One year online MBA program from Jindal Global Business School, O.P Jindal Global University, is designed to prepare the next generation of managers and business executives. The curriculum is designed and delivered by top faculty at the School through recorded lectures and regular live sessions on cases and applications. It makes this course one of the most sought-after in the country. Admission to the Online MBA is a selective process that considers the candidate's academic background, leadership potential, and motivation to excel in management.
The minimum eligibility criteria for the program are as follows:
1. Graduation Degree: Candidates must hold a degree from a recognized university in any discipline. The degree should have a minimum aggregate score of 50%. It ensures that applicants have a foundational educational background before pursuing the program.
2. JMAT Online National Level Entrance Exam: Candidates must take the JMAT entrance exam, an online national-level test. The duration of the exam is 30 minutes. The link to the test is provided to candidates after they submit their applications. The JMAT exam helps assess the candidate's aptitude and suitability for the program.
3. Exemption Criteria: Candidates who have scored qualifying marks in other national-level exams within the last three years are exempted from appearing for the JMAT entrance exam. The qualifying marks required for exemption are as follows:
- CAT/XAT/MAT/ATMA: Candidates who have scored ≥ 50 percentile in any of these exams are exempted.
- GRE: Candidates who have scored ≥ 295 in the GRE are exempted.
- GMAT: Candidates who have scored ≥ 450 in the GMAT exam are exempted.
- CMAT/NMAT: Candidates who have scored ≥ 160 in the CMAT or NMAT exam are exempted.
Applicants who have achieved qualifying marks in any of the mentioned exams are not required to take the JMAT entrance exam. It provides flexibility and recognizes the proficiency of candidates who have already appeared for these exams.
By meeting the minimum eligibility criteria and completing the JMAT entrance exam or meeting the exemption criteria, candidates can proceed with the admissions process and enrol in the program. It is significant to note that fulfilling the eligibility criteria is mandatory to ensure applicants have the necessary academic background and aptitude to pursue the program effectively.
The admissions process for the Jindal online MBA upGrad involves several steps to ensure a smooth and efficient enrollment process. Here is a detailed elaboration of each step:
Step 1: Submit Application - Interested applicants need to fill out the MBA application form provided by upGrad. This form collects essential personal and educational information necessary for the admissions process.
Step 2: Take the 30-minute JMAT Entrance Test - As part of the admissions process, applicants must take the JMAT Entrance Test. This test serves as a qualifying criterion and helps assess the candidate's aptitude and suitability for the program. However, applicants may check the list of exams and qualifying criteria mentioned in the brochure to see if they are eligible for an exemption from the JMAT Entrance Test.
Step 3: Block your seat and complete the payment - After completing the entrance test or meeting the exemption criteria, applicants must pay a caution deposit to block their seat in the program. This deposit secures their enrollment. Additionally, applicants must make the balance payment within the specified timeline to complete the payment process.
Step 4: Complete document verification - Once the payment process is completed, applicants must upload the necessary educational documents for verification. These documents confirm the applicant's educational background and are essential to enrollment. The uploaded documents undergo verification to ensure the information is accurate and guarantee the applicant's enrollment in the MBA program.
Applicants need to follow the instructions provided by upGrad and complete each step of the admissions process within the specified timelines. It ensures a seamless enrollment experience and allows applicants to secure their place in the MBA program.
Apart from the score obtained in these entrance examinations, the university will also analyze the extracurriculars, work experience, merit from UG degree, etc, while marking a student's profile and shortlisting them for the course. At last, the selected students will be invited to opt for their desired discipline, which is: