Armed Forces Medical College Pune has been one of the prominent medical institutions of India. Located in Pune, Maharashtra, AFMC has been recognized as the first Armed Forces medical institution in Asia. The institute laid its foundation after independence on 4th May 1948. The institution offers UG, PG, and Superspeciality courses in Medical Science and Nursing. AFMC is affiliated with the Maharashtra University of Health Science (MUHS). The institute got its approval from the Medical Council of India (MCI) and the World Health Organization (WHO) global organization. AFMC Pune has also been accredited with grade "A" by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). It has ranked AFMC Pune with a CGPA score of 3.5 out of 4. At the UG level, the institution offers B.Sc and MBBS programs, and at the PG level, the institute offers M.Sc, MD, MS, MHA, and MPT courses.
AFMC Pune has been associated with the Command Hospital. The hospital works as the teaching and training hospital for the students of the AFMC Pune.
Armed Forces Medical College Pune MBBS admission
AFMC Pune provides students with a full-time MBBS program. The program is approved by the MCI and has been offered at the undergraduate level. The timeline of the MBBS program at AFMC Pune is 4 and half years, along with 1 year of the internship program.
- The admission in the MBBS program at AFMC Pune is done through the entrance examination.
- The eligibility criteria for MBBS admission at AFMC Pune are mentioned below.
- The candidates must have been citizens of India.
- The applicants must have passed their 10+2 or any intermediate level equivalent board examination.
- The board examination should have been held through any recognized board of senior secondary education.
- The candidates should have chosen Physics, chemistry, and Biology as the main subjects at 10+2 level and English as the language subject.
MBBS Selection Criteria in AFMC Pune
- For MBBS admission in Armed Forces Medical College, candidates qualify in NEET, and then they have to undergo NEET Counselling. The NEET application fees cost INR 1400/-
- The total number of seats available in the MBBS program at AFMC Pune is 150. Out of which, 120 seats will be reserved for the boy's students, and the remaining 30 seats will be for the girl's students.
- The final seat allotment in AFMC for MBBS is done through NEET Counselling. MCC will administrate the counselling at National Level.
- The candidates can apply online by going on the official website of MCC and have to register themselves online.
- To secure MBBS seats during the seat allotment process, candidates must meet the AFMC Pune Cut off criteria as defined by the college admission authority.
- Candidates who secured seats through counselling will have to undergo another screening round. The screening test is known as the -Test of English Language, Comprehension, Logic, and Reasoning (ToELR). This is a computer-based test.
- After that, the applicants will also have to go through a round of interviews and physical assessments.
- Finally, the candidates will be selected based on their performance in the NEET UG examination, ToELR, and the physical assessment round.
AFMC Marking scheme
Marking scheme on each step
ToELR total score
Total Score (NEET + AFMC ToELR)
Revised Score = Total Score divided by 4
Will be calculated out of 250
Armed Forces Medical College Pune MBBS specializations and eligibility criteria
Bachelors of Surgery, and Bachelors of Medicine
- HSC or any 10+2 level board examination conducted by any recognized university. Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects and English as language subjects.
- Candidates must have secured 60% marks in physics, chemistry, and biology added together. A minimum of 50% marks in aggregation.
- 50% marks in English.
- ToELR score and NEET UG score
Armed Forces Medical College Pune PG courses
PG courses are offered at AFMC Pune in the field of Medical Science. The course offered is full-time. The duration of the PG courses at AFMC Pune is 3 academic years. The course is offered under MD and MS. The MD course at AFMC Pune is offered under 20 different specializations, and the MS course at AFMC Pune is offered under 6 different specializations.
- For admission to the MD/MS at AFMC Pune, candidates should undertake the NEET PG Entrance Test. The total number of seats available in the PG courses at AFMC Pune is 175.
- The final seat allocation takes place through MCC Counselling. Candidates are required to register for counselling via online mode.
- The candidates will be considered eligible for admission in the PG courses if they pass the following eligibility criteria.
- The applying candidates must have passed their MBBS degree course.
- The course should have been conducted by any university-approved under the Medical Council of India.
- The applicants must have been registered under the National Medical council.
- The candidates must pass the physical assessment test conducted by the institution.
