Home >> Mumbai >> Babasaheb Gawde Institute of Management Studies >> Admission

Babasaheb Gawde Institute of Management Studies Admission

Mumbai, Maharashtra | Reviews/Ratings: - Add Review
Established : 1998 | Accredited/Approved : AICTE | Affiliated : University Of Mumbai
Courses Fee Structure
Courses Fee
Admission Procedure

Eligibility Criteria/Cut-off for Admissions 2021

The Mumbai-based Babasaheb Gawde Institute of Management Studies (BGIMS) was founded in 1998. The AICTE has approved the institute, which is associated with the University of Mumbai. BGIMS provides a PG degree in Management Studies as well as a Doctoral programme in Business Management. Mumbai based BGIMS promotes academic excellence and has earned a reputation as a prominent management institute for over 23 years.

  • Students must have graduated from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% aggregate (45% in candidates from backward classes and PWDs from Maharashtra State only).
  • For admission to the MMS/MBA programme at BGIMS, candidates must have a valid MAH CET / CAT / CMAT / MAT  / GMAT  / ATMA / XAT  exam scores.
  • Selection criteria of the students depend on the performance in GD/PI (Group Discussion & Personal Interview.
  • For 80 per cent of the total seats, admission is through CAP counselling conducted by the DTE Maharashtra.

Babasaheb Gawde Institute of Management Studies MMS/MBA Admission

The full-time MMS programme lasts two years and is divided into four semesters. The annual intake of the course is 150 seats. Candidates must have done a UG degree with a least 50% average marks.

  • Admission to MBBS at BGIMS is based on the merit list. Authority will publish the merit list by considering student's scores obtained in the national level entrance test.
  • BGIMS accepts the valid scores of CMAT, MAT, CAT, JMET, GMAT, XAT, MAH MBA CET/MMS CET or AMMI MMS CET.
  • Students who have performed well in any of the following entrance exams can apply for MMS admission in BGIMS.
  • For the final selection process: past academic records, entrance exam, personal interview performance and work experience will be considered.
  • At BGIMS, 20% of seats are reserved for Management Quota admission. The remaining 80% of seats will be filled through CAP Counselling (Centralized admission process)



Selection Criteria


  • andidates must score

Minimum 50% at UG level

  • election of the candidates is

Based on


Babasaheb Gawde Institute of Management Studies PhD. Admission

The Babasaheb Gawde Institute of Management Studies in Mumbai Central provides a Doctoral Program (PhD) in Business Management from the University of Mumbai. Candidates who have completed their PG degree in the concerned discipline can seek admission for PhD at BGIMS.



Eligibility Criteria


Business Management

Master's degree from a recognized university

BGIMS MUMBAI Application Process


Admission to MMS courses is based only on the merits of entrance exams, as determined by the Centralized Counseling Procedure. Candidates seeking admission in MMS at BGIMS must register themselves for the  MAH CET/MMS CET through Maharashtra DTE's official website. Whereas, the final seat allocation takes place through CAP Counselling. (Centralized admission process)

CAP Counselling:

  • Visit the authorized website of DTE Maharashtra.
  • Create a new account and log in with your email address and password.
  • After that, candidates must confirm their application form at the facilitation centre.
  • On the official website, a provisional and final merit list will be available.
  • Candidates can file grievances during the exhibition of the provisional list at the facilitation centre if there are any anomalies.
  • Candidates must log in to fill out and complete the online option form with their college and course preferences.
  • The CAP is divided into three rounds, and once a college has been assigned, candidates must report to the assigned institute to confirm their acceptance.


by Krisha, 21 Dec 2020
Class of 2021

Our institute is run by Maratha Mandir’s Society the admissions are quite strict and for category based candidates there are few advantages provided. In general just to apply for the institute candidates must be a graduate and should have appeared for entrance exam in fact we need to have minimum 50% aggregate in bachelor’s degree. However Babasaheb Gawde Institute of Management Studies PGDM admissions are on basis of CAT/MAT/JMET/ATMA/XAT/GMAT or state level entrance score followed by counselling through which seats will be allotted. As per govt. norms there is even 20% of seats reserved for candidates getting through management quota through this PGDM direct admissions will be granted.

Worth the Money
Crowd & Campus Life
Salary & Placements
Campus Facilities

Asked Question

Interested in Babasaheb Gawde Institute of Management Studies