualified intermediate or 12th in the appropriate subjects or streams. A B.Ed. course eligibility criterion is students must hold a bachelor/master degree in related subjects. For B.Lib.Sc.  Admission is given for students having bachelor degree.
  • Selection for under graduate courses in VU is based on merit i.e. on the basis of previous qualified exam. For B.Lib.Sc. Selection is through entrance exam score.
  • 60% of seats in per subject are reserved for VU candidates and remaining 40% of seats are provided for government exams, as per West Bengal govt.

Course name

Eligibility criteria





Cleared HSC with a valid a marks


MA/M.Com/M.Sc. (H) in related discipline + University entrance exam


Bachelor's degree or any Master's degree with 50% score in aggregate


Vidyasagar University MBA, M.Ed.  And MCA Admission:

Based on Government of West Bengal, 40% of course seats are based on government exam and remaining 60% of course seats for VU candidates.

  • VU provides MCA, MBA and M.Ed. programmes under Post graduation. The minimum criterion required for taking MCA admission is cleared graduation (10+2+4/10+2+3 pattern) in related stream like Commerce, Social sciences, Science, Management and engineering, must also obtain 50% score in aggregate.
  • For M.Ed. programme, the basic eligibility required is bachelor degree i.e. B.Ed. course cleared with a valid score.
  • For MBA course admission, criterion required is any graduation in appropriate stream and obtained at least 45% score.
  • MCA selection is done through JECA entrance exam based and MBA selection is through the marks secured in exams like CET/MAT/CAT/VUMAT which is followed by Group discussion and personal interaction round in the University.
  • M.Ed. selection is done through merit basis.

Course name

Eligibility criteria


10+2+3/10+2+4 pattern examination cleared and obtained 45% aggregate marks with CAT/MAT/JEMAT or VUMAT along with GD and PI


Along with JECA rank, cleared any relevant bachelor's degree with 50% aggregate.


B.Ed. Degree with valid marks


Vidyasagar University M.Sc., MA, M.L.I.Sc. And M.Com admission:

  • Various disciplines are offered under MA, M.Com, M.Sc. and M. L.I.Sc course in VU. For M.Sc. the basic criteria are candidates must have cleared B.Sc. or any equivalent graduation degree in related discipline. For M.Com admission, B.Com degree must have cleared in stream like Marketing or Accountancy. An MA eligibility criterion is having graduation degree from recognized University in relevant stream. For M.L.I.Sc. Admission, students must have B.Lib.Sc degree.
  • Selection to the course is through University entrance examination. Final shortlisting is done on the basis of the qualified examination score + score obtained in entrance examination.
  • Seats are reserved like 60% for VU students and 40% based on government exam.

M.Sc. Streams

Eligibility criteria


Remote Sensing & GIS



Human Physiology


Fisheries Science


Computer Science

Clinical Nutrition & Dietetics



Bio Medical Lab Sc. And Management

Applied Mathematics with Oceanology and Computer Programming


B.Sc. Degree in related stream along with University entrance test


MA Streams

Eligibility criteria




Political Science with Rural Administration






BA or any equivalent bachelor degree + exam conducted by the University at admission time


Course name

Eligibility criteria

M. L.I.Sc.

Bachelor degree in B.Lib.Sc. + University entrance exam


B.Com or any equivalent degree

M.Sc. / MA

B.Sc./ BA degree in related subject


Vidyasagar University (VU) application process:

Online mode of form filling (application form) is done in the VU official website and aspirants can even download the form for required course offered in University.

Application fee of VU is INR 250 for post graduate and other courses and INR 350 for M. Phil admission and the fees can paid through DD in favour of “Vidyasagar University” payable at Midnapore. Application form downloading Steps as given below:

  • Visit the VU official website and click the like Online admission portal.
  • Students have to register and login by using the Username & Pass word, which is received through students email.
  • Apply for the form and fill the form with all details.
  • Students have to upload the scanned photos with signature.
  • Application form fee has to be paid through various payment mode like Net banking/Debit card/Credit card.
  • Print out has to be taken (application form) and submit it with all attached documents.

Required documents at counselling time:

  • Application form print out
  • 10th /12th/ graduation marks sheet
  • Admit card copy
  • Date of Birth certificate
  • BPL certificate
  • Caste certificate
  • Migration certificate
Live Application Form 2020


by Ritu, 31 Jan 2020
Class of 2020

If we choosing some stream in M.Sc. level got to have cleared B.Sc. in the similar stream to be eligible to apply for the university. Through merit in B.Sc. or relevant degree basis Vidyasagar University M.Sc. admissions will be provided. Related to stream the placements are invited and recruited quite more in number.

Worth the Money
Crowd & Campus Life
Salary & Placements
Campus Facilities
Live B.Tech Application Form 2020

Asked Question

Srimanta janaasked on 15-Apr-2020 14:49:45
I have completed my graduation in the year 2011 ,can I get admition in pg courses at vidyasagar 2020

replied on 01-May-2020 12:58:15

Since there is no age limit candidates despite of their age can apply for M.Sc. but then as eligibility candidates should have been B.Sc. graduate with not less than 50% marks.

Gayathriasked on 17-May-2019 09:17:00
Admission for PG course

replied on 17-May-2019 09:53:06

Hi, Candidate to apply for MA should have a graduation degree from a relevant discipline and should have pretty good marks to take admissions. To apply you need to download the application form official website fill completely and submit the same.

sarmisthaasked on 08-Mar-2019 10:30:29
course fee, admission procedure

Subhas Adakasked on 09-Nov-2018 01:44:54
Is there any possibility of MBA Admission 2018 - 20

replied on 17-Nov-2018 06:43:04

Hi Subhas Adak,

  • Admission for Distance MBA will commence for the year 2018 is closed.
  • Eligibility is being a graduation in any stream from a recognized university. 
  • Interested candidates can apply through online mode for admission. 

preyasi deyasked on 31-Aug-2018 08:27:55
total course fees,eligibility

ranaasked on 18-Jul-2018 07:20:29
what is the date of admission/

Sukhendu Mondalasked on 02-Jul-2018 09:51:27
Location of the college.. Total fees..

Debarati sahaasked on 11-Jun-2018 15:52:53
How can I get all informations of DISTANCE MBA in Vidyasagar University? I am from kolkata.

SANCHAYAN SARKARasked on 31-May-2018 03:15:11
i am bsc graduate from university of calcutta. now i am working and want to complete my mba.

shryabaniasked on 31-Mar-2018 05:31:33
plz give me brochure

Sourav gangulyasked on 25-Jan-2018 07:35:50
I want admission in MBA

replied on 24-Feb-2018 11:48:02

Hi Sourav Ganguly, 
Admission for MBA at Vidyasagar University: 

  • Candidate must have completed graduation with minimum 50% aggregate.
  • Candidate must have a valid score in CAT/MAT entrance examination. 
  • Candidate can apply online/offline with the required details.
  • Admission will be done on the basis of academic credentials, entrance exam and also performance in personal interview.
  • Shortlisted candidates will be called for the personal interview based on marks obtained in graduation and entrance exam.
  • Selection will be done based on the marks obtained in the previous examination followed by Personal Interview. 

Interested in Vidyasagar University