Armed Forces Medical College MD/MS Specializations
Doctorate of Medicine (MD)
Anaesthesiology, Biochemistry, Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy, General Medicine, Hospital Administration, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Pathology, Immuno Hematology & Blood Transfusion, Pediatrics, Physiology, Pharmacology, Psychiatry, Radio-Diagnosis and radiology, Sports Medicine, Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine, Anatomy, Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine, Ophthalmology, and Obstetrics & Gynecology
MBBS degree course conducted by any university recognized by the MCI. A mandatory 12 months internship program.
NEET PG score
Masters of Surgery (MS)
Obstetrics & Gynecology, ENT, Anatomy, Ophthalmology, General Surgery, and Orthopedics
Armed Forces Medical College Pune B.Sc Nursing course
AFMC offers B.Sc courses at the undergraduate level. The course is offered in the area of Nursing. The B.Sc Nursing course at AFMC Pune is 4 academic years and is conducted full-time on-campus.
- The mode of admission in the B.Sc Nursing at AFMC Pune is done through the method of entrance examination and through merit-based.
- The applicants seeking admission in the B.Sc Nursing program should appear in the Institute level entrance exam conducted by the AFMC Pune.
- The eligibility criteria for B.Sc Nursing at AFMC Pune are as follows,
- The applicants must have passed a 10+2 level examination from any recognized council of education and a Diploma program in Nursing.
- Along with that, the candidates must have professional experience of a minimum of 2 years in a similar field.
- The candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in all of the subjects calculated together.
- The applicants must have passed the entrance examination on the first attempt.
- The total number of seats available in the B.Sc Nursing course at AFMC Pune is 40.
- Candidates can fill up the AFMC Pune online application form for the B.Sc Nursing admission. The applicants can go to the official website of the AFMC Pune and register themselves.
- The candidates can further fill-up the application form and submit it by paying the application fees.
- The shortlisted candidates will have to report to the institutional campus for a personal interview round.
Armed Forces Medical College Pune MSc/MHA admission
- AFMC Pune offers an MHA (Master of Health Administration) course in Hospital Administration and an MSc in Anatomy.
- The MHA or MSc course at AFMC Pune is full-time and conducted on-campus, and the timeline of the program is 2 academic years.
- The candidates seeking admission in the MHA or MSc course at AFMC Pune must undertake NEET PG Entrance Test. The selection criteria will be done through counselling.
- The applicants can visit the official website of the MCC and can register themselves for the counselling.
- The applicants must pass the eligibility criteria for MHA or MSc admission at AFMC Pune are as follows,
- The applicants must have passed a bachelor's degree of a minimum of 3 years or any 10+2+3 level degree program.
- The degree course should have been conducted by any university approved by the Joint Committee of UGC, Association of India Universities (AIU), or All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi.
- The degree course should have been conducted under any stream or specializations.
- The candidate's evaluation will be done based on their merit achieved in the last qualifying academic examination and the marks conducted in the national level entrance examination.
Armed Forces Medical College Pune PG Diploma courses admission
- A PG Diploma course is offered at AFMC Pune in the field of Medical Studies. The course is offered at PG level and the duration of the course is 3 years.
- The PG Diploma courses at AFMC Pune are offered under 12 different specializations. The total intake of candidates in the course is 24.
- The applicants seeking admission in the PG Diploma courses at AFMC Pune should appear in the national level entrance exam NEET PG. Additionally, candidates must meet the eligibility criteria as follows:
- The applicants must have passed an MBBS level degree program.
- The degree program should have been conducted by any national or state university recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- The applicants must have completed their 12 months equivalent internship program.
- The applicants must have been registered with the National Medical Council (NMC).
Armed Forces Medical College Pune PG Diploma specializations
Diploma in Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy, Diploma in Radio-Diagnosis, Diploma in Anesthesia, Diploma in Public Health, Diploma in Child Health, Diploma in Psychological Medicine, Diploma in Clinical Pathology, Diploma in Oto-Rhino-Laryngology, Diploma in Ophthalmology, Diploma in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Diploma in Industrial Health, and Diploma in Hospital Administration
MBBS degree program conducted by any university approved by the MCI. 1 year mandatory internship program.
NEET PG score