Siliguri Institute of Technology (SIT) began its functions in 1999 as a private tech institute in Darjeeling, West Bengal. SIT has permission and approval from AICTE and UGC committee. They have an affiliation from MAKAUT of Kolkata. SIT provides training for UG and PG available in different streams and subject choices. The list of courses offered in SIT are BBA, B-Tech, BHM, BCA, and BHMCT for UG level, MCA and MBA programs are offered at PG level. SIT also provides lateral programs to MCA and B-Tech degrees. SIT gives placement and scholarship provisions for its students for every academic year. Scholarship facility is offered for them based on merit basis and for special category students.
- Applicants seeking admissions in SIT must register themselves by filling in the details online via the college website.
- The minimum or the most minor eligibility criteria for SIT admissions must require scores from 10+2 board exams inclusive of science subjects by the recognized state board or.
- Admissions for other PGD programs in Engg or B.Sc. degree (inclusive of lateral entry) in SIT must have a UG degree from a recognized board.
- B-Tech admissions in SIT requires specific state entrance test like WBJEE or JEE main entrance test as a national level exam.
- In the case of MBA admissions in SIT, they must have cut-off scores from WBJEMAT (state-level) test, especially for the mangt MBA program. If not, they also accept MAT at the national level mangt test for admission criteria.
- For BHMTC admission in SIT, must have scores from JEHOM conducted by WNJEEB as a state-level to seek direct admissions in SIT.
- For admission to BHM in SIT happens based on the CET organized by MAKAUT or by getting direct entries.
- The selection criteria for BBA in SIT is given by getting eligible rank is given entrance test scores.
- For BCA, admissions only board exam marks enough to provide admissions in SIT.
- To get admission seats in SIT for MCA and MCA Lateral entry programs, it is possible through JECA test scores.
- The application process for SIT is possible through online mode.
- They will have to submit the online application for SIT by visiting the website-fill the details-clip-in the documents and photos-pay the fees amount-save the e-receipt-keep the hard copy of the application form.
by Saritha, 10 Jan 2021
Class of 2021
The college offers a two-year, full time MBA program at INR 2.25 Lakhs per year. Siliguri Institute of Technology Admission is done online through the official website of the college. To enroll into MBA there are a few requirements to get through, such as:
The candidate will have to secure a min. of 50% average marks in their bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
The candidate will have to appear for the MAT/ WBJEMAT entrance test (any). The score secured in the test will aid in selection of candidates.
About 80% seats are given for candidates who’ve appeared for the WBJEMAT and the remaing 10% for CAT.