Home >> Nagpur >> Rajiv Gandhi College Of Engineering & Research >> Admission

Rajiv Gandhi College Of Engineering & Research Admission

Nagpur, Maharashtra | Reviews/Ratings: - Add Review
Established : 2008 | Accredited/Approved : AICTE | Affiliated : RTM Nagpur University
Overview
Overview
Courses Fee Structure
Courses Fee
Admission Procedure
Admission

RGCER B Tech Admission  

Rajiv Gandhi College Nagpur offers five B.Tech specialization courses; all the courses require four years to complete the degree program. The institute follows the pattern of CBS (Credit Based System). The total intake capacity and fee structure for each BE specialization course in RGCER is-

Specialization

Intake

Mechanical engineering

60

Information technology

60

Electrical engineering

60

Civil engineering

60

Computer Science and Engineering

120

RGCER BE Eligibility

Any candidate who seeks B Tech admission in Rajiv Gandhi College  must be-

  • Shall have passed HSC or any equivalent examination with a minimum aggregate score of 50%.
  • Maths, Physics, and Chemistry are mandatory in 10+2. 5% of relaxation will be applicable for the students belonging to the reserved category.

RGCER BE Selection Process

  • RGCER will provide B.Tech admission according to the norms and guidelines specified by DTE.
  • The selection of students for BE admission at RGCER is based on the score and rank of the students in JEE Mains or  MH- CET.
  • Maharashtra State Candidature Students have to undertake MHT CET Entrance Exam and shall have obtained non zero marks. All India Candidature and J&K Migrants can appear in JEE Main to be eligible.
  • The final seat allocation is done via CAP ( Centralized Admission Process), conducted by DTE, Government of Maharashtra.
  • The students must qualify the B.Tech Cutoff norms of the RGCER. Then, there will be a possibility to secure a B Tech admission seat through CAP rounds.
  • 80% of seats will be filled through CAP Rounds, conducted by DTE. The remaining 20% of seats have been reserved under the Institute level quota.

RGCER BE MHT-CET Cutoff

Specialization

MHT-CET CUTOFF by Score

Mechanical engineering

86.12

Information technology

90.92

Electrical engineering

65.28

Civil engineering

83.31

Computer Science and Engineering

91.32

RGCER M Tech Admission  

Rajiv Gandhi College offers one M.Tech specialization course; the course requires two years to complete the degree program.

Specialization

Fee structure (Approx)

Intake

Mechanical engineering

Rs- 90000 /- per annum

18

RGCER M.Tech Eligibility/Selection Criteria

  • If a candidate wants to be eligible for M. Tech at RGCER, then the candidate must have a degree in B. Tech and should be of Indian nationality.
  • The candidate must score 50% minimum aggregate marks at the time of graduation in any relevant subject, approved by AICTE.
  • Relaxation of 5% for all the Backward classes and PwD candidates
  • The selection of students for the M.Tech Degree Program is done based on the GATE score.
  • Scholarship and Concession fee is applicable for the candidates, as per the Government norms.

RGCER  Application Process

Candidates seeking admission to RGCER should have hard copies of all the mandatory documents, including JEE Main/ MHT-CET and GATE scorecard.

  • The Admission rounds for DTE CAP will be announced by DTE and published on the DTE website.
  • For ILQ Quota, The candidates are advised to visit the official website of RGCER to fill the OAAF (Online admission application form)
  • In another way, students can even download the application form. Then, fill the form and submit it via post and attested photocopies for the respective college address.
  • CAP sanctions 80% of the seats. The rest, 20% of seats, are approved by Institute Level Quota,
  • All candidates must attend the ILQ (Institution Level Quota Counselling) and for the spot admission round. If not participated, the admission spot will be lost.
  • Admission will be done by strictly following the FCML inter-merit list.

Course

Eligibility

Intake

B. Tech

passed 10+2 in physics, chemistry, and mathematics with a minimum aggregate of 50 percent

JEE MAIN / MHT CET

M. Tech

B. Tech. with a 50% aggregate score

GATE

Reviews

by Kiran , 21 Dec 2020
Class of 2021
Rating
4/5

In my opinion admission fee is reasonable in terms of education wise and facility wise. Rajiv Gandhi College of Engineering & Research admissions for BE course will be usually granted on the basis of entrance exam score. I had appeared for MHT-CET and secured valid score based on that I took admission in this college.

Worth the Money
Crowd & Campus Life
Salary & Placements
Campus Facilities
by Piyush Chauhan , 21 Dec 2020
Class of 2021
Rating
4/5

As of my opinion it is one of the good college for pursuing engineering studies. At present am in final year and I have opted computer science stream in BE and to say about the selected course curriculum it is actually expedient and flexible for studying it. Rajiv Gandhi College Of Engineering & Research Admissions for BE course will be provided actually on the basis of MHT-CET score and students who have qualified in JEE Main entrance test are also eligible to take admission for BE Course. The good thing Mahabdt scholarships are offered by the state government for backward categories

Worth the Money
Crowd & Campus Life
Salary & Placements
Campus Facilities

Asked Question

Without mh-cet exam direct admission possible???
Asked by Pranali Yenaskar

replied on 06-Jun-2019 09:41:30

Hi, taking admissions through management quota or directly candidate should have basic eligibility like intermediate cleared and if he/she has not appeared for any entrance exams can take admissions.


Interested in Rajiv Gandhi College Of Engineering & Research